Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Faron province, same thing.
    so does this mean its a considered to be canon with both orcarina of time and twilight princess interesting.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

You know what would be awesome... if Skyward Sword had a Big Goron sword or a two-handed claymore to swing around like in OoT, but not like that pos in MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    so does this mean its a considered to be canon with both orcarina of time and twilight princess interesting.
    Pretty much all the games can be placed in a timeline. Especially the ones after OoT.

Its like:
    Young Link OoT -> MM -> Twilight Princess
    Adult Link -> WW -> Phantom Hourglass -> Spirit Tracks
    The other ones are thrown in somewhere sometimes, but if i remember correctly, all the rest are in the Adult Link line, and then the Oracles are in their own separate one.

But Skyward Sword is supposedly the very beginning of the timeline now, which the beginning was previously also OoT and Minish Cap. Or there could be no timeline and it's just a legend, like all the games are the same story told different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    You know what would be awesome... if Skyward Sword had a Big Goron sword or a two-handed claymore to swing around like in OoT, but not like that pos in MM.
    Always stuck with the Master Sword myself. Biggoron sword was cheating against Ganon. The thing from MM looked pretty neat at least.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2011-10-12 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    there was a huge article about the 25th anniversary of LoZ in Game Informer Magazine and in it there was an interview(or part of one) of there being a file on what his name's computer(can never remember his name ><) labeled TOP SECRET and it's supposedly the timeline of the Zelda games. He said the main reason they never include anything about it is b/c he wants the people designing the games to focus on everything else instead of possibly thinking about where w/e game falls in the timeline and possibly messing stuffs up.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Pretty much all the games can be placed in a timeline. Especially the ones after OoT.

Its like:
    Young Link OoT -> MM -> Twilight Princess
    Adult Link -> WW -> Phantom Hourglass -> Spirit Tracks
    The other ones are thrown in somewhere sometimes.

But Skyward Sword is supposedly the very beginning of the timeline now, which the beginning was previously also OoT and Minish Cap. Or there could be no timeline and it's just a legend, like all the games are the same story told different ways.

Always stuck with the Master Sword myself. Biggoron sword was cheating against Ganon. The thing from MM looked pretty neat at least.
    i understand that legend of zelda has split time line but theres been so many that its just mostly the most recent console based games have anything in commmon with any other........ its just surprising they would throw in an area from twilight princess into skyward sword i mean they barely did that with twilight princess which makes me wonder how many years OOT and MM are to TP...... i know wind waker is the adult link Time line where he went back to being a kid so they flooded hyrule and such.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    Well, Skyward > Ocarina (Child link ending) > Majoras Mask > Twilight Princess > Link to the Past

10+ Year Old Account
    makes you wonder if after SS, the people either leave the sky islands to live on the ground and those things that inhabit the Sky dungeon on TP take it over or they had split decisions on the matter and the ones that stayed up there mutated into those things.(I totally forgot SS is supposed to be prequel while typing this lol, but it still applies) Ofc b/c that Sky temple isn't mention till however many years later TP is after OoT, the 2nd could be possible.
    Last edited by Loaf; 2011-10-12 at 01:54 AM.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Thats what confuses me about Skyward Sword. No Royal Family, but Link has the green hat.
    Minish is the start of the Heros Hat, but there is a royal family

Heh going through I usually just use the broken knife. So fun lots of quick stabbing action. But I just like the Big Goron Sword for the aesthetic value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats what confuses me about Skyward Sword. No Royal Family, but Link has the green hat.
    i wonder if the if will see the zoras this time around and for some reason the spirit in links sword this time around reminds me of the rito tribe in wind waker.
    which is odd since the rito are jsut evolved zora's which was kinda retarded in the first place since it was a fricking flooded ocean =_=

A Link to the Past is prob my favorite, followed by Twilight Princess. I liked them all really except for a couple of the GB ones that seemed to deviate from the traditional series a bit and Wind Waker was kinda meh. Never did finish it, was lost at sea forever lol.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 08:02 PM ----------

Yeah I dont understand why Zelda isn't a princess in this one either. I wish they'd explain it but I think it's more going to be a different story altogether than another volume in the series.

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Timeline

T
    his is the most accepted timeline.
    "Child" Line: SS - OoT/MM - TP
    "Adult" Line: SS - OoT - TWW/PH - ST - (LoZ/AoL) - OoS/OoA(/LA) - TMC - FS/FSA - ALttP(/LA) - (LoZ/AoL)

But like Pickley said, there is that whatnot with SS and MC. That one has MC towards the middle though, which i dont quite understand.

Then there is this one.
    "Child" Line: SS >< (TMC) - OoT/MM - TP -
    *"Adult" Line: SS >< (TMC) - OoT - TWW/PH - ST -
    *"Constant" Line*: (TMC) - FS/FSA - ALttP/LA - (OoS/OoA) - LoZ/AoL - (OoS/OoA)

One thing that does happen in MC though is that he gives power to the White Sword. Which could be the Master Sword, but it also lost its power in the past, which makes me lean more towards SS coming before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Yeah I dont understand why Zelda isn't a princess in this one either. I wish they'd explain it but I think it's more going to be a different story altogether than another volume in the series.
    No it's supposedly a prequel to OoT. It will explain how the Master Sword came to be and it was also explain how Ganondorf came to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    prepare to die of awesome symphonies and speed painting...

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Timeline

T
    his is the most accepted timeline.
    "Child" Line: SS - OoT/MM - TP
    "Adult" Line: SS - OoT - TWW/PH - ST - (LoZ/AoL) - OoS/OoA(/LA) - TMC - FS/FSA - ALttP(/LA) - (LoZ/AoL)

But like Pickley said, there is that whatnot with SS and MC. That one has MC towards the middle though, which i dont quite understand.

Then there is this one.
    "Child" Line: SS >< (TMC) - OoT/MM - TP -
    *"Adult" Line: SS >< (TMC) - OoT - TWW/PH - ST -
    *"Constant" Line*: (TMC) - FS/FSA - ALttP/LA - (OoS/OoA) - LoZ/AoL - (OoS/OoA)

One thing that does happen in MC though is that he gives power to the White Sword. Which could be the Master Sword, but it also lost its power in the past, which makes me lean more towards SS coming before it.
    The reason i put LTTP after TP is because the Temple of time is all but destroyed in LTTP, in TP its in a state of disarray, its all but ruined, but its still there. Makes sense that it would go after.
    I still think Minish is first :P

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    prepare to die of awesome symphonies and speed painting...
    Already happened multiple times.

Love this picture so much. It was like instant-orgasm.
    http://i.imgur.com/dvQjR.jpg

Deleted
    Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past still ranks in as two of the best games I've ever played, just above two of Enix's Soul Blazer games (Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma to be precise). Along with Harvest Moon for the SNES , those five games round up my Top 5 Games.

Yeah, I was raised with a SNES and an N64, I bet you can tell

Already happened multiple times.

Love this picture so much. It was like instant-orgasm.
    http://i.imgur.com/dvQjR.jpg
    The Majoras Mask part is the best. Dat moon.

The reason i put LTTP after TP is because the Temple of time is all but destroyed in LTTP, in TP its in a state of disarray, its all but ruined, but its still there. Makes sense that it would go after.
    I still think Minish is first :P
    Well, it's the Temple of Time. It might go through time by itself.

The Majoras Mask part is the best. Dat moon.
    That Kid...

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past still ranks in as two of the best games I've ever played, just above two of Enix's Soul Blazer games (Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma to be precise). Along with Harvest Moon for the SNES , those five games round up my Top 5 Games.

Yeah, I was raised with a SNES and an N64, I bet you can tell
    MM will still always be at the top methinks .

Deleted
    MM will still always be at the top methinks .
    Oh MM is up there, it is. It took me well over two years to finish it completely (not continous play, but in waves).

But Ocarina of Time really wowed when I first played it, much more so than MM did.

Hasn't stopped me from replaying MM several times though