Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    There's a new Command and Conquer game in works for a while with a brand new studio, it might get back epic once again with the base building and harvesting

Stronghold crusader may be hella old, but it is my favorite strategy game of all time, and it's medieval too! Rise of nations is right up there too, except that it is in a more modern setting. I really wish then do another sequel to Stronghold or Rise of nations.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gmike View Post
    Caesar 3 or Pharaoh
    Pharoah is leaps and bounds ahead of CaesarIII. But yeah, Pharoah and CaesarIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Frylord View Post
    I made an account just to reply to this thread.

Disregard previous recommendations, get Company of Heroes, play the best RTS to date (imo).
    Company of Heroes is a great game, another good strategy game is Sins of a solar empire but I dont think people play it anymore

This game might be hard to find but Lords of the Realm 2 is a freaking fantastic strategy game...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lords_of_the_Realm_II

Can people at least share their reason why those games are 'great', 'fun' or 'fantastic' or whatever? Jumping on a random thread to tell us A game is great serves nothing at all. I can get much more from digging into review site's archives, however shitty they might become today.

Company of Heroes is a great game, another good strategy game is Sins of a solar empire but I dont think people play it anymore
    Company of heroes is the first game Relic tried squad-based control, and it was a great success. Gameplay was fast, intense even though you had only a handful of squads to play with. Graphics was also top-notch for the time.

Sins of solar empire was unique the way it handled macromanagement: you could zoom out from planets to the whole galaxy consisting of several gigantic star systems smoothly while still be able to micro your fleets at the same time - or even individual ships if you wanted. The only downsize was that the game's pace was excruciatingly slow, a match can easily lasted for hours.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2011-10-14 at 03:13 AM.

Stronghold 3 coming out in a few weeks. Check that out.

Pharaoh is old but awesome
    Last edited by skatblast; 2011-10-14 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Stronghold 3 coming out in a few weeks. Check that out.
    So tempting... but at the price of 50 euros, especially considering how disappointed I was when I bought Stronghold 2.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Wont get any better or more epic then the Total War serie, best PC franshise out there. Medieval 2 and Rome is the best ones and there is tons off mods for both games, im running Stainless Steel and Third Age on Medieval 2 and Roma Surrectum 2 on Rome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Warhammer 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    So tempting... but at the price of 50 euros, especially considering how disappointed I was when I bought Stronghold 2.
    If you actually check out what the developer says about the game, even they were disappointed. They now said they're making a game trying to get the most out of the first Stronghold, and completely ignoring their fail attempt to make a 3-D engine as the one used on Stronghold 2. Meaning Stronghold 3 looks awesome, especially knowing that it will have nothing to do with Stronghold 2, and simply because it's Stronghold.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.