Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battlefield 3- canceling preorder any1?

So after quite a long gameplay of beta I feel disappointed.
    Metro map gives us quite nice infantry gameplay, many things, like weapons modification are awesome (i love how bipod works, simply amazing) However, yet again, we have overepowered snipers (welcome to the bad company). We arent given an commander either, which quite sucks.
    However, the true disappointment came together with caspian border map. Aircraft. Aircraft is an godamn joke in this game. Hey, no matter how long you spend on this map, all the planes do is just fighting each other, why? Cuz of being armless against AA vehicles AND infantry with AA(lol) quite same goes for helis.
    Summing up, we were supposed to be given true BF2 continuation, instead, they gave us crappy bad company based game (it could be called bad company 3) Game lacks of a lot of things from bf2, brining in shitty close combat like in BC2, with vehicles being not rly worth much. Game astonishes with graphics and sounds, however, gameplay is not worth the price

It's allright, I might get it when it comes down in price. Visually it's great and the sound is fantastic, it's so atmospheric.

What's so great about the bipods btw? The way you deploy them? This was done by Day of Defeat along time ago if so, so failed to be impressed with that but nice to see another game incoorporate it but it shouldn't take credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladekpl View Post
    Metro map gives us quite nice infantry gameplay, many things, like weapons modification are awesome (i love how bipod works, simply amazing) However, yet again, we have overepowered snipers (welcome to the bad company). We arent given an commander either, which quite sucks.
    However, the true disappointment came together with caspian border map. Aircraft. Aircraft is an godamn joke in this game. Hey, no matter how long you spend on this map, all the planes do is just fighting each other, why? Cuz of being armless against AA vehicles AND infantry with AA(lol) quite same goes for helis.
    Summing up, we were supposed to be given true BF2 continuation, instead, they gave us crappy bad company based game (it could be called bad company 3) Game lacks of a lot of things from bf2, brining in shitty close combat like in BC2, with vehicles being not rly worth much. Game astonishes with graphics and sounds, however, gameplay is not worth the price
    vehicles are awesome i've ran around running so many people over all game in the jeeps before. switching to gunner seat if i needed to gun a heli down. only thing bad is the controls for flight feel like it should be done on a console controller.

Why would I cancel a preorder for a game which beta I've enjoyed immensely?

Sure there's bugs, and all that jazz. But if you enjoy the gameplay I don't see a reason to cancel it.
    If you however find yourself more lost than having fun, then yeah canceling may be needed for you.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by bladekpl View Post
    Nope, actually just preorded it because of the beta.

And FYI, I don't know how much you used the jets, but air to surface missiles and the jammer that makes it harder for your plane to be locked on to are unlockables that have to be unlocked by leveling up your jet through kills.

The vehicles are a bit weak in the beginning, leveling them up and getting the unlocks for them is pretty important if you want to whore vehicles.
    Last edited by Tstr88; 2011-10-10 at 03:32 PM.

I loved the beta, Caspian Border is so awesome

so in other words, not canceling it

It held my interest for 30 mins. After that I was bored like fuck. I really looked forward to the game, but I expected much more (what I exactly expected I dont know, maybe I'm just bored of FPS?). To me it's just another multiplayer FPS with amazing visuals and sound.
    I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did cancel my pre-order just for the sole reason i probs won't have the money when it comes out. I'll just wait a week or 3 and then go to the store and get it. I will play it tho, need a new shooter game badly
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    People who have got their Commander level already will cancel.

Deleted
    this beta was about 3-4 months old content.
    so graphic wise / buggwise / tweek wise etc etc etc
    is all fixed majorly by now.
    main reason for the beta was to see how the servers would react.
    Imo, this was a great taste of the old BF2 feeling. can't wait

Beta was amazing, and my pre-order is definitly still there.

I'm not sure how you could think snipers are overpowered with most of the guns you need a head shot to kill plus you get that reflection off their scope so that you know where they are.

Sigh... It's a beta, based on a maybe 2 months old build, get over it.

I just can't understand why people would cancel their pre orders.. Cry babies. It's a beta, not a demo as many games are even though they are labeled betas. Except for the netcode most of the bugs will probably get fixed. The graphics weren't fully implemented, destruction was far from fully implemented.

I enjoyed playing the game a lot. So I just preordered the game just now, since the beta is over now.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

I had a lot of fun with the beta even though it was an old build and pretty buggy.

I thought the same thing about the air vehicles when I first started with them but after awhile you will get the good unlocks which helps immensely.

y outube.com/watch?v=warw_-50bxo good example of air to ground jet gameplay (can't post links)

I rather enjoy doing this on caspian borders

y outube.com/watch?v=clDpZIaU3-Q

No, why would I? I've been playing the Beta almost non-stop since it came out and I've been having disgustingly fun with it, I'm really sad that the Beta is over and can't wait for the full game to come out.

The only thing I feel is overlooked at this point after reading the DICE posts, is the map.

The game needs a proper map.

Hopefully the jets will be integrated better once you unlock more toys for them.

No way. I spent about 28 hours playing the beta and I'm not even bored of the map yet (metro in particular) so nope, I will still play the game the day it comes out.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

Beta actually caused me to pre-order. Game is tons of fun even in beta form. BF2142 is the only battlefield game i've played before and i could get sucked into titan mode in that game for hours every night. It's fun mastering all the vehicles and kits and unlocking new equipment. Once you finally get everything you want unlocked it becomes all about topping the charts and winning the games. Very fun stuff.

I preordered because of beta. Was bored and this demo showed up on dashboard - so why the hell not try it? I was expecting some bullcrap CS or CoD gamestyle for 12 year old kids, but this felt so much like WAR. Not running arround and shooting, but actually crawling through the bushes, listening where enemy is shooting in metro tunnels and then flanking them. <3

Also love the idea of not overpowered snipers (well maybe on big maps).

Worst part I come from work today, try to take random match, - "connection to EA servers was lost", check Battlelog - beta is over, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.