Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Brand new game for 1$

Brand new game for 1$, almost atleast

Check it out, cool concept and 1$ aint much, even if they only goes to charity. However i dont think 10.000.000 prepurchases is possible in 40 days.

http://www.afterfall-universe.com/en/index concept video. And yes, his english aint the best.

check the trailers below the first displayed video.

havent bougth anything myself yet

Looks like a pretty interesting game, I think. Is the game itself really only one dollar? Or is that just the price for pre-ordering it? Because if it's just a dollar, I might as well just grab it. It looks cool, and if my money ends up going to charity, that's cool too.

I think you are misunderstanding this, it is 1$ to *Pre-Order* not for the actual game. That is what I think, maybe I'm wrong.

the game will be one dollar if 10 million preorders are made, if not then the game will be the regular price minus the one dollar you already paid.

Deleted
    For everyone that is confused about this:

You pay 1 dollar to pre-order it, if 10.000.000 copies are preordered, before 25th of novemeber, everyone that made a preorder will get the game for the 1 dollar they already payed, and 10% of those will go to charity.
    If less than 10 mil preorders are made, all the money from the preorder will be donated to charity, and all the people that preordered will be able to buy the game for the "real" price, minus the one dollar you already payed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So it's a fallout knock off?

Death improves everyone's reputation...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalooTakant View Post
    So it's a fallout knock off?
    It started as an indie RPG game based around the first two Fallout games, so, in essence, its based on a Fallout type genre, but much more gory and scary....

Deleted
    Most of the screenshot look very, very much the same as games already out. Infact I think I have made a screenshot from Rage, that looks identical to one they have showing : /

Deleted
    looks interesting, especially for $1. it's a really good concept, but i really doubt it will get 10m preorders but at least all of the money will then be donated to charity. may as well give a go, if it reaches the goal, awesome, if not, i just donated a dollar to charity. win/win.

What charity? they only refer to it as "the charity".

Nothing in the F&Q, and in About they describe it as "one of the world’s largest international charity organisations".

10 million? That made me giggle.

Anyways, these indie developers developing only for PC... I mean nowadays my friends are exchanging PCs to laptops and buying console for gaming - just works out better. And sadly laptops can't run your pretty graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    looks interesting, especially for $1. it's a really good concept, but i really doubt it will get 10m preorders but at least all of the money will then be donated to charity. may as well give a go, if it reaches the goal, awesome, if not, i just donated a dollar to charity. win/win.
    Clever free advertising ploy successful! Someone in a dark room is smiling right now at his own genious

But cudos to teh marketing department. You get win/win. They also get win/win because if they reached 10mil (which they wont) they would have covered their costs in game production many times over, and if they don't then they acted as a hub to donate money to charity and get free publicity for their game which will translate into sweet sweet profits after release. Everyone is happy, butterflies and rainbows all around and the inevitable world nuclear annihilation has been averted, huzzah!

Looks pretty interesting I think I will preorder it

it depends on which charity they give it to, then maybe ill preorder

The 10 million mark was an insane goal. There's almost no possible way it will be reached, so it's basically just a one dollar donation to a charity. They should have set it to a realistic target number so people might actually get that game for a dollar. A million maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimp View Post
    it depends on which charity they give it to, then maybe ill preorder
    Dr. Psychology says:
    What you have done is rationalised not pre-ordering because you are lazy and stingy.
    Saying "I will donate my whooping 1$ if I think the charity is good enough" is not cool. Chuck Norris is not impressed.

I've now helped improve your self awareness by revealing to you a part of your blind self (the "you" others are aware of but you are not).
    You're welcome
    Last edited by Linaver; 2011-10-10 at 06:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry View Post
    10 million? That made me giggle.

Anyways, these indie developers developing only for PC... I mean nowadays my friends are exchanging PCs to laptops and buying console for gaming - just works out better. And sadly laptops can't run your pretty graphics.
    They've said it will be made for consoles once its out on the PC

Afterfall Insanity.

EDIT: apparently this post got moved into a thread. Game looks sick, I threw my dollar in.

EDIT: And this game runs on a 8800. That's the card that most people are swapping out now as it's now the new minimum settings card, at this point a number of mid ranged laptops will run this game.
    Last edited by Alan1187; 2011-10-11 at 02:53 AM.

I think there was already a thread on this, but yes it is an interesting idea and the game does not look bad at all.

Merged the two threads.