Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I think I have some indications that there are GMs that abuse the LFG system.

Disclaimer Note: I do not believe in the end that a GM watches you all the time or other tinfoils., but this is the reasoning that lead elsewhere.

I noticed that it is almost impossible to join the exact same group you just joined in 5man LFG, to not say impossible. But whenever I go into a more criticising mode, e.g. pointing out that a DK is needing dps items a warrior needed while he was tank or that they don't know what skull is and they first go to X, it's more likely to be punished for that. I have 2 theories, or rather 3:

1. There is a GM that felt abused because the truth was said and rigged the system to put you into a nasty situation.

2. Most likely: The system automatically sees who is being a target of failing kicking attempts and he is considered "low quality" and hence he is put into bad groups

3. Total luck.

However, what I tend to believe is that there is not total lack, neither a 'tinfoil' idea that a GM that watches (not even 2.). What I tend to believe is that there is an automatic system that gives you very good groups the first 1-3 times you join. If you play a lot you gradually enter "ebay" groups.

I think I have almost confirmed this 100% in PvP: The first 1 or 2 games I join of the day (no bonus conq yet), will be with very high ilevel players. IF I win one, it will be low level for then on.

I believe it's a very logical and fun thing to do, because most people want to get it over with. If you keep joining and joining then may you should be the one getting the 'ebayers'.

I don't even.... .... Rng. Is. Rng.

Really? There are thousands upon thousands of people playing, if you leave group or get kicked, unless you are a tank who is pretty much always at the top of the list, the odds of getting the same group are...I don't even know how high.

Deleted
    3. Total luck.
    this is what your indications point towards.. or moreso this..

Rng. Is. Rng.

The game has absolutely no idea of determining if the players in a group are 'ebay' players. And as the concept of a GM watching things and dicking around just to make people's experiences infuriating is absurd, the only thing that remains a plausible explanation is complete and total luck.

Getting back into the same group you just left is in fact not all that unlikely, considering the group you left is now at the very top of the queuing system, and if you're a tank or a healer, so are you.

I have noticed something similar on my tanks. I'm pretty good at tanking but, after about 2 or 3 runs, the quality of the groups I get keeps going down and down. It got so bad for me with the zuls that I just stopped playing my tanks since the PUGs got that awful.

I could have sworn that a blue basically stated that the system does try to match up lesser geared players with higher geared players...

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    I don't even.... .... Rng. Is. Rng.
    What he^ said! There is no conspiracy here!, just plain bad Rng luck on your part!

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    I could have sworn that a blue basically stated that the system does try to match up lesser geared players with higher geared players...
    It does, whenever possible. It's why if I ever queue up on my hunter on my own I often end up with a tank that has less HP than I do. :P Not that it means the run is doomed, with the way tanks work now, but I do know for sure that the only times I've ever gotten a very well-geared tank or healer is when the tank or healer in my group drops and we have somebody added to the group from the top of the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    Disclaimer Note: I do not believe in the end that a GM watches you all the time or other tinfoils., but this is the reasoning that lead elsewhere.
    Given the general time it takes for a GM to answer tickets, I highly doubt they have time to do anything else. And when they are not GM and play as normal, they have ordinary accounts like everyone else. I doubt these GM are doing their stuff in their own home and without supervision. Their powers in the game is too great not to be supervised.

The only conclusion I've reached about LFG is that I seem to get bunched with horrible, rude groups more often on weekends than I do during the week.

I'm sure that's just coincidence as well, but I've definitely noticed it several times.

Deleted
    I'm VERY confident that both in PvP and PvE random instancing the first groups you get may be better than the ones you are put with later on. This is NOT related to the time of day.

The time of day DOES have a standing but it is more general: All the players start being more mediocre very late at night - for the region. This is natural. But I saw the above in a middle of the day and around the hours, not specific. Simply, it is very easy to win a PvP bg the first 1 or 2 games and it is very easy to get a good group in the first 1 to 3 5mans you join. If you keep joining you will get worse groups, e.g. if you keep joining bgs after you won one, good luck.

edit: PS. This was NOT the case in WoTLK and BC (bgs). I notice this only when I rejoined for Cata the past few months.

edit: Also, I had left after the Anub'Arak raid, so I don't know if it was also the case on the end of Wrath.
    Last edited by mmoc5a44133bd1; 2011-10-09 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post

I noticed that it is almost impossible to join the exact same group you just joined in 5man LFG, to not say impossible. But whenever I go into a more criticising mode, e.g. pointing out that a DK is needing dps items a warrior needed while he was tank or that they don't know what skull is and they first go to X, it's more likely to be punished for that. I have 2 theories, or rather 3:

1. There is a GM that felt abused because the truth was said and rigged the system to put you into a nasty situation.

2. Most likely: The system automatically sees who is being a target of failing kicking attempts and he is considered "low quality" and hence he is put into bad groups

3. Total luck.

However, what I tend to believe is that there is not total lack, neither a 'tinfoil' idea that a GM that watches (not even 2.). What I tend to believe is that there is an automatic system that gives you very good groups the first 1-3 times you join. If you play a lot you gradually enter "ebay" groups.

I think I have almost confirmed this 100% in PvP: The first 1 or 2 games I join of the day (no bonus conq yet), will be with very high ilevel players. IF I win one, it will be low level for then on.

I believe it's a very logical and fun thing to do, because most people want to get it over with. If you keep joining and joining then may you should be the one getting the 'ebayers'.

This poster has started way too many threads that are so far from left field, I question their sanity. No offense, just get some perspective and stop thinking GM's are out to get you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. Sorry.

Difficult to understand this post.

GMs don't have the ability to match-up people via looking for dungeon.

Aside from the fact that you're paranoid; I think there is a matchmaking system in play. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there were blue posts discussing it.

Lower ilvl players are matched with higher ilvl players, such that "the new players can learn from the more experienced players".

Hence, when you run heroics, initially you're being helped by other more geared players, making your runs easier. When you've collected the gear, you're then expected to return the favour, so you find yourself matched with lesser geared players. Generally, these players are less experienced and may fall pray to the pitfalls of the dungeon.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

I..what is this? I don't even...

As far as the impossibility of getting put back in a group you just got kicked from/left because they pissed you off. Not...impossible at all. Happened to me before and happened to some random dude grouped with my guild for a troll heroic.
    I left, re-queued, got slapped back with the same group. Left again. Did it one more time, same group. Only happened the one time though.

The troll group was me, 3 guildies and one random who we pissed off somehow. He left, apparently re-queued and left 3 more times getting back with us each time.

And countless times I've been regrouped several times in one day with 1-2 of the same people from previous groups. RNG.

As far as a GM watching you and screwing you over with groups (I assume that's what the OP is trying to say? Hell if I know...), I really freaking doubt that. You're gonna get good groups and bad groups. You can have a streak of a great day then the next day get nothing but crap both PvP and PvE. Nothing is gonna change that :\
    Also just put the morons from the group on your ignore list and voila you never see 'em again unless you remove 'em from the list.

Deleted
    I don't believe gm's are watching but I do think I get grouped with healers and tanks with low gear.(I either tank of heal, my tanking gear is better but Im a better healer) I got shit loads of healers with pvp shoulders and tanks with 2/3 greens. But is doesn't matter, I kinda enjoy bad groups as a healer(not on my priest tho) since it gives me a challenge and I am able to survive with most bad healers when I tank. In zg/za are easier to heal than most other heroics btw.

Holy tinfoil hat.

You realy think that the GM's do actively watch the group compositions in lfg ? I think that must be why we have so long wait times ! If only they could write a algorytm that would take some of the work off their shoulders.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

10+ Year Old Account
    CONSPIRACY.

No a GM does not watch you for what groups you get. It's all. RNG.
    There might be dumb luck, where you leave a group, que up again and get the same people, but it's nowhere, by far, chosen by a GM.