Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonetheless View Post
    Source: http://retributionpaladins.com/ghost...et-was-broken/

That was a blue post from GC some date during September 2010:

“Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you. We tried to advertise that change was coming for a long time because we didn’t want anyone to be surprised when it happened. Many players, including many Ret players, were just not happy with the mechanics of the spec in Lich King. I can understand if you just happened to love your character the way he or she was, but unfortunately, that doesn’t give us much room to maneuver in attempting to implement a design that we will be happy with, and ultimately many players (though it will never be all) will be as well.”

I see how Cata ret is and then i re-read this post. I laugh. Hard. And having thoughts of unsub.

I mean, do we seriously expect from this guy to fix ret? Seriously...
    I like how I'm the first comment on that. My...what a terribad expansion this has been.

Me circa 2010:
    That being that they are looking at the numbers are (probably, I have to add as a biased jerk) looking for acceptable solutions.

They totally weren't. And that Joe poster being the beta while I wasn't (me saying this a tad bit vindictively) probably emblemizes everything that was wrong with the beta, up to the release, up the hotfixes, up to the godawful everything that was 4.1 (way the hell after I quit), up to this point where we're seeing whatever hellaciously bad development team is left working on the game now is trying to throw this expansion under the bus so we may never speak of it again. IF the game survives.

OT: It won't. Ever. Take my above comment as a lesson learned: Optimism for the class will always be wasted, and it's healthier to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Right on, bro.
    Last edited by Typhron; 2011-10-20 at 06:28 AM.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

I was never implying it was the easiest in wrath, nor am i saying its actually difficult now. Its a comparison between the two (mostly now vs ICC, from when pallies got mostly labelled as faceroll, with some reason from our 2pc t10). I have an ehance i played in wrath too. Arguably one of the "hardest" specs to play, at least back then (right up there with ferals and whatnot). It still wasnt hard. It just takes a little effort on the players part to research what they should be doing and then do it.
    The 2nd paragraph was not aimed directly at you, but the people who have that particular sentiment. It is a sentiment that anoys me for 2 simple reasons.
    1) It is completely false.
    2) it is spouted forth based on what they once heard someone else say, without actually putting their own thought into it. Mindlessly repeating what some idiot once said because it sounds like a cool thing to say.
    Last edited by terrahero; 2011-10-19 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    The 2nd paragraph was not aimed directly at you, but the people who have that particular sentiment. It is a sentiment that anoys me for 2 simple reasons.
    1) It is completely false.
    2) it is spouted forth based on what they once heard someone else say, without actually putting their own thought into it. Mindlessly repeating what some idiot once said because it sounds like a cool thing to say.
    The thing is, its not 100% false. I know from plenty of experience in ICC that, after getting 2pc t10, it could get pretty damn faceroll with DS.

However, none of that really matters at this point anyway.

i was kinda kinda testing My ret paladin on PTR
    PVP : couldnt find a solution to bring any Range dps down i was kinda shocked when i saw my Hammer of Wrath crit , and sometime i pray for the Art of War to proc
    and for DP proc i wished my Opponent was even near me ( im not a gr8 Retri Nor even a bad one )
    do i see some issues ?yes , does this Fix Ret paladin ? in my oppinion ( and its just an oppinion ) NO
    PVe : i found 1 way to make a Ret paladin burst for like 12-10 second , by activating AW and Zeal together , and after GoAK , there is a dmg change for judgment and SoT , but isnt that a loss of DPs by activating both strong abilities together ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Retribution will never be fixed. You should have prepared yourself to live with this truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Retribution will only never be fixed because Blizzard refuse to fix it. Thats the only truth everyone needs to come to terms with and one of the questions I would literally pay someone to ask at Blizzcon to the devs is "Why wont you fix Retribution to work like the other melee classes, and give them the same tools those melee have?". But because Blizzard cherry picks questions this will never be answered on the live stream or on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not so much they dont want to fix it, i think, but they have absolutely no idea of what they want a pally to be, so they cant fix it because they have no guidelines to follow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not so much they dont want to fix it, i think, but they have absolutely no idea of what they want a pally to be, so they cant fix it because they have no guidelines to follow.
    They have a very clear and set guideline, it just changes every few months or so.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.