10+ Year Old Account

Possible memory leak (help me pc forum mods, your my only hope)

Alrighty. Long story in shortest form. I play Terraria, and recently had a friend start up a private server all the way over in Washington state (i'm in SC) server has been up and received regular saves and restarts

my problem, is today while trying to load into the world (on about 15 attempts, only one went through) the loading world screen is getting hung up at about 95%. I'm monitoring the memory usage in windows task manager, and one it hits around 95%, the mem usage peaks at around 290,000 k. The mem then proceeds to stop updating, and the world stops loading. I can back out of the screen, and try again.

While writing this, i was able to get in by restarting the game and quickly going through the options to join the world, but still had a few long pause type hang ups in the loading.

Anyone have a clue why this is happening / what it is / how to stop or fix it? Thanks for any and all constructive input.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game already? Could be it's just broken or messed up somehow.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, didnt work much.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I'll defer to a mod, since that's what you requested.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I suppose I'll defer to a mod, since that's what you requested.
    eh, im open to anyone who knows what they are talking about honestly (but you know the PC forum mods are very good at what they do as well)

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orodoth View Post
    eh, im open to anyone who knows what they are talking about honestly (but you know the PC forum mods are very good at what they do as well)
    Honestly if the game is loading up to a certain % and stopping, that sounds like a hard drive issue maybe on some bad blocks or something. You've uninstalled, reinstalled to no avail. Can you install to a different drive, external, usb or something else and try that?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Can you start up a regular single player game of Terraria (a fresh game world)? Terraria has issues with game world corruption after a while of use so it could be that there is an issue with the saved world on the server that is causing your game to have problems when loading it and not on your end.