Poll: Bad Idea?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You guys have the supply idea in place, but remember... who are the people buying this off AH ? Uber rich? I'm not so convinced it will be popular to buy these pets just for gold. I admit I would buy one once for like 5k or less but that's as high as I would go and once. 10$ for 5k gold....ok I just realized its not a bad deal lol, disregard everything I just said previous. I now see what you all mean! >.<

Well, they are doing it with Diablo 3 why not add the same feature to WOW. Its not like a ton of gold will set the baddies ahead of you. Don't be scared... lol.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    50% is a pretty dead even split. I hardly call that approval by a long shot.The warcraft forums as well have quite a bit of uproar themselves. (they always tended to be pretty negative though regardless of the issue)
    There's no more fashionable rage about this than about any other OMG WORST IDEA EVER that the forums have latched onto.

All you've got is one of those 50-page threads that's mostly the same few people multiquoting each other. There aren't even that many "I feel this needed a new topic even though they're clearly getting deleted as spam" threads.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    They don't make as much money on selling gold anymore.
    Oh my aching head.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Yes, becuause when players got those mounts they were new at the time. They were fresh mount types we had not seen before. I do not think they were the best or even close to original though. if anything you just kinda helped to further prove my point.
    You know there were drake models already in Vanilla right?

If anything, he kinda ruined your point.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    You know there were drake models already in Vanilla right?

If anything, he kinda ruined your point.
    did we have drake mounts in vanilla? yeah thought so. In vanilla mounts we did get were unique and pretty cool. baron's mount, the AQ bugs, the horde and alliance could get a different model that was unique to the other faction out of ZG, ect.

So no he didn't ruin my point in the slightest. if anything just further proved as we moved forward instead of making a new and exciting mount idea they are being seen more and more in the store.

Invincible shares a mount with the sparkle pony but we all know how rare it is to even see that mount.

The winged guardian is one of the most unique types of mounts I personally think we have seen yet.

Blizz use to use the trading card game but they now realized that you get can all the profit and not nearly as much expense by just cutting out the cards for most of the cool things.

Quote Originally Posted by er0ckuh View Post
    Whoever buys it for gold knowing it obviously costs $10 either has a fuckton of gold, or isn't smart.
    Spending virtual money on something that someone paid actual money for isnt smart? What am I losing by buying this pet off the AH instead of the blizzard store?

did we have drake mounts in vanilla? yeah thought so. In vanilla mounts we did get were unique and pretty cool. baron's mount, the AQ bugs, the horde and alliance could get a different model that was unique to the other faction out of ZG, ect.

So no he didn't ruin my point in the slightest. if anything just further proved as we moved forward instead of making a new and exciting mount idea they are being seen more and more in the store.

Invincible shares a mount with the sparkle pony but we all know how rare it is to even see that mount.

The winged guardian is one of the most unique types of mounts I personally think we have seen yet.

Blizz use to use the trading card game but they now realized that you get can all the profit and not nearly as much expense by just cutting out the cards for most of the cool things.
    Drake models.

Already in the game, we knew what they looked like if they were in mount form. Yeah, the dam store has all the unique models. All 2 of them. Nothing inside the game has a unique model.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Drake models.

Already in the game, we knew what they looked like if they were in mount form. Yeah, the dam store has all the unique models. All 2 of them. Nothing inside the game has a unique model.
    I was talking specifically about mounts, if you want to talk about models then yes obviously that would make your point. No the models are not unique to anything, the mounts however that I used to make a side point are. Done trying to debate the issue. Reply all you want but done responding to this specific side topic.

Wont effect anything. It is ONE pet out of the like the 180 there are. I'm sure it wont go for too much gold when anyone could go buy it for $10.

I was talking specifically about mounts, if you want to talk about models then yes obviously that would make your point. No the models are not unique to anything, the mounts however that I used to make a side point are. Done trying to debate the issue. Reply all you want but done responding to this specific side topic.
    Hm? You specifically talked about models in post 163 and how we already saw them, then used the bronze drake for your example. All it was, was just a recolor.

You don't have to replay if you don't want. I have a feeling you're change your argument around to fit your need.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the spirit buff was removed from priests for cata was it not? pretty sure this is not a live now screen shot.

yep was right link to wowwiki
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Prayer_of_Spirit

I bought a TGC Raptor long ago and sold it for some gold, so I'm not freaking out about this since I've experienced a very similar situation before. I'm sure yall will get over it soon. Everyone should really go with the flow and not stress out over tiny things like this. When they start trying to make a "Premium" account thing...THEN we can freak out. But when they add a totally optional thing like this in that doesn't effect your payments or gameplay....just chillax.

3 letters

T. C. G

/endthread.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    [IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/malhalla/WoWScrnShot_091110_135901.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/malhalla/WoWScrnShot_091110_135922.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/malhalla/WoWScrnShot_091110_135945.jpg[IMG]

Live EU server. One don't need to think much about it.
    Reported that third image for inappropriate language use.

...I'm sorry, I had to say it. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad Idea. Nuff Said
    My Youtube Channel | My Character | My Blog
    Steel your heart and your soul will shine brighter than a thousand suns. The enemy will falter at the sight of you. They will fall as the light of righteousness envelops them!

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Reported that third image for inappropriate language use.

...I'm sorry, I had to say it. =/
    Adult words are okay on this site. You can handle it big guy, I know they can be scary, but I'm running out of ways to be condescending about this. He was trying to make a point about gold sellers, and that was a pretty popular practice all the way through Wrath.
    1% of the Heroes control 100% of the winrates
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet

Not a fan of the idea, but at least it'll be cheap enough for my broke ass soon(tm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Must say I'm a bit worried about this. Also wonder about the implications. Technically this could become taxable now irl. The pet costs 10$ so clear value (unlike the TCG cards). Now you sell it on the AH. At first prices may fluctuate but after a while the prices will settle, so for example the price will settle on an average of 100k gold.
    Now I would like to see somebody who know this stuff to look at it, but I think that for example the IRS could ask for transactions made with the pet on the AH etc. So that people who sold it for say 200k gold made a profit of 100k gold which equals to 10$. And if the sold several they could be taxed for it?
    So could you be at risk? That's what I wonder?
    Up until now all the transactions never had a clear real life value or were not allowed to be sold for ingame currency. Now Blizzard is getting involved in it and is actually providing a way of converting real life cash for gold. Anxious to find out where this will go really.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Must say I'm a bit worried about this. Also wonder about the implications. Technically this could become taxable now irl.
    This has been going on in EvE for a while now (with game time cards), no IRS involvement whatsoever.