Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly you do roughly as much dps as i do, malkorok just sucks as a fight for boomkins, too much movement, oozes, etc..

Hi guys,
    Can you help me fix my DPS please?
    Sorry I cant post links :/(forum rules)

My character is here eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Exizt/advanced

Here is log from last SOO normal kills worldoflogs.com/reports/xmc55ryxpwufwcl7/sum/damageDone/?enc=kills
    And Here is log from Garrosh progress(how can I make more dps here?) worldoflogs.com/reports/oplm4i2xpkg06j95/sum/damageDone/?enc=wipes

It is possible make more DPS with my gear/stats?? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong can you tell me?
    Thank you!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xizt View Post
    It is possible make more DPS with my gear/stats?? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong can you tell me?
    Thank you!
    With the Legendary Cape and your Item Level, I highly recommend the 10.3k Haste Breakpoint (10289 to be exact). You can achieve this by doing the following.

Weapon = Reforge Hit to Haste
    Neck = Reforge Haste to Crit
    Hands = Remove Reforge
    Legs = Reforge Spirit to Crit
    Boots = Reforge Spirit to Haste

That should put you at 10294 Haste and don't worry about being 14.99% Hit.

As for Garrosh I can see your Nature's Grace uptime is really low. Try to focus more on Garrosh (Boss damage) than DOTing Adds. Remember if you waste too much time DOTing everything you're making yourself not move on the Eclipse Bar unless you get a lot of lucky SS Procs. The only time you should use Hurricane on Adds if is if they're still alive as Garrosh transitions from 10% to 100% (Phase 1 to 2) because he'll just fully heal to 100% regardless of damage on him until the role play is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunnar View Post
    With the Legendary Cape and your Item Level, I highly recommend the 10.3k Haste Breakpoint (10289 to be exact).
    I'm not an expert on boomy DPS, still working on it myself, but from what I understand it's recommended to go for 10296 haste to hit the GCD cap, since it's so close to the 10289 haste bp.

Quote Originally Posted by Candescently View Post
    I'm not an expert on boomy DPS, still working on it myself, but from what I understand it's recommended to go for 10296 haste to hit the GCD cap, since it's so close to the 10289 haste bp.
    For all intents and purposes they are the same thing. But when using tools like AMR and Reforgelite it's better to aim at the 10289 because that's the least you need and aiming for the 10296 might force you to take reforges that put you way over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunnar View Post
    With the Legendary Cape and your Item Level, I highly recommend the 10.3k Haste Breakpoint (10289 to be exact). You can achieve this by doing the following.

Weapon = Reforge Hit to Haste
    Neck = Reforge Haste to Crit
    Hands = Remove Reforge
    Legs = Reforge Spirit to Crit
    Boots = Reforge Spirit to Haste

That should put you at 10294 Haste and don't worry about being 14.99% Hit.

As for Garrosh I can see your Nature's Grace uptime is really low. Try to focus more on Garrosh (Boss damage) than DOTing Adds. Remember if you waste too much time DOTing everything you're making yourself not move on the Eclipse Bar unless you get a lot of lucky SS Procs. The only time you should use Hurricane on Adds if is if they're still alive as Garrosh transitions from 10% to 100% (Phase 1 to 2) because he'll just fully heal to 100% regardless of damage on him until the role play is done.
    Thank you very much. I will try this.

Hey,

im struggling in dps and i dont really know why.
    here is my armory wol(i dont know if theres an option to change the language)

worldoflogs .com/reports/rt-bci24km3lglf5z2u/
    worldoflogs .com/reports/gf2djh9kkdfnhb7q/
    eu.battle .net/wow/en/character/azshara/sadorath/advanced (pls dont mention the immerseus trinket - its cursed)
    (would you use the hc drakebinder greatstaff?)
    (not allowed to post links since i lost my old account)

most of the time i play as safe as possible but my dps sucks big time
    pls help me to improve - im not happy with my performance
    thank you in advance for your help
    Last edited by Sadorath; 2014-03-05 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadorath View Post
    Hey,

im struggling in dps and i dont really know why.
    here is my armory wol(i dont know if theres an option to change the language)

worldoflogs .com/reports/rt-bci24km3lglf5z2u/
    worldoflogs .com/reports/gf2djh9kkdfnhb7q/
    eu.battle .net/wow/en/character/azshara/sadorath/advanced (pls dont mention the immerseus trinket - its cursed)
    (would you use the hc drakebinder greatstaff?)
    (not allowed to post links since i lost my old account)

most of the time i play as safe as possible but my dps sucks big time
    pls help me to improve - im not happy with my performance
    thank you in advance for your help

Most of your single target fights you have under 75% uptime on NG, and less than 80% uptime on dots. The more you maximize the NG and dot uptime, the higher your dps will obviously be. This probably means you are moving way more than you need and are refreshing dots sometimes unnecessarily. Get to the other eclipse ASAP and remember that the biggest thing in regard to dots is to make sure they are always up!

I'd also suggest starting in solar for fights like shamans and protectors.

Can't see your gear, you are logged out in feral gear.
    Last edited by Isomerase; 2014-03-08 at 04:18 AM.

thanks for you answer - i will try to focus on that
    i logged out in moonkingear if you want to take a look at that but i think its okay

i got another question: with the addon AffDots(balance) i try to mange the power of my dots (int proccs etc) but im not 100% sure when to refresh them (after trinketproccs etc) because i dont want to waste GCDs unnecessarily
    affdots balance link: curse. com/addons/wow/affdots-balance-druid
    Last edited by Sadorath; 2014-03-08 at 07:25 AM.

There are a lot of things to take into consideration, in my opinion, when going to refresh your DoTs early:

-First off if you're not in Eclipse then you should forget about it.

-Take a quick glance at your Nature's Grace and see if you have enough to finish transitioning to the next eclipse with a GCD or two to spare (usually going from Solar to Lunar takes less time).

-Take into account what you snapshotted your original DoT with. If only Nature's Grace, then I'd say it wouldn't be worth the refresh unless you got a Meta proc and a trinket proc as well. For reference: Meta Proc = 3 extra ticks.

-Take into account how much time remains on the DoT and where in your eclipse rotation you are. Don't bother refreshing when you might be entering that eclipse 1-2seconds after the DoT falls.

-100% uptime on DoTs isn't always optimal, figure around 90-95% uptime should be fine so long as you're not sacrificing NG uptime.

-Take movement into account.

A lot of it is guess-work or trial and error. So long as you're not wasting NG uptime and your DoTs are snapshotted with meta or procs whenever possible then you're usually pretty well off.
    I just use a DoT potency weak aura rather than AffDoTs so I'm not 100% how it factors in procs or if it take into account bonus crit chance from Int and all that. Try to use your judgement, if you're in a heroic guild then you're probably a smarter person than you think xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sadorath View Post
    thanks for you answer - i will try to focus on that
    i logged out in moonkingear if you want to take a look at that but i think its okay

i got another question: with the addon AffDots(balance) i try to mange the power of my dots (int proccs etc) but im not 100% sure when to refresh them (after trinketproccs etc) because i dont want to waste GCDs unnecessarily
    affdots balance link: curse. com/addons/wow/affdots-balance-druid
    I don't use it personally but I'd say its a solid resource. You just don't want to get into the routine of refreshing too often just because a trinket proc'd.

Follow Bologna's guidelines, and you're basically there. The rest of it comes down to experience.
    Unfortunately theres no straight forward answer and it comes down to the situation. Thats the stuff the separates the great players from the good ones.

Deleted
    Fountaiin, I just watched your twitch video, pretty nice, but I saw something and I wondered - Maybee it was a small mistake by you, because you were narrating you play - at some point, you let moonfire fall off, while in solar ecplise, but you had a trinket proc, and I belive it's better to use moonfire at this point, instead of just letting it drop off, you might've got a few more SS procs from it. So now when you can think about it, what would you do in the situation ?

Hey guys!

I am Broland the balance druid.
    SUPER long time reader and have barely ever posted on the forums.
    I raided flex some time ago, and was wondering if any of you experienced fellows would like to lend some advice to me!

www worldoflogs com/reports/lbgjfk3smiaaa7sa/[/url]

us battle net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Broland/advanced[/url]

Some specific questions:
    On protectors, I have 33% ss proc wastage and like 50% NG uptime just because of how much dotting I need to do, but on Sha of Pride I have 79% NG uptime and 25% proc wastage, and 90% dot uptime. Are these numbers good or bad? Any tips on how I may improve on either single/multiple target fights?

I know all about moonkin play-style and don't really need the basic/intermediate advice, just have no idea if I am actually doing it right because I can't interpret logs very well.
    Last edited by Cyz; 2014-03-10 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
    Hey guys!

I am Broland the balance druid.
    SUPER long time reader and have barely ever posted on the forums.
    I raided flex some time ago, and was wondering if any of you experienced fellows would like to lend some advice to me!

www worldoflogs com/reports/lbgjfk3smiaaa7sa/[/url]

us battle net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Broland/advanced[/url]

Some specific questions:
    On protectors, I have 33% ss proc wastage and like 50% NG uptime just because of how much dotting I need to do, but on Sha of Pride I have 79% NG uptime and 25% proc wastage, and 90% dot uptime. Are these numbers good or bad? Any tips on how I may improve on either single/multiple target fights?

I know all about moonkin play-style and don't really need the basic/intermediate advice, just have no idea if I am actually doing it right because I can't interpret logs very well.
    when youre multi-dotting your SS proc waste will always be a bit higher. but your NG uptime is a little low on protectors, try to push eclipse a little faster. try to keep 3 targets dotted and push eclipse, or, eclipsed dot on everything and push.

@Cyz

When multidotting 3-5 targets that actually need to take damage, I prefer to only DoT them with my Mastery buffed DoT. Maybe keep the non-mastery buffed DoT up on the primary target. This is completely preference however I feel it gives you the same amount of Starsurge procs but reduces the number of DoTs you're trying to keep up thus saving you Nature's Grace.

Also you could practice this on the training dummies. What I do is DoT all 4 dummies with Moonfire and rotate which dummy I'm casting Starfire/Starsurge on. This way you have an equal chance of critting each of them and thus keeping all of your DoTs up for another tick or two. This is a very small change but over the course of a 6 or so minute fight it makes quite a bit of difference.

Good morning!

Enough is enough. After several nights scouring logs with the begrudging help of a very endearing frost mage, I am too tired and defeated to go on. Yes, we hit a large snag this tier and our DPS overall can come off a wee bit low, really. However, I am baffled as to why I can not push more than what I currently am doing. Sure, there is much to be said about consistency. However, I am ready to be a little more radical. I am not in the least comforted by well meaning guildies telling me they think I am great or that I do better than the other druids. I need to do even better.

At this time, the general consensus is that I am perhaps missing something so huge and frankly, stupid, that I will want to jump off of Aldor Rise several times in penance.

Below, I have included my Epeen as well as two Warcraft Logs pages along with my armory for convenience. One WL from my own personal saves and the other from our tank's. I apologize ahead of time for the unsightly 'broken' links.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Avaerice/advanced
    Epeen: raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/stormrage/avaerice/
    Warcraft Logs 1: warcraftlogs.com/guilds/6041
    Warcraft Logs 2: warcraftlogs.com/guilds/4009

Regards.
    Last edited by Avaerice; 2014-03-12 at 08:19 AM.

After 17 minutes (!) at the Raider's Training Dummy, following Sunfyre's rotation, and going for the 10k~ haste cap, even though it meant dropping crit to only 4k, I managed to increase my DPS by 10-15k with my balance druid. If this is the rotation or the stat balancing working, I don't know, and won't find out, 2k in gemming, enchanting and reforging gotta do it.

But I am struggling a lot with DPS still. I did 76k (very sustainable) on the dummy for 17 minutes, started out at 73k, after 6-8 minutes I peaked at 78 when popping Celestial Alignment right after a Incarnation, but it stabilized at 76k till I went off the dummy. Now this isn't great for a 510-geared nubkin (me), but a big jump from raid buffed 70k on Sha in SoO LFR earlier. I don't know what I should do really. Considering going for more PvP items (522) to replace my 496 items, as even though the PvP-power is present, it will increase my other stat by a large amount, thanks to the insane gear scaling Blizz gave us.

Anyways, loads of bullshite there, here are the numbers from Skada:
    <17:20:15 > Skada: Starfire 20667382 (26.9%)
    <17:20:15 > Skada: Wrath 17913690 (23.3%)
    <17:20:15 > Skada: Starfall 12562920 (16.3%)
    <17:20:15 > Skada: Starsurge 9610147 (12.5%)
    <17:20:15 > Skada: Sunfire 8104062 (10.5%)
    <17:20:15 > Skada: Moonfire 8100512 (10.5%)
    <17:28:43 > Skada: Skada: Damage for Training Dummy, 17:02:34 - 17:19:33:
    <17:28:43 > Skada: 1. Feskarmannen 76958713 (75971, 100.0%)
    For the timeframe, total damage and DPS. It was around 500 higher before leaving the dummy, as you know always happens.

Am I a bit low for a low-bracket avg player? With my lock at 510 I could easily push 90-110k self-buffed, but they do scale very differently...

Hi everyone,

Some background: I come from a very, very melee centric background. I've not played a ranged in serious progression since early wrath on my warlock. I have never played a moonkin in a raid before a week or two ago when I did a run-through of flex. I've never done any of these fights on a ranged except for that one flex.

Note: I do not have Purified Bindings, I've gotten the cloak off my coin every time including heroic warforged >_<
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...indre/advanced
    Appears I needed to go back to feral for the moment. Can see gear at http://www.wowprogress.com/character...mrage/Ellindre for the moment, not sure when it will update. 567.87 ilvl, 10289 haste BP, reg black blood, heroic Toxic Totem for trinkets.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-58jj63hotngkp6jg/

Things I already know:
    1: I need to work on when to move and when to stay still. I've canceled several casts that I shouldn't have.
    2: CD planning. I need to get used to 3 minute CDs instead 2 minute reduced by finishers / 40 second baseline, and plan more around aoe for them (Nazgrim I popped when they came up instead of waiting for adds to come out). Same with not popping CA at the right time.
    3: Better visual tracking of which way my eclipse bar is moving. I've done several casts of the wrong filler after dotting up things.
    4: Better starsurge management. See question below though.

General questsions:
    1: Lunar vs Solar opener. From reading, lunar is more consistent while solar is all about if trinkets proc at the right time.
    2: Multidotting vs throwing out starsurge procs. Starsurge seems to be the higher priority. Does this change based around procs? What about if you're about to leave an eclipse?
    Last edited by Algroda; 2014-03-14 at 01:24 AM.

Fesk, you should post your logs and your armory (leave off the http and www parts), I don't think people can help much with the info you gave.

Algroda, both your armory and wowprogress are linking to your feral gear. I recommend saving an AskMrRobot profile, like I have below. Several people have recommended not using Solar unless you have both Bindings and KTT, but I don't know if that applies to your situation. From what I understand SS/SS procs > multidotting, but again, I'm certainly not the best boomy out there.
    Last edited by Candescently; 2014-03-27 at 03:21 PM.

Heya, I can't link any WoL logs, as I am not raiding with that char at all. eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/runetotem/Feskarmannen/simple

I had some gear swapped so I am at 512 (it says 511, Timeless Isle weapon bug on Armory), but DPS shouldn't be that different.
    I am considering main swap to boomkin as warlocks are boring as crap, even mages are more fun now... Except the low-DPS specs ofc, they are fun, but no good output untill I get to normal SoO gear and beyond.