[Movie] Alien Promethius

Anyone excited about this film? Supposedly it's in post-production now and there might be a first trailer out by the end of the month. I was always a big fan of the first 2 alien movies and to a lesser extent the 3rd one when I was a little kid.

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/
    Last edited by Black Phillip; 2011-10-10 at 09:06 PM.

i thought alien was good, but i thought aliens was awsome - not sure how this will turn out though coz i think ppl are expecting film 5 rather than a prequel, but even so ill prob watch it

ps - 3 was ok 4 sucked so much they should deny they ever made it

Deleted
    But is it a prequel- Ive heard That I was a Separate story away from the Ripley one..
    IMDB "A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race".

I thought it was going to focus on the Space Jockey?

But who cares Its Ridley Scott, who demanded full creative licence 200 million $ budget and 18 certification, So its going to be good...Hopefully.
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2011-10-10 at 09:32 PM.

Deleted
    the "Alien" series of movies are one of the few movies that genuinely terrify me, this could be due to me watching the first one when I was around 10 years old. I absolutely cannot wait for it, the fact the Ridley scott is on board is going to worth the wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't be excited about it because it's been in "production" since what? 1997? Hopefully the latest rumours are true and it is actually getting made this time. If it is then I will be very excited indeed. I freaking love Alien films (even Resurrection! :O)

Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    I can't be excited about it because it's been in "production" since what? 1997? Hopefully the latest rumours are true and it is actually getting made this time. If it is then I will be very excited indeed. I freaking love Alien films (even Resurrection! :O)
    Ummm... what year do you think it is? They haven't been making this movie for 14 years.

As I said, it's in post-production.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RatFanatic View Post
    Ummm... what year do you think it is? They haven't been making this movie for 14 years.

As I said, it's in post-production.
    And rumours about the movie started in 1997, same year Resurrection released. Scott himself said he had the script developed before the first AVP movie, and that it was looked over for said movie release. Also, the link you provided to back up your claim of it being in post production said parts of a set was being demolished (it included the words *sadly", pointing toward a negative outcome), it doesn't say whether the sets were used or not. Sets are built and taken down all the time without being used, it kind of points towards the movie's development hell schedule than anything suggesting it had entered post.

Man I wish they would have a new Alien movie. Imo the new predator movie was really bad and don't get me started on the AVP movies. I think they would make a killing with a new alien movie but thats just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie is simply titles Prometheus and while it did start life as an Alien prequel, it is much more a stand alone movie now. It will take place in the same universe and will reference the Alien films but may not be a direct prequel now. Really, there is very little info on it as the people in charge are doing everything they can to keep it a secret for now. Only time will tell. I would recommend not expecting to see the classic Alien creatures show up in any form until you hear otherwise or you might be disappointed.

As for it not being made, it is in post-production and that means the only thing left is editing and setting the sound track along with finishing touches. There is even a release date of June 2nd 2012, but who knows how accurate that is.

Deleted
    HR Giger: it's going to be huge
    Swiss newspaper Blick had a chance to talk to Alien designer HR Giger about his involvement in Prometheus.

"Ridley Scott and I met in London to discuss the details of the project" confirms Giger. "It was a warm reunion after such a long time."
    According to the newspaper, Giger has been busy working in his studio in Zurich on the latest creatures for Prometheus. Unfortunately he's bound by contract to not give away any details.
    "It's going to be huge. I can not tell what I'm doing exactly"
    He does however confirm that Prometheus will take part in the same universe as the Alien series.

Giger won an Oscar in 1980 for his work on Alien, and the Swiss newspaper asks him if he's hoping for his second Oscar this time.
    "We'll see what the future brings. I did my work but never in terms of awards, otherwise I would have had to adjust."

This Blokes Is amazing at making evil Creatures, Most defiantly my Favorite Artist/Sculptor of all time, and he is making a Beasty for Promethius..

I cant wait for this film...
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2011-10-11 at 01:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to see it but, which is it, it keeps going from Alien Prequel to nothing to do with the Alien Universe, guess we'll just have to wait and see for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The movie is simply titles Prometheus and while it did start life as an Alien prequel, it is much more a stand alone movie now. It will take place in the same universe and will reference the Alien films but may not be a direct prequel now. Really, there is very little info on it as the people in charge are doing everything they can to keep it a secret for now. Only time will tell. I would recommend not expecting to see the classic Alien creatures show up in any form until you hear otherwise or you might be disappointed.

As for it not being made, it is in post-production and that means the only thing left is editing and setting the sound track along with finishing touches. There is even a release date of June 2nd 2012, but who knows how accurate that is.
    What Skizzit said is correct. The movie changed from prequel involving the Space Jockey to something else. We may not get to see our beloved Xenomorphs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a bad feeling this will be crap. Sci-Fi has taken a bad turn these past few years. I can't think of much that was really all that great.

2 things make this movie an exciting prospect, Ridley Scott is Directing and HR Giger is involved.

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

Deleted
    I enjoyed most Alien movies so far, the new ones less than the original first 3 movies...but just because they are less good doens't mean they suck.

Not sure what to expect here, I'l wait for a trailer..

I understand why people are expecting an Alien prequal, but given the fact that is called Prometheus...and not any variation of "Alien" should be a dead give-away.