Post Raid Lockout Annoyance!

I'm sure many can relate and frankly many are very annoyed, but blizz if you can help by simply designing a simple tool for RL's. I speak of the idiots who are locked to a raid and when you put together a BH 25 or a diff 25 Raid and walked in to see 1/2 for BH or 6/7 for FL and have to sit there lose an hour because some douchebag think's its funny to waste peoples time or people dont understand 10 and 25 man raids for cata share the same lockout. A simple tool that allows only the Raid Leader to scan and see who is locked to that selected raid will help alot of hassle's and headaches, Now im sure theres alot of people with negative thoughts which i could care less about but many with positive thoughts whom i value.....if theres something you can do this will save the fun in the matter. Thank you

Make sure you post this on the unofficial forums Blizzard doesn't look at, that's sure to get their attention.

I know no one uses the raid browser, but if you form a raid group then que yourself in the raid browser, it will error out when someone tries to join your group and they are ineligible for your raid group (ie. saved). It has saved me a lot of aggrivation, and Blizzard already has a solution for it, just no one uses it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superalpaca View Post
    Make sure you post this on the unofficial forums Blizzard doesn't look at, that's sure to get their attention.
    Blizzard has stated many times that they DO read these, and some Blizz employee's probably have their own accounts and could theoretically be posting in this very thread. While you won't get anything OFFICIAL from these forums, it's naive to assume that Blizzard doesn't look at their #1 fan site.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I'd like to further request the ability to scan the raid for how many kills on each boss

PSTing an achievement is far from a full-proof method on determining if someone has the knowledge to down a boss. I'm relying more and more on scanning potential raiders with PlayerScore

Quote Originally Posted by Xayil View Post
    I'd like to further request the ability to scan the raid for how many kills on each boss

PSTing an achievement is far from a full-proof method on determining if someone has the knowledge to down a boss.
    This would be an absolutely horrible addition to the game. I can just see it now, "LFM BH must have 375 ilvl + ach + 35 or more boss kills + 15k DPS or no loot".
    There is NO foolproof method to see how good a player is. A bad player can have high ilvl, an achievement, they could have dozens of kills on that boss. It is absolutely zero indication of whether or not they participated well or if they were carried.

People keep looking for some kind of surefire way to ensure all their PUG players are good. There isn't one. That's a risk you take when pugging a raid. All something like this would do is make it even harder for fresh - not necessarily bad, just fresh - players to join groups.

This reminds me of a Naxx 10 Undying run I joined in Wrath. I immediately got criticised for my Gear Score (which was well and above what was needed for Naxx 10). I nearly got booted by one loud Hunter who couldn't get over the fact that my GS was lower than he liked. So what happened? This guy - with the highest GS - was the one who died because he couldn't dance on Heigan. He ruined the run for us. Before I left group as it fell apart, I said, "Well, good thing you have such a high GS."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    I know no one uses the raid browser, but if you form a raid group then que yourself in the raid browser, it will error out when someone tries to join your group and they are ineligible for your raid group (ie. saved). It has saved me a lot of aggrivation, and Blizzard already has a solution for it, just no one uses it.
    ^ problem solved?

/dbm lockout

If you use DBM. Or if it's just a 10m BH, kick everyone, remake the group one by one and check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Blizzard has stated many times that they DO read these, and some Blizz employee's probably have their own accounts and could theoretically be posting in this very thread. While you won't get anything OFFICIAL from these forums, it's naive to assume that Blizzard doesn't look at their #1 fan site.
    Yes, they certainly do monitor the bigger fansites. But its also naive to assume that those outside sites are monitored as frequently or as closely as the WoW forums. If you want Blizzard to see it, post on the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Xayil View Post

PSTing an achievement is far from a full-proof method on determining if someone has the knowledge to down a boss. I'm relying more and more on scanning potential raiders with PlayerScore
    There was an addon that did this. It game out shortly after the crappy GS as a better way of judging people. However, people like dumb numbers and I can't remember the name. It was good because if the other guy had the addon it could also tell you how many kills he had done on alts.

I find a better solution is to talk to the people I invite.

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    Yes, they certainly do monitor the bigger fansites. But its also naive to assume that those outside sites are monitored as frequently or as closely as the WoW forums. If you want Blizzard to see it, post on the WoW forums.
    Unless you're in the EU. I'm sure you have a better chance of being seen by a Dev if you're on mmo than the EU forums.

We need forums decided by language not region, because its damn annoying not being able to post opinions on US only blue posts.
    Last edited by Mammoth; 2011-10-07 at 09:28 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source