Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Love it :-)

Sounds like a GREAT way to do it. Looking forward to a way for DPS plates to stop rolling on Tanking plates and Healing Cloths to be rolled on by Healing Clothies.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    LoL, the way they described it was that the specific spec always wins. If tank A and B roll 7 and 12, they always get +100 added to that. They made it seem like it wasn't a /random 200 roll but a /roll with 100 added on which means no matter what they couldn't be beat. I am hoping he just described it wonky and bonus rolls are just getting a /random 200 roll
    That's the point. Whenever a main spec tank rolls need on a tanking-flagged item, he's guaranteed to win it.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

15+ Year Old Account
    That actually sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    I wonder why not make a MS need button and a OS need button and make them available to the respective specs instead of this.. wouldn't a +100 be a guaranteed win? MS can roll 1 and OS roll 100, and MS will still win with 101. so there's not much point in that
    Because if its well enforced its harder to implement and if its loosely enforced (as in the buttons are there and you can still click whatever you want) there will still be douches.

So either harder to implement or solves nothing, this solution is better in the way that is simpler and it does solve the problem to a high degree (not saying 100% because a tank can still roll need for a tanking item they already have and maybe giving it to a friend that is in the raid)

I wonder if +spi items will be considered MS by this system for both healers and shadowpriests/boomkin/ele shamans?

I wonder why not make a MS need button and a OS need button and make them available to the respective specs instead of this.. wouldn't a +100 be a guaranteed win? MS can roll 1 and OS roll 100, and MS will still win with 101. so there's not much point in that
    Thats the whole point, the person rolling for off spec shouldn't get the item over the main spec roll. In a normal raid main spec beats off spec so why shouldn't it here?

You gotta shake the LFG mentality, this is meant to be a beginners raid same rules apply as a normal raid just easier.

I wonder why not make a MS need button and a OS need button
    Thats basically what this is, there just making sure MS gets priority by adding a internal mechanic. If theres no MS rolls the OS people still get a chance, the same way its done with other loot rules in a normal raid.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2011-10-07 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    this is awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    So what prevents having all fury, cats, retris and frostDKs to select tanking role just before the pull and have +100 on that last item they want from that specific boss?
    I would assume that you are unable to change your role like in the dungeon finder

10+ Year Old Account
    So what prevents having all fury, cats, retris and frostDKs to select tanking role just before the pull and have +100 on that last item they want from that specific boss?
    The raid finder system will work the same way raids do from what I understand you will have a raid leader and that raid leader can throw out assists, now presumably you can only change rolls if you are RL or have assist, making the problem an almost none issue, but then you also have to consider that for a ret pally to change his roll to tank before pull to allow him to roll on tank items, he will be forfeiting rolling on any dps item that drops, as well as isn't even guaranteed to see the tank item he wants or win it, and unless on the last boss I can see that being a very good reason to vote to kick someone.

Because if they do that, they'll lose the shot at their DPS item drops.

IF, and I say IF this hits dungeons other than the most current... I truly hope that all the people that are "for" this, are also "for" tanks "gearing up" on "your" dungeon time. This will cut into the number of pre-geared (meaning, "not queueing as a tank until I have gear, or the dungeon finder crowd will eat me") tanks, and even healers in the dungeon finder, I just hope you all realize that. Tanking was the hardest way to learn before, now it's even harder, since there is less drop-gear bleedover from lucky rolls won while DPSing. I can certainly live with this change, but I hope all the people dancing in the streets realize the implications of having the dungeon finder's NBG recognize role. In short, your queue times just went up.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2011-10-07 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this will be a good thing. Glad to see them at least trying
    -
    Standing in fire since December 2004.

Because that way it's exploitable.

inb4 people inevitably complain

I think it's a cool system
    Stay gold ponyboy, stay gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    I wonder if +spi items will be considered MS by this system for both healers and shadowpriests/boomkin/ele shamans?
    Please keep in mind that, at least for now, this system will only look at class role, and not player spec.
    I expect the system not to be perfect from the get go, but in time it will get fleshed out and it will consider specs aswell.

This is fine but is that rule still in that says you can only get 1 shot at loot per boss a week (meaning even if nothing for you even dropped you cant get loot again for the week)?

10+ Year Old Account
    its a step in the right direction but i think it needs some tweaking. as stated by others the +100 is kind of shitty. example: let's say a 1h mace with spirit, spellpower and haste drops. this is primarily a healer item, however some classes - looking at you shaman and spriests - are flagged as dps and this is an obvious choice for them as well. if the item is flagged as a healer drop exclusively, and the healer say rolls a 2, but the spriest and shaman roll say a 98 and 85 respectively, the healer will win with the +100 despite being outrolled by 2 classes that can utilize the same item. imo the solution is not to add +100 to the /roll, but rather a number slightly lower, say +50. by adding a +100 to the roll, a healer could in theory roll a 1, and the shaman or spriest in my example could both roll 100, and the healer would win because of the modifier on the roll. in another example, let's say that like in firelands, there is a low quantity of spirit cloth gear. as a result a wrist drops with haste and mastery and int. before the removal of healing power and homogenization with spell power, this would be a clear as day dps item. in todays wow, this item is both a healer AND dps caster item. how is this item flagged? if it is flagged as a healer item, the dps will lose every time, again due to the modifier on the roll. while this system is an improvement over the standard need over greed system in place on live realms right now, just like in life, some one is going to end up getting the short end of the stick.

Deleted
    Blizzard could've done this better, i.e. making need roll only available for the specific role, and greed roll for "offspec rolls" only available for players that wear the same armor type (obviously banning DKs and Warriors from rolling greed on healing plate etc.). Blizzard has gone too far with expanding the rolling from 1-100!