Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I think they may have, heh. Is a bottom-mounted PSU seriously that unusual? Just seems like... common sense to me.
    I think it is actually. Most of the "good" cases come like that now... but if you just look at random no-name ones, they're usually top mounted.
    Just checked 5 random ones on newegg, 5 different brands I've never heard of and they were all top-mounted.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    That's what jumped out at me.
    Wow, you left out then sentence between your bolded one and the next.....
    "This isn't unusual or anything new, as cases with bottom-based PSU mounts have been available for years, but it's still refreshing to see something seemingly out of the ordinary."
    They don't look quite as bad when you don't edit out the key part of that paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    "This isn't unusual or anything new, as cases with bottom-based PSU mounts have been available for years, but it's still refreshing to see something seemingly out of the ordinary."
    They don't look quite as bad when you don't edit out the key part of that paragraph.
    first of all, that sentence was not originally in the article. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/V3-Bla...ews-36637.html has the original article (for now at least) - screencap for prosperity http://i55.tinypic.com/izrjva.jpg

With the release of the V3 BlacX Edition mid-tower chassis, Thermaltake is daring to be different by placing the power supply mount at the bottom. The case is suitable for all ATX or ITX motherboards along with three 5.25-inch and one 3.5-inch bays accessible from the front, and four additional 3.5-inch and one 2.5-inch bays accessible from the inside.
    so maybe you should be more upset about tom's hardware ninja editing posts so they don't seem so bad
    Last edited by bals; 2011-10-07 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    I think it is actually. Most of the "good" cases come like that now... but if you just look at random no-name ones, they're usually top mounted.
    Just checked 5 random ones on newegg, 5 different brands I've never heard of and they were all top-mounted.
    Huh. I had no idea. I guess all I've ever bought was ones that were bottom-mounted, and the exact spatial placement of the PSU was never really something I specifically looked at when case browsing.

Deleted
    I think the new feature was supposed to mention was the HDD docking station on the top of the case. Which is pretty daring considering there are already cases that supersede this with SSD docking.

LOL - what a massive fail

There is definitely nothing new about this case

What is wrong with that case?
    Warm air always go up. In normal cases with PSU at top, all GPU's and CPU are heating PSU as well. Having PSU on bottom of the case PSU is not heated by other stuff anymore and fans on top of the case additionally suck out warm air out of the case and more cold air from front of the case is sucked in to cool stuff inside.
    I would make totally new design: PSU on bottom, CPU right above PSU and more to the front side of the case and GPU's at the top of the case. Or even better, make external case for GPU's with extra fans.

Rodney Reynolds or gtfo, IMO.

;D

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Yeah, that wasn't there originally, I copied the paragraph in its entirety.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    What is wrong with that case?
    Warm air always go up. In normal cases with PSU at top, all GPU's and CPU are heating PSU as well. Having PSU on bottom of the case PSU is not heated by other stuff anymore and fans on top of the case additionally suck out warm air out of the case and more cold air from front of the case is sucked in to cool stuff inside.
    I would make totally new design: PSU on bottom, CPU right above PSU and more to the front side of the case and GPU's at the top of the case. Or even better, make external case for GPU's with extra fans.
    nothing is wrong with the case, but nothing is revolutionarily innovative either, it's all been done before, so it's hardly newsworthy, specially given the hype they're trying to push on it

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Did they just edit that in?
    They sure did.

Original article made it seem like this was the first case to ever move the PSU bracket to the bottom.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Thermaltake hasn't be revolutionary in years...

Hey guys, check out this new floppy drive I got in my computer! It's rocking 1.4 mb of storage. So innovative!

Did they just edit that in?
    They definitely did. I left a comment in comment section there that was akin to my post here; lots of others were saying similar things. It appears they read their comments.

I laughed when I saw the edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm so old that when I was studying to be a programmer, we used 8" floppys and I'm not kidding, those things were huge.
    I'm from the 5 1/4 floppy generation.

Mod Edit: Locking this thread. Editing it into this post, as to not bump the thread. Tom's Hardware is a "brand", so this would fall under brand bashing. If you want to point out that Tom's Hardware is irrelevant, then do so in a thread where someone is using them as evidence. There's no reason to create a thread just to bash on them. - Cilraaz
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-10-07 at 06:43 PM.