Thread: [TV] Community

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Just had to comment.....while I thought last weeks episode was really boring, this weeks was hilarious. I was actually convinced for a bit that the crew was in a mental hospital and all got there after suffering some trauma or anxiety... they had me fooled too!
    Regarding the spoiler bit. Knowing the kinda show community is, and how they take tired television/film cliches and "meta" them (yes when referring to Community, meta can be a verb), how on earth could you think they would actually do that. lol I saw it for what it was immediately and LOVED EVERY SECOND of it.

also, Community is incapable of having a "boring" episode , but this weeks was better than the last couple of weeks IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    Regarding the spoiler bit. Knowing the kinda show community is, and how they take tired television/film cliches and "meta" them (yes when referring to Community, meta can be a verb), how on earth could you think they would actually do that. lol I saw it for what it was immediately and LOVED EVERY SECOND of it.

also, Community is incapable of having a "boring" episode , but this weeks was better than the last couple of weeks IMO
    Lol. In the back of my mind I knew it was kind of a joke, but they made it so convincing especially when they brought up how everyone had gone thru some rough patch or trauma....which could easily lead to anxiety or depression. It was funny cause it was convincing. Troy's expressions thru that whole thing were pretty hilarious.

90 minutes of Community tonight. It's on at 8, 9, and 9:30. They're getting the last episodes of the season out of the way.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-05-17 at 10:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saw all three. They're actually really good episodes. I didn't like a few this season though.

The 8-bit episode was easily one of my top favorite Community episodes, so damn good.

Deleted
    I heard a triple episode is coming up!?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzi View Post
    I heard a triple episode is coming up!?

it happened last night...and they were pretty awesome.

The only problem i had was they seemed to try and cram a lot of stuff (that i assume will be plot points in the next, and unfortunately final, half-season) into a montage in the final minutes of episode 22. Kinda seemed like they were trying to do too much, but it was still a great finale. Will be so sad to see this show end next season (unless a miracle happens). Deserves at least #SIXSEASONSANDAMOVIE!

15+ Year Old Account
    Is Chevy Chase even coming back for more after his blowup with the showrunner?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Is Chevy Chase even coming back for more after his blowup with the showrunner?
    good question. I haven't heard anything else about it. Honestly I wouldn't mind too much if he didn't. He's always been my least favorite (except for the D7D episode, he was awesome in that one). Not that I don't want him coming back, the show is near perfect as is, but out of everyone on the show I'd be the least upset if he didn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    good question. I haven't heard anything else about it. Honestly I wouldn't mind too much if he didn't. He's always been my least favorite (except for the D7D episode, he was awesome in that one). Not that I don't want him coming back, the show is near perfect as is, but out of everyone on the show I'd be the least upset if he didn't.
    Yeah, it wouldn't spoil it too much. I can't see what else Chevy Chase is really doing anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Glad they got a fourth season, even if it is a shortened one iirc. Having three episodes on last night was weird, but awesome. NBC is so incredibly terrible at how they play their episodes. They burned through 30 Rock this year, they burned through their new comedies in literally two days before axing them. All three episodes were great. Loved the darkest timeline Abed making a return.

This might not be good, they fired the writer. I think they're trying to kill the show...it's being moved to Friday and they fired the writer.

Comment from Starburns.

http://tvline.com/2012/05/14/communi...on-showrunner/
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-05-19 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    This might not be good, they fired the writer. I think they're trying to kill the show...it's being moved to Friday and they fired the writer.

Comment from Starburns.

http://tvline.com/2012/05/14/communi...on-showrunner/
    Just a small fix, Harmon was not the head writer, he was the Showrunner. Kind of a head writer/creator/head producer/head editor all rolled into one. Pretty much everything that happened on the show needed his final OK before it would be filmed, outside of network tweaks.

This is a huge blow to the series and pretty much means when it returns in the fall it will be a pretty different series. I am predicting it will be dead before Xmas.

15+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, if they're going to cut the heart out of the show then they shouldn't bother coming back at all. I would rather the show end while it was still funny then spoil it by producing crappy episodes. Then again, I haven't see them yet, so it's hard to say. Chances are if the actors themselves are this concerned over the possible departure it does not bode well for the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if there’s a photo of me doing it with an animal – I’m not saying one exists, I’m just saying, if one surfaces – it’s a fake. Look at the shadow. Why would it be in front of the giraffe if the sun is behind the jeep?
    LOL. Atleast he can still joke around with all this. Really sucks, he seemed like the heart and soul behind community.....no idea why companies do this kinda stuff, wish I knew why they fire him.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...out-dan-harmon

The highest ranking writer has quit too.

#sixseasonsandweloveyoudanharmon

#savecommunity

#freedanharmon
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-05-20 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man....the video game episode was awesome. Reminded me of terraria with some rpg and mega man thrown in lol. Would love to play a real version of it.

Why does NBC like to shit on its only good shows and continue to run crap instead?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Why does NBC like to shit on its only good shows and continue to run crap instead?
    Because the good shows are only popular with a small group of us mostly internet savvy 20 somethings while the crap shows get good ratings because they appeal to a wider audience. Then again, this is NBC and even their crap "popular" shows get awful ratings.

So help me God if they BBT Community next season and make it a more one camera comedy sitcom with a laugh track I might burn 30 Rock to the ground.

Great show. I'll be very disappointed if it gets canceled and replaced by one of those braindead laugh track shows.