Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    and so why is sub so hard? I have never played a rogue in a raid setting.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I am suprised that chickens are not up here, for casters they are one of the more complex rotations. None of the rotations are that difficult to execute once you read a bit. The difference will really come in with CD usage and fine tuning your execution that is where the good player is able to do~20% more dps than the avg player who knows the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    Arcane Mage! Good lord it's hard to find those two buttons on my keyboard sometimes.

I have experience with:
    Arcane Mage
    you tried too hard and failed. ;-)

on topic:
    it's always the class YOU are playing.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cursingmonk View Post
    I am suprised that chickens are not up here, for casters they are one of the more complex rotations. None of the rotations are that difficult to execute once you read a bit. The difference will really come in with CD usage and fine tuning your execution that is where the good player is able to do~20% more dps than the avg player who knows the rotation.
    welcome to every class in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    I don't find it extremely hard myself, I just find it harder than the other 4 specs I have experience with. I'm one of the few Warlocks out there that love the pet swapping mechanics for both the lore of using them as tools rather than friends (like hunters), and for the fun. I played Destruction as well and there are people saying that it is harder, I found through power auras usage that ISF was not 'hard' to do just tedious and clunky.

Secretly buried in this thread is the question as to where I can find the most fun DPSing, when I find the most fun from the most challenging.
    The tedious nature of the ISF buff is what makes that hard. You are punished pretty hard for letting that jazz fall off, and with the amount of incins and chaos bolts you need to spam to push out solid destro damage, hard casting an SF makes the spec difficult. Also just in full disclosure destro is my favorite out of the 3 lock specs, im just posting my thoughts.
    (also, hard casting SF and then watching a proc happen is like being punched in the junk)

Quote Originally Posted by Cursingmonk View Post
    This is one of the things I'm looking for as well in this thread, I'm not talking about hardest to play at a mediocre level, I'm talking about the good player who does more dps because they managed procs, cooldowns, etc. Adding to OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiz View Post
    The tedious nature of the ISF buff is what makes that hard. You are punished pretty hard for letting that jazz fall off, and with the amount of incins and chaos bolts you need to spam to push out solid destro damage, hard casting an SF makes the spec difficult. Also just in full disclosure destro is my favorite out of the 3 lock specs, im just posting my thoughts.
    (also, hard casting SF and then watching a proc happen is like being punched in the junk)
    Destruction came in second place for me, I didn't try to order the section on what specs I have experience with. I know the feeling of being 2 seconds into your soul fire cast and seeing the instant soul fire proc come up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    on topic:
    it's always the class YOU are playing.
    I only just started playing elemental shaman and I was complaining all night about how to keep entertained while doing it, it felt way too simple for me. People are only going to be able to judge classes that they play fairly, which is why I organized the OP the way it is. Yes, my vote comes from a class I play, there are a few votes for Subtlety Rogue but I have no experience with them.
    Last edited by Aethilus; 2011-10-11 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    Arcane Mage! Good lord it's hard to find those two buttons on my keyboard sometimes.

I have experience with:
    Arcane Mage
    Ino right! I mean honestly sometimes I accidentally evocate whist trying to press polymorph and the raid yells at me for spamming arcane barrage and fireball (what is the correct rotation is it 11111111111111111 cool downs down 1211121112111121212112) those 2 buttons confuse me

I just switched my rogue to sub for a few fights in FL, my god the rotation can embarrass you and make you look dumb, but when you get it rolling the numbers are just awesome!

I vote mine for sub rogue, also used to play a feral and that was pretty tough at the start of cata.

Destruction Lock is imba hard, and it's my candidate for the Hardest Specc in Cata.

Others are:

Kitty

Combat Rogue

Shadow Priest

Sub and Demo
    I feel enhance should be here, but I think that's poor class design and general shaman neglect/confused design.

I would vote for destro, but it needs so much love I don't count it as a viable Raid spec in 4.2. It can be made decent, but its potential is lower then demo and affliction despite player skill and gear. I lol at feral druid, Frost DK is about as hard as feral druid. One of my best friends in game is a feral and feral dps isn't hard at all to maximize or play generally. Compared to maxing a Sub Rogue, Demo lock, (destro if viable) its a breeze. My other buddy is a rogue and he claims Sub is really awful to get max dps without a lot of practice and experience on the fight you are using it on.

Most fun:
    Affliction lock I love because your damage is constant if you can manage multiple targets easily and know your DoTs and how to soulswap without killing Bane of Doom etc. The numbers are high the spec is engaging, but a little forgiving.
    I love Demo as well, the more I play it the more I like it.
    Most fun spec to play Holy Priest :P

Raid experince:
    All three Warlock specs, been so since Vanilla, raiding consistantly since BC.
    Shadow Priest (can be annoying but not awful) Raided since BC on this guy (mainly disc/holy)
    Elemental Shaman
    Frost and unholy DK
    My GF played a rogue for most of BC and WotLK so I got to witness that early on, but that's not all that relevant anymore.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2011-10-11 at 08:11 PM.

I have experience in every dps spec except hunter and think that sub rogue is by far the hardest one to do well.
    Feral is the second hardest. Someone said that shadow priest has got more dots and stuff to keep track on making them harder than feral, but i think due to the nature of mana and energy management feral is harder anyway.

I'm honestly surprised that destro is rating so highly for so many. Hard casting SF isn't hard to do it's just annoying when you have to. Big difference.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiz View Post
    I honestly have no idea why yall feel demo for locks is so difficult. Its been my main spec for FL and I was destro for the previous 2 tiers. By FAR desro is harder. ISF is a pain in the ass to keep up and anyone who has really raided with that spec knows what I'm talking about. As for other classes I'm not going to get into that poo-slinging fight but as far as locks destro>demo in terms of difficulty to execute.
    If you think demo is easier you're doing it wrong.

Sub rogue and demo lock

I have every class at 85 except rogue, hunter and lock, and honestly, the spec I have the hardest time pulling high dps with is ret. Kinda sad considereing my main was my pally all though wrath.
    Sig thanks to Eis!

FC: 4570-9037-7577 IGN Michael

Any old school rets remember seal twisting? Now that was fun.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklebear View Post
    I have every class at 85 except rogue, hunter and lock, and honestly, the spec I have the hardest time pulling high dps with is ret. Kinda sad considereing my main was my pally all though wrath.
    The hardest to pull high dps with is different from the hardest to play unfortunately, I don't have a paladin but I've heard the grievances about ret being totally about RNG, this thread is mainly to determine the hardest to play, whether or not it is high numbers is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    If you think demo is easier you're doing it wrong.

Sub rogue and demo lock
    Ill be sure to take that into consideration. Or perhaps somethings are harder for other people, or..ya know what how about you just not be a dick?

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    and so why is sub so hard? I have never played a rogue in a raid setting.
    if you energy cap you are screwed, if you use a wrong move once it takes 2 minutes to recover, if you have to switch targets without redirect you are screwed, and a few others that i cant think of right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destro imo is the hardest spec period to execute.

When a wild forum troll appears

No votes for frost mages?

I will do it, Frost mages are hard, especially for those who are used to arcane single button lolfest
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Sub Rogue x 9000...

The problem is not only the almost perfect balance between cooldowns and buff durations (which Feral is very similar tbh). But that if u miss a single thing ur DPS can fall to the basement of the hell. I have gone from 25k with perfect execution to 8k when i loose Recuperate and mess my rotation trying to have everything rolling again.

I dont say is uber hard, but these dps peaks hurt horrible in highly mobile fights and could devastate your DPS if ur Shadowdance / Vanish cooldowns are down.