What if tier helmet/shoulder tokens unlocked for VP after clearing the raid?

This would only apply to the outdated tiers like 11 and soon to be 12.

I just have to laugh (get mad) every time I see someone try to tell someone else they didn't EARN a token because it never dropped after a dozen runs or they lost every roll, whereas someone else who was lucky enough to see their drop and win it on their very first clear apparently 'earned' it more.

it would be nice yes, how ever they wont add tier shoulders helms into the vendors, theyve said it a hundred times,

But to make up for it this patch I believe we have BoP shoulder and head vp items that are none tier...
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno about T12, but T11 already will be so outdated that I only see one issue with adding shoulders and head to the vendor: what would be the reason to even run the raids that drop them then? After that, you'll have to ask yourself: why not add tiers 1 to 8 to the vendors too, since tier 11 will mostly only be used for transmogrification purposes?

I wouldn't mind at all if they added head and shoulders (no, not the shampoo) to justice vendors. But I can perfectly see why they'd refuse to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    it would be nice yes, how ever they wont add tier shoulders helms into the vendors, theyve said it a hundred times,

But to make up for it this patch I believe we have BoP shoulder and head vp items that are none tier...
    What they say is, as the ToS are widely known to say, subject to change. "Won't" has no meaning when hundreds of millions of dollars are being lost due to these kinds of decisions.

This isn't going to be a problem in 4.3 since T13 won't be available for VP purchase. In fact, I think this was Blizzard's way around having to deal with people asking for helm/shoulder tokens being available for purchase even after you've cleared content.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    What they say is, as the ToS are widely known to say, subject to change. "Won't" has no meaning when hundreds of millions of dollars are being lost due to these kinds of decisions.
    You do realize that your claim of "hundreds of millions of dollars are being lost" is complete crap right? It has nothing to do with this. People aren't leaving wow b/c of things that have been the same since the beginning, they are leaving b/c of the lack of new exciting content, which vp tier shoulders/helm would not qualify under.

Your statement is as silly as myself claiming blizzard lost billionz of dollars b/c flight paths take too long. Just silly.

OT: Blizz won't do it, and there is no reason for it to happen.

They wont do this because they want you to grind (blizzard)

If you get every item you want quickly there will be no reason for you to play and you will quit. So they dangle the carrot so you keep paying.

Why is this concept hard to understand? Why would they give up money?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I could see T11 making it to the vendor but not T12. Getting 378 gear set from the new Heroics + easy mode Firelands there will be no point to go back to BoT/BWD.

I don't see this change ever going into effect, but I'm not opposed to it. As long as its for past tiers, and not current; what does it really matter?

I think the new LFR is intended to make getting gear for new players/alts less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

They're adding a lot more off-set pieces to VP in 4.3.

Quote from Blizzard:

"As you acquire Valor you'll want to spend it, and vendors will be offering a wide range of items to equip you to take on the Dragon Soul raid encounters, including cloaks, rings, ranged weapons, necklaces, trinkets, chest pieces, helms, gloves, bracers, boots, and belts, all of which are ilvl 397."

10+ Year Old Account
    What if you just play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dambala View Post
    They wont do this because they want you to grind (blizzard)

If you get every item you want quickly there will be no reason for you to play and you will quit. So they dangle the carrot so you keep paying.

Why is this concept hard to understand? Why would they give up money?
    While this is true, the opposite is also true.
    From a business standpoint, I should think that the ideal situation for Blizzard would be:

1. Keep player interested enough to continue his subscription.
    2. Keep him logging in and actually using resources (servers, etc) as little as possible.

I'm not saying that's what they're doing, at all, but wouldn't that be the most profitable scenario? Keeping players' accounts active, but having them using the resources at a minimum?

Personally, I prefer them to switch it every tier. Something like

Tier X - Helm and shoulders are not available.

Tier Y - Wrist and bracers are not available.

Tier Z - Boots and belts are not available.

We are not getting a full tier but at least we can some kind of upgrade. I raid lightly and are is progressing through FL and I am still wearing a 346 helm and shoulders because it has not dropped for me. While most of the other pieces have been upgraded several times. It gets kind of frustrating.