Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does a Feral or a Hunter have more buttons to press in PVP?

Which has more buttons to hit, so far on my druid who is 78 doesn't seem to have half the buttons to hit then i have on my hunter, is this normal or am i just missing a few things?

15+ Year Old Account
    Druid definitely has a shitload of buttons to hit if you want to play to the max (which means not only being in catform, but using offensive and defensive spells in caster form, using bear form, all your crowd control, etc.)
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

A Feral played to the max has at least twice as many buttons to hit than a Hunter

Deleted
    I play a hunter and I'd say druid probably.
    That doesn't mean they're harder though.

I have 62 keybinds and then my normal alt modifiers for stances which add another 5. 67 for hunter.

Druid has 68 and 5 alt modifiers for stances so 73. Purely from a numbers perspective, druids are more complex. Also add in I use healbot for healing and having all my binds for my normal attacks and self casts. Just my experience, but druids are more difficult though I know that wasn't the question.

My hunter I was pulling close to 20k within 24 hours with boes/guild runs. I wouldn't say they are faceroll cause you have a lot of abilities that take some finese to properly maximize however, they aren't exceptionally hard. Neither is boomkin tbh though.

Edit: I understand we're talking pvp but I have every skill keybound since I do pvp and pve. I'm not like 2k on my hunter or druid so I didn't say something like 'I went 20-0 in 2s first night' or something like that. Was just trying to give perspective.
    Last edited by Davisdoesdallas; 2011-10-07 at 02:05 PM.

My hunter I was pulling close to 20k
    I think we're talking PvP here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 126 actions bound on my Feral Druid and 139 bound on my Hunter.

My Hunter has more focus related action binds, and more actions bound that use the same ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    I have over 9000 keybinds for my druid.
    <Infracted>
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-10-06 at 03:24 PM.

Druid I believe has more (base binds) then a Hunter, but like mentioned, Hunters will probably pull ahead on macros with their amount of CC vs. Druids.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    Druid I believe has more (base binds) then a Hunter, but like mentioned, Hunters will probably pull ahead on macros with their amount of CC vs. Druids.
    I'm pretty sure ferals have a bit more cc spells than hunters.

None of my other classes have as many binds as my hunter, so many tools

Feral
    Cyclone
    Entangling Roots
    Hibernate
    Feral Charge

Total:

Hunter
    Silencing Shot
    Scatter Shot
    Concussive Shot
    Wing Clip
    Scare Beast
    Freezing Trap
    Pet Stun/Blind/Root
    ---- There is also Wyvern Sting and Intimidation, but as they are other spec's they would take the place of Silencing Shot, so same amount.

Total:

Let me know if I missed any.

Kaeja - Stormrage

no, Feral has more cc, let me go over it:
    Cyclone
    Bash
    Maim
    Feral Charge Bear
    Nature's Grasp
    Hibernate
    Entangling roots
    I guess Feral Charge Cat and shadowmeld + pounce combo deserve an honorable mention ( Warstomp aswell, but not a druid spell )
    I think I should add that while you may think feral is easier or whatever, a feral played in pvp, can utilise Wild Mushroom to stop a healers drink while he's LoS, aswell as swap maims in between targets for alot of cc, hell maim into cyclone is a great cc chain and I love doing it, one very important thing to note is the fact that feral enjoys playing in multiple stances however healing spells aren't in any of them, so all healing spells just inflate the number of keybinds.
    My 2cents.

Also need to remeber that traps have double bindings for launcher. Snake, Ice and Freeze are all used in PvP to either CC or snare. So theres 6 bindings right there.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Deleted
    It's about the same, atleast as far as I have macroed the diffrent abilities on my toons they are about the same.

Feral
    Cyclone
    Entangling Roots
    Hibernate
    Feral Charge

Total:

Hunter
    Silencing Shot
    Scatter Shot
    Concussive Shot
    Wing Clip
    Scare Beast
    Freezing Trap
    Pet Stun/Blind/Root
    ---- There is also Wyvern Sting and Intimidation, but as they are other spec's they would take the place of Silencing Shot, so same amount.

Total:

Maim, Skull Bash, Feral Charge (Bear), Bash, Entangling Roots, Hibernate, Cyclone, Nature's Grasp, Wild Mushroom.

Deleted
    Feral
    Cyclone
    Entangling Roots
    Hibernate
    Feral Charge

Total:

Hunter
    Silencing Shot
    Scatter Shot
    Concussive Shot
    Wing Clip
    Scare Beast
    Freezing Trap
    Pet Stun/Blind/Root

Total:

skull bash and maim, bear charge (even though it shares cd with kitty charge it is sometimes preferred), bash

I wouldn't consider Wing Clip a cc it's a slow (my hunter is only 61 so I don't know if that changes later but I doubt it). Also traps don't require focus/arena1,2,3 macros unlike hibernate, cyclone and roots. I'm not taking any sides just pointing stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewinter View Post
    Maim, Skull Bash, Bash, Nature's Grasp, Wild Mushroom.
    Wild Mushroom would take the place of your feral charges, so I wouldn't include that the same as me not counting wyvern sting and intimidation.

Quote Originally Posted by ArekuD View Post
    I wouldn't consider Wing Clip a cc it's a slow (my hunter is only 61 so I don't know if that changes later but I doubt it). Also traps don't require focus/arena1,2,3 macros unlike hibernate, cyclone and roots. I'm not taking any sides just pointing stuff out.
    Not considering wing clip as a CC is like not considering concussive shot a CC. Traps don't require focus, but the launcher does which is what you use 90% of the time. Correct they don't, but scatter, silencing, petstun and scare beast would.

So right now we're at

Feral
    Cyclone *M
    Entangling Roots *M
    Hibernate *M
    Feral Charge --- There is also Wild Mushroom *M
    Maim
    Skull Bash
    Bash
    Nature's Grasp

Total:
    Total Macro-able

Hunter
    Silencing Shot *M
    Scatter Shot *M
    Concussive Shot *M
    Wing Clip (Macro-able, but not an arena1/2/3)
    Scare Beast *M
    Freezing Trap
    Snake Trap/Entrapment
    Pet Stun/Blind/Root *M

Total:
    Macro-able

So as is, it looks like they're even. If you want to consider what can be macro'd in to arena1/2/3 though, Hunter pulls slightly ahead. I don't play feral though, so correct anything that's wrong.

Kaeja - Stormrage

we still have wild mushroom in feral specc, that's the point, whereas it doesn't have the slow effect, it's still usable to stop the LoS healer drinking, as I stated a couple replies before.

Feral
    Cyclone *M
    Entangling Roots *M
    Hibernate *M
    Feral Charge --- There is also Wild Mushroom *M
    Maim
    Skull Bash
    Bash
    Nature's Grasp

Total:
    Total Macro-able

I find it hard to believe that any Feral doesn't have Skull Bash and Bash with Focus and Arena target macros. That really should be total macro-able 6.

I play both Hunter and Druid and my Druid definitely has more binds total but Druids have several forms so I am not sure if it is a fair comparison.