Thread: Report a Bot

Report a Bot

Like most of you, I'm pissed off by a Bots in BG's. Does anyone knows if enough players report certain char as AFK, does that player gets some kind of a ban? I mean, I'm sick and tired of bots and only thing I can do is to report them and ask people in BG't to report them too. If only thing that i achieve witht that report is to get them kicked out of curent game, its not enough if they can be back in 15 minutes. I think, if they don't get ban after a while, there should be Report a Bot option. Those who PvP have little time to write ticket to GM, to complain about a bot from some other realm.
    But I must say it's funny when you see two bots fighting. Or when you use bot as a decoy, when he stands next to a flag in AB.

Quote Originally Posted by ramolegenda View Post
    Like most of you, I'm pissed off by a Bots in BG's. Does anyone knows if enough players report certain char as AFK, does that player gets some kind of a ban? I mean, I'm sick and tired of bots and only thing I can do is to report them and ask people in BG't to report them too. If only thing that i achieve witht that report is to get them kicked out of curent game, its not enough if they can be back in 15 minutes. I think, if they don't get ban after a while, there should be Report a Bot option. Those who PvP have little time to write ticket to GM, to complain about a bot from some other realm.
    But I must say it's funny when you see two bots fighting. Or when you use bot as a decoy, when he stands next to a flag in AB.
    I was in a BG once where the enemy had 7 hunters multiboxing.
    We won easily AND i got the 0/1600 achievement.
    when the enemy has the bots, im ok with it.
    when we have bots, i QQ on the threads to nerf that class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

well, they should have premanent account ban, not just 3 hours. or ban for all toons on that account. if you report, lets say a warrior bot from one account and that warrior gets 3 hours ban, what stops owner of that account to log his lets say rogue and bot him till ban on warrior is passed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or 3h ban is too low for botting---it should be 2 day ban and removal all all honor and gold earned by boting in bgs.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Just open a ticket and report em such way if youre sure its a bot.
    These days bots are so advanced that they at times play better than some terrible players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Is it just me or 3h ban is too low for botting---it should be 2 day ban and removal all all honor and gold earned by boting in bgs.
    It's a 3 hour ban for being AFK too many times. You start to get into dangerous territory when you say AFK is definitely Bot, and not AFK is probably Bot. AFK could just be some guy that keeps getting into fights with his GF and has to step away every time he queues up (rare, but it happens).

If you are caught botting you get a 72 hour ban and a warning, which I think is reasonable. If you get caught a 2nd time, you get the perma-ban
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, it's interesting I was just pvping on my druid and got this out of nowhere along with a disconnect from the servers - http://oi55.tinypic.com/flxz61.jpg yet I didn't do anything wrong, called blizzard and 1 hour later got my account back online, they said it was an automated system that banned me...

there is difference between afk and bot. afk shows up and doesn't move whole game. usually on starting place or maybe stealthed somewhere on the map. bot usually (those whom i saw) run around from flag to flag, stand there. if there is enemy player at flag, they will try to attack them. it's easily to spot bot rogue, since they run around without being in stealth mode. as for writing ticket, kind of hard to write ticket during combat plus, sometimes players use special letter that i have no idea how to spell.

Deleted
    Not smart, what if you click "report a bot" button and then the person you got banned was in fact afk for a good reason (putting out a fire etc).

And how do you spot bots, it sounds like you're an expert on it. Bot yourself?

Deleted
    The report button won't do much good since bots are often programmed to go to certain points (and not wander around aimlessly) , will engage in combat and not be kicked out. Unless you really get allt to boot him, which doesnt happen alot.