Thread: [TV] Community

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't know what Jeff could possibly be teaching though
    Yes, what could it be...if only they would give us a clue, aside from the blackboard behind him saying "Fundamentals of Law"
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2013-12-10 at 08:12 AM.

What's this #sixseasonsandamovie hashtag? I thought that was an old Arrested Development thing?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    What's this #sixseasonsandamovie hashtag? I thought that was an old Arrested Development thing?
    Nope, always been a Community thing.

No, it's a Community thing. In one episode in season 2 Jeff tells Abed that the TV series "The Cape" will last 3 weeks(after Abed, dressed as The Cape, knocks his food off the table), and Abed runs off proclaiming "Six seasons and a movie!". Since then, Community fans have been using that phrase.

Anyone else stoked about season 5 starting tonight? I am.

i thought the black funny guy wasnt coming back for this new season?

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    i thought the black funny guy wasnt coming back for this new season?
    Donald Glover is signed on for the first 5 or 6 episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Donald Glover is signed on for the first 5 or 6 episodes.
    That makes his reaction to Zack Braff only being in the first six episodes of Scrubs season 9 all the better. Still sucks he's gonna leave. Not really sure what they're gonna do, if Pierce isn't around either. Cast is getting smaller, and I'm not big on the new teacher. And I've never really liked Chang.

That makes his reaction to Zack Braff only being in the first six episodes of Scrubs season 9 all the better. Still sucks he's gonna leave. Not really sure what they're gonna do, if Pierce isn't around either. Cast is getting smaller, and I'm not big on the new teacher. And I've never really liked Chang.
    Chang is hit or miss with me. Season 1 Chang was great. Season 4, and Changnesia, not so much.

Pierce's status/whereabouts is going to be a part of (I think) next week's episode. Read that Walton Goggins is playing an investigator looking for Pierce and he's going to be interrogating the study group. Could be fun.

Yeah, the smaller cast is gonna be rough...I guess that's why the new teacher is gonna have a more prominent role than many of their former teachers(I think Jonathan Banks is due to appear in 11/13 episodes, compared to the like, 4 episodes Prof. Kane appeared in), and why John Oliver is coming back as Prof. Duncan for I think 5-6 episodes, so there's another character for the group to interact with.

Agreed with atsawin on Chang-season 1 and 2 Chang were pretty amusing. Season 3 Warlord Chang and season 4 Changnesia didn't quite do it for me.

Love the show. Six season and a movie still right?

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Well, not missing Pierce one bit and I'm surprised they didn't rid of him sooner. First two episodes were brilliant.
    Hmm, Pierce or Jonathan Banks? C YA PIERCE!!! Don't let the door hit you on your grumpy ass on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Hmm, Pierce or Jonathan Banks? C YA PIERCE!!! Don't let the door hit you on your grumpy ass on the way out.
    Eh, I dunno. I mean, Banks was awesome in Breaking Bad, but so many great lines in Community were because of Pierce...not necessarily cause of his own lines(though he did have some funny ones), but many times cause of the reactions/replies to one of his casual racist remarks from the other characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm something about these episodes were off. I honestly felt like these characters just went completely backwards and are now going to do the same shit as before. I'm all for good episodes, and yeah, the second episode had me laughing like nuts. I loved the riot scene! It was so hilarious seeing all the students making a riot and having all these dangerous weapons at such a crazy reason haha.

However, it didn't justify some how some character development was all for naught, to some degree, in the past 4 seasons.
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2014-01-07 at 11:34 PM.

I thought these episodes were great. Forget Pierce, no one needs him. I loved the subtle meta humor about Zach Braff leaving after 6 episodes too.

Abed was my favorite out of the 2 episodes, so is Cage good or bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Hmm something about these episodes were off. I honestly felt like these characters just went completely backwards and are now going to do the same shit as before. I'm all for good episodes, and yeah, the second episode had me laughing like nuts. I loved the riot scene! It was so hilarious seeing all the students making a riot and having all these dangerous weapons at such a crazy reason haha.

However, it didn't justify some how some character development was all for naught, to some degree, in the past 4 seasons.
    To be fair for Abed, his therapist IS Britta.

Anyone think Annie's gonna end up being a nurse?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair for Abed, his therapist IS Britta.

Anyone think Annie's gonna end up being a nurse?
    Meh I think I am going to stop watching this show if it goes on like this. Hmm... maybe we'll see a specific reason why Jeff failed and it was more because of evil jeff, who returned at the end of last season.

I thought these episodes were great. Forget Pierce, no one needs him. I loved the subtle meta humor about Zach Braff leaving after 6 episodes too.
    That part amused me too, but subtle..definitely not subtle, lol.