Thread: Warrior pvp.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warrior pvp.

Hello, im having a problem dealing dammage on my warrior: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n%C3%A1/simple
    In arenas, I can do a nice AOE dmg with reckstorm but thats kinda it, and in 2v2, im having problems dealing enough dmg to kill anything..
    and if I do duels or even in bg's going 1v1 (which rarely happens, since it's bg's) I am doing such a low dammage!!..
    Ow, btw this is not meant to be a QQ thread, Im just thinking that I might be doing something wrong here.

Could anyone please help me improve a bit?
    Because if this continues, im eitherway going to quit the game, or lvl something else, since this is really fustrating for me (

Deleted
    idk, i've no problem with my warr (full bg gear S9 weapon)
    im not an expert of warrior but i just charge -> rend -> CS -> MS -> Overpower (slam sometimes)
    if target go under 75% hp and u have 80+ rage u should do some heavy dmg, i've talented slam in arms so double harmstring + trinket str -> CS -> slam X2 is like 30k dmg (non crit) + OP and HS so another 25-30k (non crit), then u have throwdown or pummel.
    Also i've noticed if u want 2-3 sec after OP proc (from rend), u should use OP -> HS -> OP again because of next rend proc.
    Just wait under 75% then put the real pressure, or go for 3v3 with dk and just tunnel for the healer every time.

But Enthus, whats youre dammage like? Because mine is fucking horrible atm, I am really struggeling killing people like I was used to do, at 4.1 (patch) I was used to be able to blow up ppl, but now... I can barely toutch them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enthus View Post
    lol sub 1k players giving advice.
    Yes im not 2400 pro e-peen, my experience is 1900 max 2k player, but my opinion is still valid

Edit and lol, u have 1500 in 2v2 and oh strange 2200 in 3v3 with no team mates earned 2-3 months ago, go away boosted hero
    Last edited by mmoc5ef7cfa017; 2011-10-07 at 08:59 AM.

And ow yea another question for thoose who might know it, hunters everyone say that they are in a bad spot too, but if you were a skilled pvp hunter back in wotlk, what is the difference from back then to now? and the dmg, how is it now as lvl 85 patch 4.2?

Well Bradley I like your advice, but I must say HOW!? can you crit 30k+? With my current gear, my highest crit with everything popped in a random bg is 28k with a Mortal strike...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytheus View Post
    Well Bradley I like your advice, but I must say HOW!? can you crit 30k+? With my current gear, my highest crit with everything popped in a random bg is 28k with a Mortal strike...
    30k with cs up and 2 slam, like 13k from every slam and 4-8k from CS
    Last edited by mmoc5ef7cfa017; 2011-10-07 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    Hello, im having a problem dealing dammage on my warrior: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n%C3%A1/simple
    In arenas, I can do a nice AOE dmg with reckstorm but thats kinda it, and in 2v2, im having problems dealing enough dmg to kill anything..
    and if I do duels or even in bg's going 1v1 (which rarely happens, since it's bg's) I am doing such a low dammage!!..
    Ow, btw this is not meant to be a QQ thread, Im just thinking that I might be doing something wrong here.

Could anyone please help me improve a bit?
    Because if this continues, im eitherway going to quit the game, or lvl something else, since this is really fustrating for me (

How about Enchant ur items and u are not hit capped........
    Character Audit: 1 empty glyph slot
    5 unenchanted items
    Last edited by mmoc03b6040c40; 2011-10-07 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    30k with cs up and 2 slam, like 13k from every slam and 4-8k from CS
    Ahh, okay I thought you meant 30k+ with a slam xD Sorry my bad..

But seriously I am just so fustrated i'm getting owned by quite a few classes and on top of that there are thoose low rated mages under 1k rating trying to flex how pro they are after they kited you for a decade!!! I would never reroll to a mage, but I am really considering going ret paladin, or hunter...

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 09:08 AM ----------

Yes I could enchant items, and such but that wouldnt make such a BIG improve.

Deleted
    Well use bladestorm as root breaker, but mege kill you often without dispeller
    if u have enought rage (in bg) go melee using mount, so u have kept your charge and leap

Edit
    Awesome how that PRO warrior boosted have edited then deleted his post immediately after he was discovered

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    idk, i've no problem with my warr (full bg gear S9 weapon)
    im not an expert of warrior but i just charge -> rend -> CS -> MS -> Overpower (slam sometimes)
    if target go under 75% hp and u have 80+ rage u should do some heavy dmg, i've talented slam in arms so double harmstring + trinket str -> CS -> slam X2 is like 30k dmg (non crit) + OP and HS so another 25-30k (non crit), then u have throwdown or pummel.
    Also i've noticed if u want 2-3 sec after OP proc (from rend), u should use OP -> HS -> OP again because of next rend proc.
    Just wait under 75% then put the real pressure, or go for 3v3 with dk and just tunnel for the healer every time.
    Please, ignore this. Don't ever use your charge as an opener, you should know that since they nerfed juggernaut. If you are at the target, use hamstring first, apply rend, colossus smash, mortal strike, hamstring, overpower.

Never do 2x slam, its a waste of rage and you'll be locking yourself out from either CS, MS, hamstring, overpower or whatever you want to do next.
    Also, get at least 5% hit, your armory shows at the moment 3,64% its game changing if one of your attacks will miss against a healer (specially hamstring to a druid or shaman).

Try to watch some video's from swifty or something on youtube or on warcraftmovies, they give some sweet tricks as well you can learn.

Quote Originally Posted by irongar View Post
    Please, ignore this. Don't ever use your charge as an opener, you should know that since they nerfed juggernaut. If you are at the target, use hamstring first, apply rend, colossus smash, mortal strike, hamstring, overpower.

Never do 2x slam, its a waste of rage and you'll be locking yourself out from either CS, MS, hamstring, overpower or whatever you want to do next.
    Also, get at least 5% hit, your armory shows at the moment 3,64% its game changing if one of your attacks will miss against a healer (specially hamstring to a druid or shaman).

Try to watch some video's from swifty or something on youtube or on warcraftmovies, they give some sweet tricks as well you can learn.
    Swifty are not like the best warrior in the world, he gives some nice tricks upon how to do this and that, but thats also it in my oppinion ^^ maybe he is just to e-peen.. but i've allways used charge as an oppener :/

Deleted
    Yes I could enchant items, and such but that wouldnt make such a BIG improve.

Lol..and hit capped isn´t important too ?? U must have 5% hit, u have 3,60%....shame on u
    Last edited by mmoc03b6040c40; 2011-10-07 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Lol..and hit capped isn´t important too ?? shame on u
    never mentioned the hit cap, I actually thought I was lol :/ yes shame on me! thats quite a fail.

Deleted
    I've spec into slam to try it, and i like it, more dmg then HS and LESS rage then HS, then when i start 1 fight i've like 20 rage and im fuc***g lazy need to charge :P

Swifty are not like the best warrior in the world, he gives some nice tricks upon how to do this and that, but thats also it in my oppinion ^^ maybe he is just to e-peen.. but i've allways used charge as an oppener :/
    yea not saying at all that he is the best, but it is a guy who plays a warrior for years and always find some tricks that can help people out. There are tons of videos on warcraftmovies.com from warriors as well.

As for the charge, there is not really a benefit to use charge as an opener, the stun is too good to use it. Try some bg's and wait with charge for a few seconds after your hamstring>rend>colossus smash>hamstring>mortal strike>overpower and then charge.

Not saying you should do it always, it depends on your opponent, but vs mages, hunters, warlocks, other warriors you shoulnd't use it at all. Wait till they use their movement ability (blink/disengage/teleport) then use charge, it has a way bigger profit.

Deleted
    Like most above me already said, you really need to get your gear sorted first. Not hit capped and only 11 expertise? I think you should just read up on warrior pvp, that should help you out a lot. Some movie guides would help indeed, but I recommend not to look at Swifty. He might be better then you, but some of his tips how to handle stuff are just rediculous. A few things:

- get hit capped
    - get atleast 20 expertise, you don't want throwndown or CS to get dodged/parried
    - get your 6 enchants (I take it you are still farming honor for the enchants/crystals?)
    - get improved slam, you want to do a lot of damage then slam is the ability for you (especially for 2v2 if you play healer/warrior)
    - your boot gem is wrong (20 str/res instead of your 20 str/crit)

Deleted
    But Enthus, whats youre dammage like? Because mine is fucking horrible atm, I am really struggeling killing people like I was used to do, at 4.1 (patch) I was used to be able to blow up ppl, but now... I can barely toutch them.
    Warrior damage is probably the lowest of all melee right now. Don't worry about it. Most classes can do 30k+ crits and have 25%+ crit rates, on warrior it's hard to break 20k crit on a 4k+ resilience target, and BIS PVP warriors have <10% crit chance.

Just wait till they fix it, if they do. In the meantime, reforge your PVP gear to expertise (really) so you get above 20 at least, make sure you're at 5% hit, then focus on strength. Remember haste is a totally wasted stat so always reforge it away.

Allright thanks im going to do that I've been making some huge mistakes then really huges! going after lots of crit, which apparently isn't the best ^^ so thanks alot! when ill get home again, im going to try it, and would slam specc be better than the "normal" specc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redexx View Post
    Warrior damage is probably the lowest of all melee right now. Don't worry about it. Most classes can do 30k+ crits and have 25%+ crit rates, on warrior it's hard to break 20k crit on a 4k+ resilience target, and BIS PVP warriors have <10% crit chance.

Just wait till they fix it, if they do. In the meantime, reforge your PVP gear to expertise (really) so you get above 20 at least, make sure you're at 5% hit, then focus on strength. Remember haste is a totally wasted stat so always reforge it away.
    Its alright in bgs really, only in arena that its a problem. Im 3 ruthless (2 tier and res use trinket) with full honor gear and i love playing my warrior, even with mostly higher geared players its still fun. Warriors may have an actual 5-7% crit chance but youre forgetting all the talents they get, and juggernaught boosting mortal strike. The burst tbh if youre left to actually attack the target (say you get them in a throwdown or something) is pretty good with either reck (only for reckstorm or on healers id say, 20% extra damage taken isnt fun)or deadly calm, deadly calm + use trinket = spam heroic strike with your normal rotation (if youre using slam spec), if you use it within a colossus smash as well you can unload some decent damage.
    The guy i quoted has it nailed though, expertise is a REALLY big help.