Thread: Rage

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    was on my 2010 and 2011 list... then closer it came to release the more and more it looked like crap. so i totally skipped it.

Its cool and all but im glad i didnt buy it, just like space marine and many other good single player games not worth 60 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Steam doesn't have it and I cba to order from amazon and wait for the physical box. :P
    wat? http://store.steampowered.com/app/9200/

took me 6 hours to complete the game all races all quests, the game was 2 short for my liking for a game thats 21gig big itws pretty shit for what there pushing i think it was a waste
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

The game is too short for its ~ 20 gb , when i saw the size i said to myself i hit the jackpot , but jokes on me . It is supposed to be that big due to it's customizable graphics and it's engine . ( spoiler ) The ending is very very disappointing , i saved all my big boy ammunition only to find out all i have to fight is .... trash .

Oops, sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

The game is also not among the Top Sellers, Coming Soon or anyother section, which leads me to believe no one bought it off steam because it's only that trailer, not the game itself.
    Dunno what you're problem is, but I don't see anyone complaining about that on the steam forums and I see it as the very first game listed on top sellers.

I find it quite disappointing, sadly.

I was hoping id's new game would be amazing, and while it has its good things, I just find it boring as fuck.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    Someone has already claimed that RAGE has been catered for "console children". That isn't called for. I prefer playing games on my console because I don't have to cash out on new hardware every few months to play new games at decent settings and it's more comfortable sitting on my sofa for long term gaming sessions.
    Don't get so angry, they're right after all. Majority of PC gamers are adults and the majority of console gamers are children. Just the way it is.

Also, you know consoles are just computers, right? You have to upgrade them eventually too, plus real computers can do EVERYTHING ever...

With the PC tweaks done, it looks and plays alright. It's certainly not the amazing game it should and could have been, but it's noticeably above average in the graphics and gameplay departments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    took me 6 hours to complete the game all races all quests, the game was 2 short for my liking for a game thats 21gig big itws pretty shit for what there pushing i think it was a waste
    Bullshit. It's not the longest game ever, but no way in hell could you complete everything in 6 hours.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

On easy maybe. But definatly not on Nightmare
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Oops, sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

The game is also not among the Top Sellers, Coming Soon or anyother section, which leads me to believe no one bought it off steam because it's only that trailer, not the game itself.
    This is simply due to pre-release loading, where if you buy the game prior to it's official release date. you get additional bonus content within the game ( which imo is another travestie ) but thats how they work. SO when you try to buy the game only a few hours prior to release, you are no longer elidgeable for the bonus content. the actual downloads are blocked on the server for a few hours. Then after the official release, the item is once again availeable for purchase and download.

Ofcourse without the bonus content, which they in turn put on a DLC list about a month later for about 9 euro's.

The upside to the steam release though is, since your actual account is global ( unlike game release dates, which are set regional ). You can log onto a VPN with a US ip, validate your gamefiles and decrypt them. Put steam in offline modus, and play the game 4 days prior to release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Bullshit. It's not the longest game ever, but no way in hell could you complete everything in 6 hours.

It took me 14 doing every mission, all job boards, and 100%-ing the races plus hitting all the bot jumps and doing numerous card games. I also got the achievement for beating the 5 Finger Filet side game.

I get agitated by the driving. Also, not being a cinematic experience, the transitions between action can be tedious and time consuming. Collecting stuff is cool, but if I'm going to be collecting items and looting "mobs", allow me to level up damnit. Either way, it's definitely a "pretty" game...

And I'm a 34 year old "console child". Thanks.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

I was honestly disappointed with Rage. It seemed so great and had a lot of potential and for me at least it just seemed to shit the bed towards the end like an old car. Towards the end and the ending honestly was just terrible ( trying to avoid spoilers). And I honestly think no putting in any multiplayer would've been better so they could focus on the main game.

Deleted
    I was thinking about getting this, But it seem to me they are just trying to show off their new engine - and the game is something they just cobbled together. Ill pick it up when its 5 quid on steam next year-

Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    I was thinking about getting this, But it seem to me they are just trying to show off their new engine - and the game is something they just cobbled together. Ill pick it up when its 5 quid on steam next year-
    I wouldn't say it's cobbled together. It's certainly not the best effort by id, but it's at least above the average junk that passes for a game currently. PC certainly had problems with the auto-balancer, and restrictive in-game video options, but they plan on releasing a patch to remedy that - and if you want to play it now, you can certainly use Google to find tweak guides to make it look good.

The texture streaming tech they've implemented is the biggest problem for PC users, especially ATI owners, but the engine seems quite promising at least.

And honestly, it does look good if you sort it out on PC. No, you shouldn't have to delve into the console just to get the game to render decent textures and I'm disappointed that any developer (let alone id) would have let that get to release. I'm enjoying the game so far. It's linear, but not to a fault, and the quests are at least interesting with a decent variety of enemies to fight (and decent combat mechanics). Vehicular combat is okay, and not forced on you so much that it becomes tedious and annoying.

I'm in serious doubt of the people claiming such short 100% playthroughs as 14 hours. No offense, but you could post a steamid link to prove that if you want to (6 hours 100% is just rubbish).
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Enjoy getting stuck on everything possible. Seriously annoying that you can get stuck behind invisible walls. You can be knocked through them, but can't get back out. You can get snagged on walls and be stuck until you re-load from last save. So much simple stuff just crapping all over the playability.

You know, the first hour or so is downright awesome. Then you get to Wellspring and the rest of it happens. I don't know what else to say. I love id Software's games but Rage doesn't feel like one of them by any means. The action isn't fluid and the racing/driving content feels like filler.

One man's opinion.
    You know that pandas eat bamboo, there. They love the bamboo. You get, eh, you get a panda? And you got a bamboo in your backyard? It'll ruin it. Right? You got bamboo furniture? Well, uh, well, pandas go nuts.

You can definitely buy this on steam, that's where I got my copy. And yea, game probably looks like it has some dated graphics....if your running it on a 486. My in-game graphics beg to differ. See for yourself.

See that's the thing at a distance it looks amazing, but when you get close up it looks like utter shit. You can tell from looking at the front of that car it looks extremely low res.

---------- Post added 2011-10-09 at 09:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crankchain View Post
    Enjoy getting stuck on everything possible. Seriously annoying that you can get stuck behind invisible walls. You can be knocked through them, but can't get back out. You can get snagged on walls and be stuck until you re-load from last save. So much simple stuff just crapping all over the playability.
    I've never once had that happen to me.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895