Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If it's your first time drinking then whatever you do, don't be a maniac and drink it down quickly. your first time will NOT end pleasantly if that's the case as you will only end up being sick. apart from that just drink slowly and steadily until you can just about walk.

Deleted
    take it from an irish man, when your nose goes numb... ..your tipsy, when you slur your words... ... your drunk and when you wake up with the bartender next
    to you in the morning with a huge ass bill, your fucked....

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know I'm drunk when my teeth start to tingle. >_>
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

When your skin tingles slightly, everything seems to blur a little, and you giggle a bit too much...

You're drunk.

People here have said the right thing. Take it easy and slow. You have zero tolerance to alcohol so you'll get buzzed fast. At that point; take it really slow.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

If you just have a buzz, like if you've only had a glass or two (depending on your weight and build) you'll feel:

-happy
    -warm
    -tingly in the limbs
    -a bit light headed (but not unpleasantly so).

When you get this lovely buzz going it's a good time to slow down your drinking or even quit for the night.

After a few too many you:
    -get louder
    -make bad jokes
    -possibly even get emotional
    -slur your speech
    -lose some motor co-ordination
    -lose your inhibitions and become fearless and can't judge your limitations.

That's when you become the party crasher. In short - a nuisance.

If you've had WAY too many you can:
    -black out and lose big chunks of your memory
    -pass out cold
    -vomit (ew)
    -some people have even been known to wet themselves
    -overdose
    -and even die

The best part about drinking alcohol is just that early buzz that happens during the first two drinks or so. The temptation is to "keep chasing it" but you really can't. It's a chemical response that's happening in your body with only that amount of liquor. It lasts an hour or so and then either fades away, or becomes a nuisance if you keep slamming them back.

Once your happy little buzz wears off, if you've still got time, you can always enjoy the experience all over again by having a couple more LOL!

Just don't chase the buzz with continuous drinking over the night, you just get drunk and become less aware of the pleasant feeling - and you lose control in the process.
    Last edited by Maleagant; 2011-10-07 at 06:03 PM.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

You'll be really easy on the talking (easier if you weren't already) and you will be loud. You probably won't realize you're drunk until you're completely wasted or did something you normally wouldn't.

By the next day you will know exactly what being drunk is like, unless you've got yourself so pissed that you had a blackout and then you'll know by your friends telling you about all the fucked up things you did that night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be careful. People DO die from drinking too much.

Take it slow. If after a few drinks you don't feel drunk, wait an hour or so. Otherwise you'll keep drinking, it'll hit you and before you know it you're rolling around on the floor telling people you love them.

You can tell when you're drunk because usually you'll chat shit to people.

If you don't pace yourself, you'll regret it in the morning

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArminVanFury View Post
    This is what somebody who has never gotten drunk will say. If you forget anything you probably drank lethal amounts, which nobody ever does at an occasional social event...
    That's so wrong, and Tiili is right (compared to your statement...). I know people who can get insanely drunk and remember every detail, however, i can get to the point of feeling all fuzzy and forget shit from the night before, so you're kinda wrong IMO. Plus I doubt there is a "right and a wrong" about when you know you're drunk, just enjoy the drinks and the fuzzy, warm feeling will follow (and the spinning world too.... hah).

Oh yeah, one last thing, my (not so wise) mate once said "You know you're drunk when you're lying on the ground and feel like you have to hold on for fear of falling from the earth (that horrid dizzy feeling he was referring to btw)" haha

Deleted

This is what somebody who has never gotten drunk will say. If you forget anything you probably drank lethal amounts, which nobody ever does at an occasional social event...
    I didn't drink that much at social events, I drank to get rid of anxiety which resulted in drinking big amounts before I got medicine against anxiety instead. Resulted in quite a lot of moments where I didn't remember anything from the day I drank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post
    Just be careful. People DO die from drinking too much.
    Yeah, I agree with this ^^

whatever you do... DO NOT have a shot of Vodka for each time Murtough says "RIGGS!" in Lethal Weapon 1, 2 3 or 4... you WILL die

Quote Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post
    If you just have a buzz, like if you've only had a glass or two (depending on your weight and build) you'll feel:

-happy
    -warm
    -tingly in the limbs
    -a bit light headed (but not unpleasantly so).

When you get this lovely buzz going it's a good time to slow down your drinking or even quit for the night.
    Well I think I've been there once or twice, so I'll head for that again.
    Also been flirting with a girl from my class in a while, and she said she wanted to drink with me, so might be stupid to get too much

Drink at your own pace, hangover sucks ass :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xphilip View Post
    Well I think I've been there once or twice, so I'll head for that again.
    Also been flirting with a girl from my class in a while, and she said she wanted to drink with me, so might be stupid to get too much
    The more you drink, the longer you'll last in the sack... haha.

I personally don't realize I'm "drunk" until I'm REALLY drunk. I go from "i feel good" to a couple hours later "sdnasod asod a"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erudus View Post
    Unless you get brewers droop.

Deleted
    Unless you drink too much and can't even get a booner !.. I tried that, but i had smoked too, so was kinda bashed :P.

Unless you drink too much............

When people say like in the movies "what happened last night..." after a night of drinking this is a major exaggeration... you will rarely forget anything and remember if you sober up a small bit before you sleep you won't have a hangover in the morning. Have fun.

If you forget anything you probably drank lethal amounts, which nobody ever does at an occasional social event...
    Ehm. I've been too drunk on several occasions to remember anything of the night before. I've been reminded, though, and that is the worst part. Never, ever give your mates the opportunity to make fun of how drunk and out of it you were the night before.

And I can assure you, I did not drink "lethal amounts", but I did try to drown myself on one occasion (because I was drunk and thought swimming in 4 'C water was a bright idea).

TL;DR: the best thing you can do is to learn your limits a bit at a time and stop when you feel like you're not in control.