10+ Year Old Account

Question Holy PVP advanced tricks?

Hello Paladin community. I've just recently started healing PVP on my paladin and I feel like I've gotten all the basics down. I feel nigh unkillable in battlegrounds and with the two sprints my mobility is top notch. It feels so wrong yet so right to sit and exorcism an enemy down while they are targeting you and trying so hard to kill you. I picked up a few arena partners to try and cap Conquest and one dropped at the beginning of the match and I lasted the entire 20 minutes against the other team of warrior/shaman (I know /sigh dick move not the point)..

Point is: I know what I'm doing. I've healed PVE before and I picked up the basics for PVP beautifully. What sort of advanced tactics are you holy's doing in PVP that really set you apart? I know to keep Sacrifice up, I played around with denounce offensively and defensively but I don't like that exorcism is in the holy tree, I feel like I can spider sense the interrupts (when I have to cast that is, I'm usually fine with just instants), I use all my CD's available to me (Divine Favor, Avenging Wrath, I love Hand of Sacrifice/Freedom/Protection, my bubble, my Trinket and engi-springs are awesome, et all), I don't run oom often but when I do it's usually still no problem. Hammer of Justice doesn't feel very strong with all the stun removal in the game but it has its uses. I'm just looking for something... more. Am I missing a huge opportunity by not glyphing turn evil? I use the spell, but should it be instant? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!! <3 holy
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Make focus macros for your stun & interrupt.

Cover wings with divine plea or some other effect to stop a mage from stealing it.

I recently started playing a holy pally as well and honestly there doesn't seem to be as much as to do compared to the other healing classes. Off the top of my head though, I'd say utilizing rebuke and seal of justice are some things I never see other holy paladins do. And yea, you really should get the Turn Evil glyph. Nothing beats zapping a DK after he pops lichborne (instant makes it safer vs felhunters as well).

Throw Hand of Sacrifice on a teammate taking damage to make yourself "immune" to soft ccs such as sheep and break fear more easily. Use Hand of Prot to break physical stuns if bubble/trinket is on cooldown. Be ready when a teammate drops to around half to pre-emptively bubble, as the enemy will probably try to hard cc you (i.e. Cyclone) so they can finish off your friend. Pre-kite, pre-kite, pre-kite.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Cover wings with divine plea or some other effect to stop a mage from stealing it.
    Wouldn't using divine plea negate the effect of wings? I'd rather plea when I don't mind taking a 50% healing debuff for mana, and save wings for when I need the throughput increase. I've heard of Hand of Salvation being used to cover wings, should I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    I recently started playing a holy pally as well and honestly there doesn't seem to be as much as to do compared to the other healing classes. Off the top of my head though, I'd say utilizing rebuke and seal of justice are some things I never see other holy paladins do. And yea, you really should get the Turn Evil glyph. Nothing beats zapping a DK after he pops lichborne (instant makes it safer vs felhunters as well).
    I do use rebuke, I enjoy humping other casters and hitting interrupts. I don't think I'd give up seal of insight though for justice. I don't know which glyph I'd give up for turn evil. Reduced mana cost of beacon and cleanse (spells I use constantly in BGs and arena) are great, plus I feel like the divine plea glyph is used more than turn evil.. but maybe that's where skill is involved. What else can you fear with turn evil besides a warlocks/DKs pets and a lichborne'd DK?

Also, I've got my Righteous Defense macro'd into hand of freedom to try and get pets/mirror images on me more often to mess up enemy DPS burns and possibly (luckily) break CC's.. It's off the GCD so I don't notice it. Should I do more of this or less of this?

To everyone else that has replied, these are really helpful suggestions thank you!
    Guatama - Enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Tbh the mage will just take it off you next steal.

Oh, holy....the wings/plea thing is what I use with ret. My bad, illiterate obviously

Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post

Point is: I know what I'm doing. I've healed PVE before and I picked up the basics for PVP beautifully. What sort of advanced tactics are you holy's doing in PVP that really set you apart? I know to keep Sacrifice up, I played around with denounce offensively and defensively but I don't like that exorcism is in the holy tree, I feel like I can spider sense the interrupts (when I have to cast that is, I'm usually fine with just instants), I use all my CD's available to me (Divine Favor, Avenging Wrath, I love Hand of Sacrifice/Freedom/Protection, my bubble, my Trinket and engi-springs are awesome, et all), I don't run oom often but when I do it's usually still no problem. Hammer of Justice doesn't feel very strong with all the stun removal in the game but it has its uses. I'm just looking for something... more. Am I missing a huge opportunity by not glyphing turn evil? I use the spell, but should it be instant? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!! <3 holy
    Hi, ye not glyphing Turn Evil is a bad thing, it's helpful against warlocks-dk teams (especially unholy), as you can fear felhunters/ghouls/gargoyl/dk under lichborn with it, its important for this spell to be instant (basically fearing the felhunter allows you to cast freely if you need to, unless the warlock is being trained - TE might break due to warlock (and therefore his pet, through SL) taking dmg).

Apart from that, this guide I wrote at the very start of season 9 might be a good read for you and other people looking for tips/advices : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1590861?page=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey wow thanks a lot mate!
    Guatama - Enhancement

You're welcome, I'm always happy if I can help.

By the way here is my current armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%a5sh/advanced / http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...idjay/advanced (main/alt)

You'll see I have much more spirit than I wrote in this guide, but that's only because my main focus is 5s. Three's is much more about crit, especially when running melee heavy comps, that requires lots of (burst) healing, and as reliable as possible, which is why crit is so strong for that kind of comp.

3k2 3k3 resilience should be O.K. in 3s for most comps (might be "light" for twos though), while 5s also requires more resilience in case you get swapped to after bubble - very common in that bracket.

Edit : There's only thing left I might try : 65 mastery instead of 50 haste on gloves. I actually like haste but 50 haste is hard to notice, while mastery is a direct "increase" to your heals.. I don't know yet

Kill shadowpriest' appritiations(?) to get a crusader procs, heals like a beast, and you beacon heals 100% for your holy light. With a crit you can top off two people with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is DMC: Tsunami really that awesome? I have it in my bags but I've been using the PVP proc and on-use. If that's the case I think I'll buy the Ruthless on-use trinket and pair it with my card. Yay humans XD

You max Judgements of the pure instead of Protector of the Innocent, is that 3% haste crucial over the self-heal or is it just personal preference? I'm casting lots of instants at the moment.

I also like being a boss in battlegrounds. I'm still looking for a team for RBGs, but probably not until next season.
    Guatama - Enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post
    Is DMC: Tsunami really that awesome? I have it in my bags but I've been using the PVP proc and on-use. If that's the case I think I'll buy the Ruthless on-use trinket and pair it with my card. Yay humans XD

You max Judgements of the pure instead of Protector of the Innocent, is that 3% haste crucial over the self-heal or is it just personal preference? I'm casting lots of instants at the moment.

I also like being a boss in battlegrounds. I'm still looking for a team for RBGs, but probably not until next season.
    Yep tsunami's really good and makes the difference, unless you've got Fall of Mortality (HC) or Shard of Woe. If I were Human I'd pair it with "on use" spell ruthless trinket, and I'd make a macro that would pop it along with wings (as it is our weakest cooldown IMHO).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using the DMC:T now. Initially I needed all the resilience I could get my hands on to stay alive, now that I have more PVP pieces and set bonus' I can really afford to loose all the resil for intellect, which is awesome! I also am using glyph of turn evil and finding all sorts of delightful moments to fear undead and ghoulies.

I really appreciate all the pointers and suggestions, I feel nigh unstoppable in random BGs even with multiple geared DPS on me, it's ridiculous!
    Guatama - Enhancement

Yep and you probably won't have issues getting to 2,2k. Holy paladins are one of the easiest class to reach that rating, it only gets harder around 2,3k where pmuch every comp is warlock/shaman/x, or mage teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Throw Hand of Sacrifice on a teammate taking damage to make yourself "immune" to soft ccs such as sheep and break fear more easily. Use Hand of Prot to break physical stuns if bubble/trinket is on cooldown. Be ready when a teammate drops to around half to pre-emptively bubble, as the enemy will probably try to hard cc you (i.e. Cyclone) so they can finish off your friend. Pre-kite, pre-kite, pre-kite.
    This and use taunt on mage pets when he sheeps. It's epic to break a mages sheep using his own pet if he is stupid enough to let you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapori View Post
    Make focus macros for your stun & interrupt.
    There is a macro that will interrupt focus (if in range) or the closest enemy. I can't copy and paste it right now, but it's not hard to find. Don't use AW and DI at the same time against mage teams (you shouldn't ever anyway), you will lose quickly. Seal of Justice is nearly useless (IMO), you have to melee for the effect to be applied and lose 5% healing... It's just not good anymore. Download either InterruptBar or Juked, don't tunnel anything, you should know every spell that is being cast. Just because your partner is melee doesn't mean you can't bop him. Glyph of cleansing is good.

Practice.

Talking about mage teams, don't forget to rebuff as much as possible (you should be doing it everytime it get dispelled, but it is very important against mage teams), and don't be afraid to cancelaura Divine Favor or Avenging Wrath whenever you hear the mage using spellsteal when these cds are popped.

A frost mage with any of those two cooldowns is a killing machine.