Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    If its a game developed on the PC then yes I buy it, case in point Dragon Age. If its a port from a console to PC, then I dont bother, case in point Dragon Age 2.
    DA2 is no port from console to PC.
    It's made for PC, with consoles in mind, and then ported to consoles.

I would buy more games in general if:
    -they didn't intentionaly removed stuff (weapons, maps, whatever) and add them few month later. (DLC)
    -release a game full of graphical bugs, I mean Rage is a joke right? 50$ and can't play a game? release it later then.

Quote Originally Posted by XanaduNL View Post
    DA2 is no port from console to PC.
    It's made for PC, with consoles in mind, and then ported to consoles.
    While I don't know which it was developed for first (I wouldn't be surprised if it was console, it's far easier/cheaper to do a console port), I will say that it wasn't just developed with consoles in mind, it was tailored to console players. The game is much closer to the console version of the first Dragon Age and the PC version.

15+ Year Old Account

Wink If in Rome do like the Romans do...

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Ex. of bad PC games: Dead Island (fun, but glitchy, weird to control), sports games, etc
    Ex. of GOOD PC games: Crysis 1, Dead Space 2(nicely adapted), The Witcher 2, Starcraft 2, list goes on.
    You can't expect a Helicopter to work with a Cars steering wheel and even if it does you'll face the consequences of it's limitation.

The console games you mentioned were made and optimized with certain Controller based limitations/features ( slow reaction time / limited amout of buttons / 2 analog Sticks / Motion Sensing ) in mind which just don't go well with a PC's Keyboard/Mouse combo ( fast reaction time / unlimited amout of buttons / 1 analog Mouse 1 digital Keyboard / no Motion Sensing )

So if you want to get the same vibe as those ppl. playing on the consoles than = Use an appropriate input device for the game you bought.

The thing that pisses me off the most is the general lack of customization possibilities when it comes to a ported game like not beeing able to alter the graphic detail or like already mentioned the possibility to only use preset controller configs ( which also pisses me off in consoles )

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    They were done right, for the PC.

Sometimes I play games, they feel like ports from other consoles, they have issues, or they don't "feel right". On the other hand, there are some made specifically for the PC (first), and others that are made equally for all platforms.

Ex. of bad PC games: Dead Island (fun, but glitchy, weird to control), sports games, etc
    Ex. of GOOD PC games: Crysis 1, Dead Space 2(nicely adapted), The Witcher 2, Starcraft 2, list goes on.

If all the titles released on the PC were shown love, would you buy more games for your PC? I'm tired of PC gamers getting the shaft.
    I have two problems with PC games. First, I have to keep my PC up to date to keep playing the latest games while my console will play anything put out for it perfectly the first time every time. The second problem I have is the insulting DRM policies that companies are coming out with for PC's. The always online, the steam, battlenet, etc... it's inconvenient and insulting. If it doesn't come out on console i don't play it anymore. (with the possible exception of the next installment of starcraft)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    I have two problems with PC games. First, I have to keep my PC up to date to keep playing the latest games while my console will play anything put out for it perfectly the first time every time.
    You do know games still have ridiculously low requirements, right? Games still run perfectly well on a 8800gt. I'm still running a GTX275, and max out every game under DX10 settings.

Deleted
    No. I play on Xbox LIVE because I grew up with it, to an extent. The first shooter I probably played was on PC (Urban Terror mod on Q3: Team Arena), but I LOVED Unreal Championship on Xbox LIVE. I'm used to that platform, and it has more titles that get cranked out than PC.

What would make me play PC more would be:

--Integrate Xbox LIVE. I don't care to give up 8+ years of that to switch for the same games.
    --Get exclusives worth a damn. They don't have Halo, Gears, Forza, or anything like that. Portal and Crysis bailed out for consoles. Other than WoW and Roller Coast Tycoon, they don't have anything on consoles when it comes to games.

I would honestly love if MS would use Windows to integrate the next Xbox. Make games on Blu-Ray discs and include Xbox launching software within Windows 8, giving people the option to pop Halo into a PC Blu-Ray drive and play with a controller OR a mouse and keyboard. It would be awesome to not have to buy a new console, but still have the option.
    I made an account after 2 years looking at this website. This is the only post that has made me do that. I just want to say:

Please, for the love of God, tell me you are joking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most definitely. I don't buy crappy ports. I want a quality game that is either designed for PC and then ported to console, or a good port to the PC.

Best thing on RE 4 were quicktime events. Oh you have a second to react? Well try to decipher PS symbols and press them on keyboard.

There's really 3 things that have to be filled before I pay for a full priced (50-60e) recently published game:

The game lasts longer than 10 hours and has a replay value
    No ridiculous DRM schemes (Always online, limited installs, spywares like SecuROM)
    Clearly made for PC first, consoles second

If it fails to meet any of those three, it immediatly falls down to the 1-5e sales box and if it's the DRM issue then it's not even worth buying at all. Those aren't outrageous demands by any stretch but still publishers seems hell bent on punishing the paying customers with them.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I would still buy more PC games if I could actually buy the game and not be forced to download it and also not get games engorged on DRM. I would take a game with a CD code over one that requires an internet connection any day of the week.
    same here i would buy more PC games if you didnt have to be forced to use steam or some online service in order to play it. Just give me the CD key so i can just play the damn game.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe