Double up on Professions?

Atm I have 2 characters available. One is JC / Ench and the other is Herb / Alch. I want to drop herbing for a crafting profession because I just plain never actualy go out and herb. What would be the best prof for him to take?

I'm thinking either Ench or Tailoring but is it not good to double up on a profession?
    Last edited by Corayo; 2011-10-11 at 10:46 PM.

It isn't always bad having a double enchanter. For example both of those toons would be able to get the ring enchants.
    Personally I would go with a different profession. But it is whatever you really want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfe222 View Post
    It isn't always bad having a double enchanter. For example both of those toons would be able to get the ring enchants.
    Personally I would go with a different profession. But it is whatever you really want to do.
    Ring enchants are equal to all other prof bonuses. Unless you're dungeon ninja, second Ench wouldn't do much.

I have made a thread discussing what profs are best to have in multiple copies, give me a moment to dig it up.

inscription is good(you can farm up the mats for it before you drop herb), leatherworking will get you cheaper leg enchants,and BSing will allow you to profit from crafted weapons.

but if the herb/alch is an alt id just stay herb. you can turn a very nice profit on pots these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

if you are cloth wearer go for tailoring...no doubt

Here it is
    The winners are JC and Alch, tailor and ench are on the third place together (but nobody pimping multiple enchanters told what's so good about them).

Soo, either grab a second JC and farm two dailies, or do something non-repeating.

---------- Post added 2011-10-12 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    inscription is good(you can farm up the mats for it before you drop herb), leatherworking will get you cheaper leg enchants,and BSing will allow you to profit from crafted weapons.

but if the herb/alch is an alt id just stay herb. you can turn a very nice profit on pots these days.
    Leg bonuses depend on class and spec. Casters get leg enchants from Tailoring.
    Weapons demand farmed dailies and their demand will drop sharply in 4.3.
    And OP specifically said that he doesn't farm herbs, so herbing is useless.

Seeing as you're saying either enchanting or tailoring, I assume the character in question is a clothie? If so then JCing, Enchanting, Tailoring, Inscription, Engineering, and any of the gathering professions work well for them. Seeing as you don't want to do a gathering profession then that limits you to JCing, Enchanting, Tailoring, Inscription and Engineering.

As far as doubling up on professions goes, there's only really two professions that benefit from that: JCing and Alchemy. JCing because of the daily quest mechanic for getting tokens for recipes and chimera eyes, and Alchemy for transmutation cooldowns. All the rest of the professions don't really benefit from having more than one of in your alt stable. It won't really hurt, but there's other professions that could provide more benefit.

I find that the necessary professions are JCing, Alchemy, and Enchanting. That takes care of your gems for your gear, your flasks and potions, and enchanting your gear. The other professions aren't necessary: you can simply go to someone else to get them to craft stuff for you as and when required. They can be helpful though.

So in short, the only professions you should double up on are JCing and/or Alchemy. Otherwise, you only really need one of them.

Sorry for not clarifying, My warrior is Ench / JC and my mage is Alch / X. I dropped herbalism to level mining, to level JC on my warrior. Then I dropped mining and now need a good crafting profession.

The only reason why I ask if enchanting is worth doubling up on is because I hate doing a dungeon and not being able to DE the za/zg epics that no one needs.
    Last edited by Corayo; 2011-10-12 at 04:07 PM.

What about doubling up on Alchemy then?

Would JC / Alch on main and Ench / Alch on the alt be better the Ench / JC on main and Alch / Tailor on the alt as far as money making goes?