Beth'tilac 10H dps assignments

Hey there,

We have spent an hour or so trying to down heroic Beth'tilac (currently 5/7 Heroic on farm status), and it has been a bit too chaotic for us. Due to our Hpally's work schedule we can only attempt her once a week (at least for this month), as we don't feel really comfortable trying it out with 2 healers - to be honest, having seen the complete chaotic mess it was on the ground, I cannot see myself solohealing that part, people were taking shitloads of damage...myself (Rdruid) and the Rshaman were pulling a combined 38-40k HPS and we still couldn't outweigh the damage taken.

So my questions are: how should we assign DPS to minimize damage taken? Is it adviceable to go with 2 healers, despite our current chaotic attempts?

Our setup is as follows:

Bear (goes up)
    Prot war

Hpally (goes up)
    Rshaman
    Rdruid

MM hunter
    Demo lock (goes up the 1st time)
    Frost DK
    Arcane Mage (goes up)
    Spriest

We also have: feral cat (incredibly high dps), ret paladin, another mage, another hunter.

Our current "strat" involves the MM hunter dealing with adds, both spiderlings and broodlings. However, he's taking a fucking shitload of damage, essentially forcing our Rshaman to stay focused on him like 90% of the time. He (the hunter) is the GM (although not the RL, that'd be me), and he's rather cocky whenever I suggest a change of spec. I suggested him the following spec for his task: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary (the off spec with surv. talents, changing 2 improved serpent sting to 2 hunter vs wild - this char is my alt Hunter, have tried this setup on norm Beth and I can solo the spiders with 0 issues), and he basically told me to fuck off and have the Demo lock + Frost DK deal with the adds, while he would solo the drones. We have the arcane mage (or feral cat) and demo lock go upstairs (warllock onlythe first time), while hunter deals with small adds, spriest kills drone and the dk kills spinners and helps with drone.

Thankfully though, our beloved GM will be gone for a week, so I can pretty much count on our other MM hunter to use the aforementioned spec. Would it be a good idea to do so, or should we do what the GM said and have the lock+dk deal with adds?

I know it's a long post, so I thank you for having read this far.

Edit: note to self, activate glyphs for my alt's offspec. Fail.
    Last edited by Klive; 2011-10-07 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted
    Just have the Resto Shaman focus on keeping the Hunter alive - the soaker actually takes nearly as much damage as the tanks on this fight, so it's critical to have someone focus on him constantly. The 'Lings are a little dodgy, so it's good to have your Shaman stand between the raid and your hunter in case one gets past him. Rest of the damage is easily healed alone by a Resto Druid - the Shammy can toss a HR down for the AoE phases for some nice offhealing.
    Last edited by mmoced9c7f72b6; 2011-10-07 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    To begin with kick your GM in the balls and tell him to fuck off out of the raid if he's not willing to change to help.
    Hunters are THE BEST class to solo these adds including broodlings, i'm doing it every week completely solo so the rest can focus on dpsing.

Occasionally one will get past or walk right through me and the warlock will help out on it.

We also 2-heal it with ease, we lacked a healer last week and had a very low geared (below ZA/ZG gear-level with the occasional 359 and blues) holy pala solo it upstairs and a resto druid solo it downstairs. If you taunt spinners down properly and have a hunter that's not mentally retarded do the spiderlings + broodlings, it's an easy kill.

On a side-note, we have 2 people up top for all three top-phases, as it's simply not needed to have more downstairs if people are playing properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    We just downed this the other night. We had our H pally, Blood Dk, and a dps go up every time. For the Broodlings and Spiderlings we had MM Hunter(myself) solo spiderlings, with a ring of frost thrown down when our mages could and a Resto druid popping Broodlings and I was backup for them, he was healing himself and popping travel form to get out of puddles quickly if he had to. It went really smooth this way. The attempt we switched to this we got her down. I used this spec for spiderlings http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Olaan/advanced
    Tanks:
    Warrior
    DK (up top)

Healing
    Resto Druid (broodlings)
    H Pally (up top)
    Disc Priest

Dps
    MM hunter (spiderlings)
    2 mages
    warrior
    ret pally (up top)
    Last edited by Sylayia; 2011-10-07 at 08:35 AM.
    Thanks to Eis for the awesome sig.
    (Main)
    Kyllaa Syliria Compactdisc

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi. I wonder whats up with people having their hunter take care of Broodlings+Spiderlings. It's just make it more chaotic and more dangerous.

What we do is that we have 1 healer downstairs healing raid. 1 healer upstairs healing the tank+dps. 1 Healer(myself resto shaman) soaking broodlings.

All I have to do is pop stoneclaw on cd and run into them and heal myself. I just heal myself. Only part that is slightly dangerous is when she sprays after devestating explosion.

We usully enter phase 2 with all 3 healers at full mana.

We used to have hunter take care of broodlings+spiderlings but it didn't really work. Broodlings got to close to midle.

Just gonna recommend it, works great for us.

We had out holy pally stay down and beacon me (arcane mage) taking the broodlings with a shammy on the raid. Had some help with spiderling AoE but went fine compared to our earlier tries.

Make sure you have the raid stacking up so the broodlings dont spread every way, helps with AoE healing too.

Use a prismatic elxir on the broodling person :P

Try having a bottom healer eat the broodlings, we 3 heal and have our rdruid eat all the broodlings, while the other two healers just normal 2 heal the fight and the rdruid heals himself. It will free up your hunters movement for more damage on the spiderlings, instead of running around everywhere.

This strat worked really well for us on our first attempts we noticed our spiderling dps was falling behind a lot cuz he had to do 2 things. At first we had the rdruid as second line defense if it got past or our hunter was too low to take another hit. After a few trys we found the rdruid could just solo it and we downed beth like 3 attempts latter

note: all of this was post nerf, I bet this strat prenerf was suicide lol

Deleted
    Had him on farm many weeks now even prenerf. We have a mm hunter on spiderlings + broodlings with the recommended talent above tho 2 inn rapid killing , when a broodling comes close he do raptor strike to take 20% less damage, (with glyph) aswell i (Holy paladin) have beacon on him while hes out running, im also on duty to take down the spinners from the roof.

Setup:

Feral tank (up)
    paladin tank

combat Rogue (up)
    frost Dk(up first time)
    Arcane Mage
    shadow priest
    Marksman hunter (spiderling + broodling)

Holy Paladin
    Resto Shaman (up)
    resto Druid (back up for the broodling those broodling that hunter miss)

We go with 3 healers but can sure make it with 2 but we dont want to take any risk becuse we have the dps for it anyway.
    hope it was of use

/Regards Zyro Shattered Hand

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    We divide the room into 3 "lanes", essentially each with their own fake tank in them. We have a boomkin in one, a hunter in another, and a dk in the other. As long as those 3 people communicate when they need big heals we get through it fine. This is our strategy for 25m but it worked pre-nerf, so it works well just you would just have to shrink down to two lanes possibly.

Rogues should always go up the first time, and always have your mages go up. If they know the mirror image trick they can get a sizeable amount of dps on the boss. gl~

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

The guy soaking the broodlings (usually the MM hunter) is going to take the most amount of damage by a wide margin downstairs. The healer will spend the vast majority of his time healing that one person. This was the main reason why this fight was three-healed before the nerf. The drone doesn't hit that hard.

Your GM is a retard, by the way.

Thanks everyone for the quick answers. I think we're going to have the Rshaman spec into insta-cast Wolf and have him deal with the Broodlings, as was suggested. It's either that or I do it myself, but I'd rather take advantage of Druid's high throughput when raid healing (as well as raid leading, running around doesn't really help in that respect ._.). Hopefully we'll down her on Sunday :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    Hey there,

We have spent an hour or so trying to down heroic Beth'tilac (currently 5/7 Heroic on farm status), and it has been a bit too chaotic for us. Due to our Hpally's work schedule we can only attempt her once a week (at least for this month), as we don't feel really comfortable trying it out with 2 healers - to be honest, having seen the complete chaotic mess it was on the ground, I cannot see myself solohealing that part, people were taking shitloads of damage...myself (Rdruid) and the Rshaman were pulling a combined 38-40k HPS and we still couldn't outweigh the damage taken.

So my questions are: how should we assign DPS to minimize damage taken? Is it adviceable to go with 2 healers, despite our current chaotic attempts?

Our setup is as follows:

Bear (goes up)
    Prot war

Hpally (goes up)
    Rshaman
    Rdruid

MM hunter
    Demo lock (goes up the 1st time)
    Frost DK
    Arcane Mage (goes up)
    Spriest

We also have: feral cat (incredibly high dps), ret paladin, another mage, another hunter.

Our current "strat" involves the MM hunter dealing with adds, both spiderlings and broodlings. However, he's taking a fucking shitload of damage, essentially forcing our Rshaman to stay focused on him like 90% of the time. He (the hunter) is the GM (although not the RL, that'd be me), and he's rather cocky whenever I suggest a change of spec. I suggested him the following spec for his task: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary (the off spec with surv. talents, changing 2 improved serpent sting to 2 hunter vs wild - this char is my alt Hunter, have tried this setup on norm Beth and I can solo the spiders with 0 issues), and he basically told me to fuck off and have the Demo lock + Frost DK deal with the adds, while he would solo the drones. We have the arcane mage (or feral cat) and demo lock go upstairs (warllock onlythe first time), while hunter deals with small adds, spriest kills drone and the dk kills spinners and helps with drone.

Thankfully though, our beloved GM will be gone for a week, so I can pretty much count on our other MM hunter to use the aforementioned spec. Would it be a good idea to do so, or should we do what the GM said and have the lock+dk deal with adds?

I know it's a long post, so I thank you for having read this far.

Edit: note to self, activate glyphs for my alt's offspec. Fail.
    1: Let the hunter solo it. It -can- be done with regular MM spec that has rapid killing, but it is less forgiving. If specced into multishot slow + entrapment any hunter raiding hardmodes should have no issue doing it. 1 or 2 broodlings are bound to come through, but that's allright as long as no one stays in the goo. I don't know how it makes sense to your GM to use 2 dps even though 1 can do it easily.
    2: We always send up 2 people (melee, since they suck bot) or p3 will be rough. For the first time going up a third player will go as well since downstairs is a snorefest (I rapid fire the first 2 spiderling packs so I can assist on web/drone).
    3: I can't tell if you can 2h it, we really seem to need 3. Imo, have the paladin down with the beacon on your tank and healing the hunter leaving your resto druid on the raid. Rsham can take top easily.
    4: I just realised I did it y'day without swapping glyphs in my kitespec to MM.

For my groups kill, we had like 2 or 3 people on spiderlings / broodlings if I remember correctly. I went upstairs every time and solo'd the jesus christ out of Beth'tilac, got her to about 75%. We had no issues with Drones either. Your GM sounds like a prick though, Link him this thread, and edit your main post.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st