Google Redirect Virus.

Has anyone been able to successfully remove this virus from their computer?

I've been trying to get rid of this particular piece of shit for over six months. I am not sure if it caused it, but I've recently had my WoW account hacked... and I have an authenticator. I've got all of the virus removal tools in the sticky on this forum (as well as Kaspersky), and have them all updated, yet none of them picked up anything. I have tried to manually remove this virus, but nothing on the internet helps. So my question is, has anyone had any success in removing this from their computer?

You think I'd be stupid enough to not try what's on their support forum?

I recently got one and the only thing that worked for me was Combofix. One of my friends got one also and they asked a Blizzard representative on the phone and they also recommended Combofix.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the sounds of that, you have a Rootkit. One of the nasty viruses out there, can't really get picked up by Anti-virus softwares.

I know every time I get one of those on my computer (Had two in my life time, first time took FOREVER to get off.)

I just used something called TDSSKiller from Kaspersky. However, I'm not very big on computer, good luck on removing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad View Post
    Has anyone been able to successfully remove this virus from their computer?

I've been trying to get rid of this particular piece of shit for over six months. I am not sure if it caused it, but I've recently had my WoW account hacked... and I have an authenticator. I've got all of the virus removal tools in the sticky on this forum (as well as Kaspersky), and have them all updated, yet none of them picked up anything. I have tried to manually remove this virus, but nothing on the internet helps. So my question is, has anyone had any success in removing this from their computer?
    release and renew ip should fix this. its not a virus

*~*A true troll, doesn't even realize he is trolling until he sees me behind him with my troll hunting axe

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So you have been at this for six months but the thought to back up the computer and format / reinstall Windows never crossed your mind? In the worst case scenario where the keylogger thread doesn't fix the issue you always default to a format / reinstall of Windows when dealing with viruses.

Had google redirect for a LONG time. Finally got rid of it after asking an old tech buddy.

You'll want to run two programs, both free.

First run Malware Bytes, which is just a basic anti-malware program, though it fares a bit better than most.

Once it's done, run a program called ComboFix. Be warned that this is a very powerful program that could really mess up your windows if you dont pay attention to the instructions. It will take awhile and you'll have to reboot a couple times.

Take it from someone that had that stupid redirect crap for months and didnt want to reformat. This was the only thing that worked.

when we open any website from google search but that website is not opened and another website which is malware or any other type of suspicious web page is opened.This web page can be harmful to your computer and cause of data loss to preventing this problem use detail and software from www recoversdata com/softwares/google-redirect-virus-removal-tool/