Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

it's 12 °C outside, yet my computer can keep my room warm. issue or not?

so it's darn cold in Belgium. according to the weather report, it's 12 °C (53.6 °F) and my electric heating isn't on yet. i'm in a room looking east, it's cloudy, yet my room has pretty nice temperature, solely due to my computer. there's not a single other heating element in my room, yet it seems quite warm, not at all like 12 °C. however, should i be worried that my computer heats my room so much? my room is 5 meters long, 4 wide and 2.5 tall.

how do u know its ur computer heating things up? and if ur computer hasnt melted away yet its probably fine
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Deleted
    It might not be healthy for you ^.^ "otherwise" I see no problem

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    so it's darn cold in Belgium. according to the weather report, it's 12 °C (53.6 °F) and my electric heating isn't on yet. i'm in a room looking east, it's cloudy, yet my room has pretty nice temperature, solely due to my computer. there's not a single other heating element in my room, yet it seems quite warm, not at all like 12 °C. however, should i be worried that my computer heats my room so much? my room is 5 meters long, 4 wide and 2.5 tall.
    If your room is well insulated and you either are running older hardware, OC' your current hardware, or are running it under any ammount of stress its actually pretty normal.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall;
    there's not a single other heating element in my room
    cept for yourself, which probably attributes a lot more to the heat than your computer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Munk View Post
    If your room is well insulated and you either are running older hardware, OC' your current hardware, or are running it under any ammount of stress its actually pretty normal.
    Kassy beat me to it , between what kassy said and the quote, its not out of the ordinary.

Deleted
    My pc is like one year old, and my HD 5850 goes up to 70 degrees Celcius while playing battlefield 3. (60 when idle).
    It's normal, those temperatures so don't be afraid.
    Anyways, considering this it's not weird that the pc gives quite some warmth.
    I mean, it's blowing away the hot air for cooling so your room warms up

its not the PC geniuses, unless ur pc is right infront of ur face.

its the monitor and the long sessions infront of it. also the focus in what you are doing in the game or whatever ur doing.
    Stress can also heat you up if u didnt know that.

and temperature OUTSIDE 12c has nothing to do with temperature INSIDE your house/room. unless ofcourse u have ur windows / doors wide open.
    Last edited by Gamez; 2011-10-09 at 02:50 PM.

I haven't used the radiator in my appartment for years, my computer / TV keeps it all warm and dandy. Even at winter when its -10* outside

Funny thing is I still get bills from the "heat-company" because the counter on my radiator goes up, even when not turned on because of the heat my Computer/TV generats. Talk about scam

And yes I have complained about it, but they says "that is just how it is".

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    @ Gamez
    Lol, trying to be smart yet you fail at logics.
    Focusing on something doesn't make you magically gain temperature.
    And I don't know about you, but what kind of monitor do you have? One from 1990? Current 1920x1080 monitors produce like close to no heat.

Applying common logic makes you automatically think about the pc itself. If you have a room that is isolated well enough, and the pc keeps adding heat. Then the temperature will rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post

its the monitor and the long sessions infront of it. also the focus in what you are doing in the game or whatever ur doing.
    My PC generates far more heat "exhaust" than my monitor. Monitors can and do generate heat although its more ambient than active, and even still it will almost certainly not be the same temp as your PC reaches.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by ThargixEchoes View Post
    @ Gamez
    Lol, trying to be smart yet you fail at logics.
    Focusing on something doesn't make you magically gain temperature.
    And I don't know about you, but what kind of monitor do you have? One from 1990? Current 1920x1080 monitors produce like close to no heat.

Applying common logic makes you automatically think about the pc itself. If you have a room that is isolated well enough, and the pc keeps adding heat. Then the temperature will rise.
    Nope, you are failing at logics, what i meant to say by focus is the stress like playing dark soul after failing on a boss over and over again.
    No my screen isnt from 1990 and the pc heat doesnt have much to do with your heat unless its too close to u

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Unless your pc is so hot that you can't touch it that is not the reason. I live in Belgium aswell and it's 20-22 degrees inside aswell without heating. It's all about isolation.

You are confusing room temperature with the feeling of warmth...those are 2 different things.

I might actually be you!

If your room is well isolated the heat your body constantly pumps out (mainly from the top of your head) will be able to keep the room warm.

Needs to extreamly good isolated though, and I dubt it is, prolly your computer going banans at 70 degrees or something.
    And you'll start getting blue screens before anything melts at the hardware, no worries.

Stress can also heat you up if u didnt know that.

and temperature OUTSIDE 12c has nothing to do with temperature INSIDE your house/room. unless ofcourse u have ur windows / doors wide open.
    I think you missed the part where he said that he has yet to turn on the heat in his house. Are you seriously stating that temperature outside does not influence temperature inside if you are not attempting to alter the temperature inside at some point? I sure hope not.

OP: I'm sure it's a mixture of your PC, your Monitor, and yourself in there adding up to a fairly heated room. The human body puts off an insane amount of heat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. Not sure if its your pc. Maybe your room is just good isolated... Since it was like 25+ degrees last week in Belgium 12 now is a big difference :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything its a good sign. It means your computer is getting the heat away from itself. Mine puts out a lot of heat. Combine it with my TV and PS3 if I start streaming videos and my room easily becomes the warmest in the house.

Only time I have heat on is in the winter when it is -20c outside, rest of the time my computer have no problem keeping my room warm, sometimes I even keep the window sligthly open in the winter because it gets too hot.

During the summer I need to use A/C to cool the room but it takes a lot of electricity so I'm trying to figure something out to put the computer in another room.

Deleted
    Nope, you are failing at logics, what i meant to say by focus is the stress like playing dark soul after failing on a boss over and over again.
    No my screen isnt from 1990 and the pc heat doesnt have much to do with your heat unless its too close to u
    Your picture and location suits your character.
    Last edited by mmoc2c42523442; 2011-10-09 at 03:07 PM.

There is a university where I live that heats one of their buildings solely through computers, as well as other electronic devices, through the winter. It surprisingly stays very warm.