Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How clean is YOUR computer area?

Bored waiting for my PTR copy to actually show up on the PTR I decided to go on a cleaning spree. Took a damp cloth and cleaned everything in sight: Mouse, keyboard, external HD, head-set, speakers, then finished the whole thing off by cleaning the desk everything was sitting on and my monitor (with special cloth and spray I got for Christmas and never, ever, ever use.)

Last time I had such an outburst? November last year, right when I first got my new set-up

Thing is I eat and drink at my computer regularly, and though I do not spill ever, stuff seems to get dirty in some way anyway. By the time I went on this cleaning binge my desk and peripherals looked awefull.

So are you a total slob like me, or do you clean your desk area religiously?

Hmm guess you could also be of the laptop toting folk, but then still, they must get even dirtier!

Deleted
    My area is pretty clean, but my keyboard becomes filthy in record time. After about 3 weeks it becomes unusable and i have to take it apart to clean it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    My area is pretty clean, but my keyboard becomes filthy in record time. After about 3 weeks it becomes unusable and i have to take it apart to clean it.
    Take it apart?! whoa, never went that far. I use the "hold it up side down and shake" method of cleaning large bits out, and that's about it. Damp cloth for shiny keys again, and done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Take it apart?! whoa, never went that far. I use the "hold it up side down and shake" method of cleaning large bits out, and that's about it. Damp cloth for shiny keys again, and done.
    This keyboard is a dirt magnet, it gets trapped behind the keys. I would rather be extra hygienic and clean it properly. It only takes an hour to drip dry.

I.... a mess. I totally need to clean up my "work" area.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    My home desk got slowly out of control. I had packages of batteries, empty soda cans, WoW and StarCraft game boxes, loose CDs and CD Cases, and then all kinds of paperwork. When I wrote a check to pay a bill, I'd write "Pd $$ on DATE with CH###" on the bill and then chuck it in a pile on my desk.

Meh. I cleaned it all up last week so I have actual horizontal space again.

cats and bottles all over my area... http://i.imgur.com/hUJfel.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post

Awww, you win this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Awww, you win this thread.
    Definitly, then again, cats are pretty clean animals, always cleaning themselves, and I'm pretty sure they'd abandon their leisurely place between your board and monitor if it was as dirty as mine (was). :S

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Definitly, then again, cats are pretty clean animals, always cleaning themselves, and I'm pretty sure they'd abandon their leisurely place between your board and monitor if it was as dirty as mine (was). :S
    actually he just lies ontop of anything there... be it a mouse cord, wallet or phone... >_> or important school papers when i had such...

Kitty wins thread!

I haven't cleaned my computer area in 3 weeks.. looks like a bomb dropped... =/

It stays pretty spotless. I don't like things cluttering my desk because it's pretty small. So I keep stuff off of it. I take all my dishes out of there as soon as I'm done with them and bottles/cans are thrown away directly after emptying. Can't stand having them around.

My computer area is dust free zone but all lecture notes, books and devices are spread around. There is chaos on my desk.

Clean as a freshly wiped baby's bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    Clean as a freshly wiped baby's bottom.
    On a totally unrelated note having smelled both today from my lil' nephew and my brand new car

New car smell > Baby wipes smell, though a close call

On my desk right now:

-Water bottle
    -Monitor
    -Keyboard
    -Mouse
    -2 laptops
    -Speakers
    -2 portable hard drives
    -2 textbooks, spiral, pens
    -Chess book

Not so organized here

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Cutest ****ing thing ever.

OT: My area isn't perfect, but not too bad. I have paperwork and miscellaneous crap strewn about my desk.

my area is pretty messy right now, i have a few cd's, a lot of packing info (ordered a few stuff online), phone, wallet, my contact lense stuff and a lot of stuff relating to my dissertation (books, reports etc). oh and rubbish, cans, wrappers and the like.

oh and a bottle of sand

Deleted
    if i tidy mine up, its a mess again in like 2days, cant help it

Very messy tbh, always can't be bothered cleaning it though.