Lord Rhyolith and turning

So my Guild and I are doing our attempts on heroic Rhyolith. But he seems so slugish to turn and when I watched videos from L2R, he seem to turn much better, more fluidly. Is there something we need to know? Like DoT's on the wrong legs making it harder and such things? Thanks in advance.

If I recall correctly it's not so much the dmg as it is the number of hits the legs take. The dmg is needed to take HP down but he will react to more hits. So having melee do the main driving, esp dual wielding classes, helps make him move a bit more. You run into trouble when people are helping dps legs and they don't switch when the driver calls for it.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    If I recall correctly it's not so much the dmg as it is the number of hits the legs take. The dmg is needed to take HP down but he will react to more hits. So having melee do the main driving, esp dual wielding classes, helps make him move a bit more. You run into trouble when people are helping dps legs and they don't switch when the driver calls for it.
    Yeah we are aware it is based on number of hits and not the dmg caused, but it seems he turns so slugish compared to what we saw in videos.

Edit: Typos.
    Last edited by Tabartank; 2011-10-12 at 02:56 AM.

It is also how fast he is getting hit.

Edit: What is your comp? and who do you have on the legs?

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s.-Damage-Done

While not a fully comprehensive test, it did go someway to show it was more dmg done, then # of hits...

To be fair, I made that video and thread in response to this thread, pretty much. I only made a separate thread because this pops up all the time and I don't want to repost the video all the time. I also really need to do more pulls, found a lot of things to fix, even excluding the fact that 6 pulls isn't going to produce very conclusive results.
    However, I did forget to post it here, so thanks for doing so for me .

On topic: I haven't tested it, but Rhyo always seems to turn more strongly for us on heroic than normal, so I don't know what to say about having turning issues in heroic. We have 3 people full time on legs: Myself (feral druid), an enh. shaman, and a fury war. We also have ranged switching if they get a chance between adds, which mostly means the arcane mage switches on occasion and no one else does cause they're all busy. Our biggest problem is turning too hard, even if we split like 2/1.
    Encourage anyone with strong dots to either: dot up the leg that's turning, or dot up both legs, basically just avoid dotting up the wrong leg. I have to do this often, since bleeds are a huge portion of my damage. Also just ensure that everyone on legs is listening to vent and knows what calls mean. For us, a right or left is all of us on one leg, and I (since I do the calls anyway) will switch off if we want a smaller turn, while everyone has an assignment if we're going straight (something like Fury right, enh left, Me multi-dot).
    The only ways I can imagine not being able to turn enough is low dps, in which case you're gonna get owned by superheated anyway, not enough dps assigned to legs, or people ignoring vent calls/no vent calls.