Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Armory is in my signature (make sure to click the balance one not the feral one lol)

and here is a log of me on ultraxion normal, i had to rebirth during heroism with my pot up and it threw me off a lil, idk why there was a mushroom hit but i don't use those and know not to lol: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5929&e=6163

I get DI and the occasional PI or Tricks when it's my turn, but i'm not sure if i'm past the 3102 breakpoint with DI, or what i should do on terms of mastery vs. haste afterward.
    Last edited by olgreg3bear; 2012-02-15 at 12:45 AM. Reason: i had the wrong log up and a typo in last paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by olgreg3bear View Post
    Armory is in my signature (make sure to click the balance one not the feral one lol)

and here is a log of me on ultraxion normal, i had to rebirth during heroism with my pot up and it threw me off a lil, idk why there was a mushroom hit but i don't use those and know not to lol: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5929&e=6163

I get DI and the occasional PI or Tricks when it's my turn, but i'm not sure if i'm past the 3102 breakpoint with DI, or what i should do on terms of mastery vs. haste afterward.
    You were told what?...not to use Mushrooms? Why? Detonate is off the GCD so it's like a free nuke when u hit Solar.

3102 is a non-DI breakpoint. Haste is still better no matter what. The only situations this changes is HC Spine (and HC Rhyolyth etc but its not relevant :P )

See if you can get the crafted bracers since they are very nice.

Wow, didn't know that thanks juve. working on getting mats for the bracers actually

Deleted
    Hi guys,

My mainspec is feral and normally I play my second spec only when the boss doesn't require two tanks. Today I decided to run DS normal as a whole as moonkin and I wasn't really happy with my damage.

Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/54a21...?s=1576&e=1847 (forgot to log morchok and zon'ozz)
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...9Bnda/advanced

I feel like my damage is way below how much I should do, but I don't know what to improve, my dot uptime is a bit low and I'm working on that, I would be happy if anyone could point out any mistakes I made and what I can improve.
    Last edited by mmoc09485a01fe; 2012-02-19 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    Hi guys,

My mainspec is feral and normally I play my second spec only when the boss doesn't require two tanks. Today I decided to run DS normal as a whole as moonkin and I wasn't really happy with my damage.

Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/54a21...?s=1576&e=1847 (forgot to log morchok and zon'ozz)
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...9Bnda/advanced

I feel like my damage is way below how much I should do, but I don't know what to improve, my dot uptime is a bit low and I'm working on that, I would be happy if anyone could point out any mistakes I made and what I can improve.
    Your gear and reforges are fine and so is ur spec and glyphs. Reason why ur dps was low ins because
    A- You were in a melee heave group.
    B- Your not using Mushrooms and Sunfire correctly.

On Yorsazh make sure if there is a black bubble to be in solar eclipse and have 3 mushrooms places and spam sunfire on all adds.
    Hagara double dot the 4 crystals during frost tempest, and plant 3 mushrooms next to her for when she gets the feedback debuff and u can hit her with the shrooms pretty hard.
    Blackhorn stay in solar eclipce the whole 1st phase just dot and starfall everything.
    Spine this one is w/e
    Madness u did pretty decent just make sure u have mushrooms down for the hemorage so u can hit all the regenerative bloods.

Overall u need to play more with ur dots and Mushrooms.
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!

Hi guys, I skimmed through the Balance thread on EJ and noticed that most of the contributors have Gale Winds in their spec, is there a particular reason for that? The only thing that comes to my mind is +30% dmg on Typhoon, but is that really worth? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qwetz View Post
    Hi guys, I skimmed through the Balance thread on EJ and noticed that most of the contributors have Gale Winds in their spec, is there a particular reason for that? The only thing that comes to my mind is +30% dmg on Typhoon, but is that really worth? Thanks
    It's not necessary to get it but unless you are doing HCs and want to max up Perseverance there is nothing else to get. Plus it makes the super weak Hurricane less weak :P

Quote Originally Posted by Qwetz View Post
    you use hurricane on madness heroic.

ooh, thanks for the explanation.. I took a small break from raiding, so HC madness is not my concern as of yet :P

Does anyone know if Thorns is worth casting at the beginning of Solar eclipse? I tried looking for info about this everywhere but found nothing about it. (And also in general, if it is used frequently or not for a typical Balance druid?)

I don't think it's worth casting normally... i'm not even sure if our eclipse affects it when we put it on someone else.
    It's usefull for fights like Alysrazor due to the massive multiplier the hatchling-tanks get, but for most fights, there are probably better buttons to press.

I am in a casual raiding guild that has been very lucky to have a group of very good, stable players since BC. In each tier, we usually get 3 or 4 kills into heroics while it is still current despite only raiding for 6 hours a week tops. We are currently 2/8 in DS heroics while only raiding one night a week.

I was a bear for most of BC but when Wrath hit, our guild had next to no ranged DPS so I went boomkin despite initial misgivings. However, I quickly feel in love with the spec and stayed balance through all of wrath and into cataclysm. For the most part, I was topping meters up to and including tier 11. With 4.2, my guild was in need of a death knight tank so I switched my main but I switched back to balance in 4.3.

Ever since my DPS has been at the bottom of the pack on nearly every fight save Warmaster Blackhorn. I feel like I am doing everything right but my DPS just isn't cutting it. I feel like dead weight in guild runs.

Here is my armory:
    us . battle . net /wow/en/character/madoran/Yuma/simple

Here is a parse from our H-Ultraxion kill last week:
    worldoflogs . com /reports/9a0k9wot6npddsp3/details/7/?s=5117&e=5450

My DoT uptime's were a tad low but I have been working on that since. I didn't pop mushrooms on this attempt. I double potted INT pots. No DI.

Any ideas?

Looks about right to me, especially without DI and no 10% SP buff.

Most people are having trouble from what I can tell on Ultra, honestly to max your DPS you need to think ahead and watch timers. Decide when and if its ok to refresh dots or hold to make sure you don't waste your Natures Grace.

Situation. You just hit Solar your dots have dropped and Hour / Fading Light is in 2 seconds. WHAT DO YOU DO!?! Well hold refreshing dots and continue to hard cast for the duration. Once out of Hour / Fading refresh dots and enjoy full NG uptime. With more haste this becomes less and less of a chore. Your transitions line up better and better with Hours. Until you have a a lot of haste you need to plan at least 10 seconds ahead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't think it's worth casting normally... i'm not even sure if our eclipse affects it when we put it on someone else.
    It's usefull for fights like Alysrazor due to the massive multiplier the hatchling-tanks get, but for most fights, there are probably better buttons to press.
    Our eclipse does effect it when we put it on someone else. But yeah, unless it's a huge add fight, it's really just not worth it.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Lemongrab View Post
    Most people are having trouble from what I can tell on Ultra, honestly to max your DPS you need to think ahead and watch timers. Decide when and if its ok to refresh dots or hold to make sure you don't waste your Natures Grace.

Situation. You just hit Solar your dots have dropped and Hour / Fading Light is in 2 seconds. WHAT DO YOU DO!?! Well hold refreshing dots and continue to hard cast for the duration. Once out of Hour / Fading refresh dots and enjoy full NG uptime. With more haste this becomes less and less of a chore. Your transitions line up better and better with Hours. Until you have a a lot of haste you need to plan at least 10 seconds ahead.
    People really need to work on tracking dots/ng/procs/cooldowns. On a fight like ultraxion heroic it's as close to patchwerk this tier gets. The way to maximize your DPS on this fight is to really track cooldowns of your trinkets, weapon procs, dots, ng, etc... You need to make decisions constantly whether to refresh your dots or not. When you refresh your dots and how you make use of NG is very important. Also, getting used to hitting heroic will at the last possible second also helps. Tracking a lot of things in your head such as approximately how long in each situation it takes for you to eclipse is very important to maximizing dps. You need to be very aware and able to think multiple steps ahead. (of course this goes for every encounter)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello everyone

Im posting here for our Moonkin and no im not posting it without him knowing. But his english is even worse than mine, thats why its me posting for him. But he is reading and i will translate back and forth for him, hope this is okay for you.

We are a 10man raiding guild and raid 3 days a week. Progress is at 3/8 HC. We have some people pulling low dps compared to their gear and we are atleast in this case here, not sure why its happening or what could be done to improve his perfomance.

Armoy Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yriah/advanced
    RaidBots: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/sen%27jin/ilyriah/
    WoL Log Directory: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/29313/
    Specific Log (Ultra HC Wipes): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=5139&e=5498

Any kind of help is welcome!

Thank you in advance.

Ulvi

MyWork | Not taking any Requests at the moment |

Quote Originally Posted by Ulvi View Post
    Hello everyone

Im posting here for our Moonkin and no im not posting it without him knowing. But his english is even worse than mine, thats why its me posting for him. But he is reading and i will translate back and forth for him, hope this is okay for you.

We are a 10man raiding guild and raid 3 days a week. Progress is at 3/8 HC. We have some people pulling low dps compared to their gear and we are atleast in this case here, not sure why its happening or what could be done to improve his perfomance.

Armoy Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yriah/advanced
    RaidBots: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/sen%27jin/ilyriah/
    WoL Log Directory: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/29313/
    Specific Log (Ultra HC Wipes): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=5139&e=5498

Any kind of help is welcome!

Thank you in advance.

Ulvi

Gear:
    Gear is overall looking okay, with his major weakness being the trinkets. Even some of the LFR trinkets are better than what he's got, so that's something to work towards. Also, the resto tier chest is much better than the balance tier chest (sad, I know), so if he has access to another chest token, have him switch to that one. This will get his haste a bit higher, and he is VERY close to his next non-NG haste breakpoint (8 haste away!), so this should be a good dps boost for him.

Reforging and chants generally look good.

Spec: Looking pretty good too. Fungal Growth is pretty much a useless talent this tier, but there's nothing he can switch the points into that will increase his dps (unless he's going oom on a regular basis, which he shouldn't be).

CDs/consumables: In the 21 fights in that link you posted, he only used 4 potions. Bad moonkin! He should be at the very least single potting on every fight, and double potting on some (Ultraxion is a great fight to double pot on).

I also see no flasks. This could be a WoL glitch, but if it's not, he needs to flask. The INT gain is enormous, especially considering he's an alchemist.

He has a non-optimal profession (herbalism), and isn't using the bonus from it. If he's not going to switch professions, he should at the very least be using Lifeblood pretty much on CD (or slightly after CD if he's timing it with different parts of the fight).

It looks to me like he's not using treants on CD. I could be wrong though.

Rotation: His DoT uptime seems low - in the 70-80% range for each dot for most fights. He should be at least in the 90% range. Specifically for Ultraxion this can take time (learning to time your DoTs with the fade and whatnot), but keeping dots up will have a substantial impact on his dps. Do you know what addons he uses to track his dots?

Those are some things I saw that may be worth considering.

Checking his previous logs and other bosses tells us he's an extremely mediocre player. Not saying this to be mean. If anything his logs on your Ultrax HC attempts is better than anything else he's done.

He seems to lack knowledge of possible gearingoptions for one: he's using balance chestpiece instead of resto, he'd be miles better off with crafted bracers than the vp ones and he's overcapped on hit.

Other than that he's not queueing spells as he should, or he's lagging terribly. Just taking a quick log of my own I get off roughly 25 more casts than him with 1min shorter fight. I suspect he's refreshing dots both when entering and exiting eclipses + in awkward places (right b4 twilight = missing casttime during NG).

Even still.. this baffles me: he has lower uptime on them.

It netted him roughly 35 more IS ticks and 30 sf/mf ticks than me, (still in 1min longer fight).
    say this adds up to ~60 ticks to make it easy, 60x his average tick(hey let's make it even easier, taking his average CRIT dmg from sunfire: 12.9k) = 774k

jesus that's alot of dmg!

But oh, not only did all this time redotting not give him higher uptime (for the 2set t13) it also lost him the 25 casts. Let's for simplicity say it's wraths (shortest cast so it's not only wraths) let's also use the average HITvalue from wrath so 25x 24.4k = 610k.

That's a big overexageration on dots, and the opposite done to casts. Still only ~165k difference.

Hm, not sure where I was heading with this, just got back to the comp..

TL DR :
    His # of casts seems way off taking into consideration his haste and fightlength. Every single one of his spells, even instants would have to take him 2s to cast to get that low. lag?
    He has quite a few upgrades easily available, and some he didn't take even though he had them in the bag. poor knowledge?

other things: your feral is even further off the mark, replace with eleshammie if available and get the 10% sp instead of 6% and WF for the warrior who atleast seems to be doing something right.

(is the feral normally tank or something?)
    (rogue's also not pulling it)
    Last edited by foibooze; 2012-02-23 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the feedback so far, more is still welcome any detail could help.

Looks scary what im reading here, well. He's using Forte for Timers. And i make sure hes gonna change what he's doing wrong.

other things: your feral is even further off the mark, replace with eleshammie if available and get the 10% sp instead of 6% and WF for the warrior who atleast seems to be doing something right.

(is the feral normally tank or something?)
    (rogue's also not pulling it)
    Heh, yes that log looks pretty bad, but 2 of our stronger players werent there sadly. The feral just came back and is going to be the next one i try to help and no he's no tank. The warri and mage are good players. And the rogue in this case is a new char which reached 85 and started gearing just 1 id ago, and its me. i played a warlock before but atleast i know how to imrpove the rogue, even if i still lack some routine.

///////////

Edit back to the moonkin.

I see hes refreshing his dots too much or at weird places and gets lower uptime (strange). That means, he should be careful to refresh his dots right before wearing off to get more casttime for his other spells? By how much (seconds) is clipping an option for moonkin dots? Or at which states with which buffs is it recommended to renew these dots? Should he refresh them just before he ends the solarphase(+bonus) or too at the end of the lunarphase?
    Could you maybe get a lil more specific about what exactly could be done to make it better?

And a question from him.
    "If his Dots a running out 1-2 casts before the solarphase and he renews them. Should he renew them again once he's inside the solarphase(+bonus) or wait till the end of the phase?"
    Last edited by Ulvi; 2012-02-24 at 02:56 PM.

MyWork | Not taking any Requests at the moment |