Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW and Work, Where are you employed?

Just something I thought would be interesting to find out. I'm not sure if similar threads have been made before and if so I apologize.

However, I'm 18 and currently work at a Mexican Restaurant, go to school, and game in WoW. How about you guys?

Moved to Gen OT since it's not really a WoW discussion

10+ Year Old Account
    36, housewife, I play in between getting things done around the house. And the first one of you kids who even thinks about saying something like 'get back in the kitchen' or 'go make me a sammich' is gonna meet the business end of my cast iron frying pan. ;D
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    18, College Student, employed on campus.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I work 40 hours a week, plus a 45 min drive to and from work every day. I work in Graphic Design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

I work as a cleaner in private houses... not glamorous but it pays ok

19, working 06.00am-12.00 in a grocers. (absolutely no chance that I can game in between)
    fun fact: my brother works at some computer thingy, where he searches the internet for all kinds of car parts, the firm he works at has paid him both a desktop, laptop and a mobile, all with free internet and whatsoever.. If he would like he can work home EVERYDAY, which is quite awesome :-)

Curse Client Developer TylerM89's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    22, Software Engineer at Curse. I um... play a lot of video games.

Deleted
    i work as a checkout operator! woo! yes it is as interesting as it sounds

Bartender working on my Master in English. Only get on to raid now it seems, but I am quite alright with that.

I'm 19, working as a CNC operator and the pay is pretty good even though I just got out of school.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    36, housewife, I play in between getting things done around the house. And the first one of you kids who even thinks about saying something like 'get back in the kitchen' or 'go make me a sammich' is gonna meet the business end of my cast iron frying pan. ;D
    Atleast you would be going in the Kitchen to fetch it. LOL

Personal Banker with a small banking firm. I work 40-45hrs a week, and play WoW maybe 2hrs a night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby View Post
    Atleast you would be going in the Kitchen to fetch it. LOL
    *shakes fist* Curse you, you're right! Eh... I needed another cup of coffee anyway.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

I'm glad to see that many of you have responded. It's always just interesting to see who all plays WoW.

36, Database Admin.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    30, Detroit Metro Area of Michigan, automotive engineer. Currently design/release the seats for the Ford Focus. Previously worked on the seat programs for the Ford Fiesta, Ford Fusion/Milan/Zephyr, Mazda 6, and others.

10+ Year Old Account
    18, left school in july but unemployed :<. Finding work is quite hard atm so i have a lot of free time, not playing wow that much though since im on a break from raiding and am pretty bored without it. Log on for maybe 2 hours a day to do some bgs on my rogue and warrior with ofc afking in sw like a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    23 here. I'm the lead of the shipping and receiving end of a medical supplier company. I'm supposed to work like only 40 hours, but lately I've been pushing over 50 easily. Hell, last week I worked 82 hours in a 5-day week.

All I really have time for is PvP now, it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    24, Contributions Administrator and back-up secretary for a private insurance administrator. Boring as all hell at the moment. Due to my commute, though, I only get about 2 hours of WoW a night except for weekends. Still not sure how I feel on that. -_-
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.