Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon

8 dungeons in total, with 4 modes for each dungeon. Seeing as you will be side-kicked down to dungeons of lower levels they will remain useful even at 80. So essentially we will have about 32 dungeons at launch. Put into their that even in the dungeons there can be dynamic events and every run will feel a bit different.

I want to emphasize this because I know it is hard to understand, especially after having played WoW for so long. End game isn't gear grind. At least not for stats. For looks yes, but all 80 gear of a particular quality will be the same value and will be capped at that for everyone. So once you get your functional gear, then you go for appearance and get all your skills unlocked. Then it is about maxing crafting if you so wish and mastering your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I am in awe! that is fantastic really!no more ninja loot, no more RNG in progression of character..just one question though...I heard dungeons in cap level will be three..if you can get every piece of gear from every boss then why to go and do it again?I know for fun or help guildies friends but is there any other profit from complete dungeons in end content?

For the other part I am obviously wrong about thiefs and engineers and maybe as someone said they post more on forums :P
    With that said, gear really isn't very important in guild wars 2. You hit the level cap, get the best stat gear pretty quickly, then it becomes an issue of skill. It isn't like WoW where you can out gear content, it's a genuine challenge because of difficulty, not gear.

Any gear that you want beyond that would be for cosmetics.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I just got pawned now

nevermind...I still think from what I ve read on others forums that thiefs/engineers will dominate but maybe 90% was too much..
    This is just a matter of seeing what you're focused on. Things like this happen in real life as well. If you're wife gets pregnant for example you start noticing every single pregnant woman. It doesn't mean that there are suddenly more pregnant woman on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon

8 dungeons in total, with 4 modes for each dungeon. Seeing as you will be side-kicked down to dungeons of lower levels they will remain useful even at 80. So essentially we will have about 32 dungeons at launch. Put into their that even in the dungeons there can be dynamic events and every run will feel a bit different.

I want to emphasize this because I know it is hard to understand, especially after having played WoW for so long. End game isn't gear grind. At least not for stats. For looks yes, but all 80 gear of a particular quality will be the same value and will be capped at that for everyone. So once you get your functional gear, then you go for appearance and get all your skills unlocked. Then it is about maxing crafting if you so wish and mastering your character.
    there won't be 4 modes per dungeon, barely story and exploration modes, the latter including 3 possible paths to clear the said dungeon. quite far from 32 dungeons if you ask me.

back to the topic, i'll probably main an Elementalist as it seems to me that it may require some time to be comfortable with all 4 attunements and weapons combinations, enough to know what i'll prefer running with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    there won't be 4 modes per dungeon, barely story and exploration modes, the latter including 3 possible paths to clear the said dungeon. quite far from 32 dungeons if you ask me.
    1 story mode. 1 explorable mode with 3 different paths including 3 different sets of bosses, enemies and events. That's 4 different ways to do the dungeon, and by extension, 32 different dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Necromancer FTW

I'm having a thief/guardian alt, though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Overpopulation of a certain class won't really matter in this game because it doesn't rely on the balance of the holy trinity. If half of the population play Thief, so what? It'll just mean you'll see more of them running around. You can probably run a dungeon with all Thieves or all Engineers.

P.S. Yes, I'm going Thief and rolling Engi as my main alt. Elementalist also looking good.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2011-10-13 at 10:03 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Statistics don't lie. And with a sample of 2000, the error is negligibly small. Maybe thieves and engineers just post more posts.
    Sure they do. Statistics can be twisted to say whatever the analyst wants them to say. Oh the raw data may be truthful if it was gathered honestly but its still easy to lie with statistics when you draw conclusions from them. Particularly on the internet. I read a quote that sums it up nicely.
    "90% of all statistics presented as arguments on the internet are made up on the spot, this one included"

Polls are fine and all but they still only represent the population that is polled. A sample size of 2000 is quite small when you are talking about potentially millions of potential players worldwide and only represents the population that actually visits a particular forum in this case. If the population of that forum is skewed one way or another from the norm it can still be quite inaccurate. If class A dominated class B in PVP if you posted should class A be nerfed on both forums No would be a clear majority on the class A poll while the class B poll would clearly say yes they should be nerfed. While I doubt theres any significant bias between classes here or on guru and the poll is probably representative of the population you should never assume they are accurate.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Statistics don't lie.
    there's only 3 things in life
    lies
    damn lies
    statistics

^_^
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Overpopulation of a certain class won't really matter in this game because it doesn't rely on the balance of the holy trinity. If half of the population play Thief, so what? It'll just mean you'll see more of them running around. You can probably run a dungeon with all Thieves or all Engineers.

P.S. Yes, I'm going Thief and rolling Engi as my main alt. Elementalist also looking good.
    This is true. I don't mind seeing so many Guardians, Warriors, and Elementalists around, I'll be generous with my Elixir Gun of Happy.

I just got pawned now

nevermind...I still think from what I ve read on others forums that thiefs/engineers will dominate but maybe 90% was too much..
    Umm, what forums are you looking at, and how many people are voting? Cause GWGuru is like, one of THE biggest forums for GW fans, and...MMO Champ is one of the others.

So, based on the 2500 people who voted in the polls on those 2 forums, it sure doesn't look like those 2 classes are gonna dominate, and without proof, I find it hard to believe these other forums have a significantly larger portion of voters backing your claims...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be playing Guardian or Warrior haven't decided which yet, Leaning more towards Guardian.
    Last edited by Lannden; 2011-10-14 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post

ANet stated in the past that they test dungeons with all same class runs as well as mixed groups, to ensure that the content can be tackled by 5 of whatever.

On topic: I'm not 100% sure. I was originally leaning towards Thief or Engy, but now I am torn between Warrior and Necro, with a Guardian alt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Sure they do. Statistics can be twisted to say whatever the analyst wants them to say. Oh the raw data may be truthful if it was gathered honestly but its still easy to lie with statistics when you draw conclusions from them. Particularly on the internet. I read a quote that sums it up nicely.
    "90% of all statistics presented as arguments on the internet are made up on the spot, this one included"

Polls are fine and all but they still only represent the population that is polled. A sample size of 2000 is quite small when you are talking about potentially millions of potential players worldwide and only represents the population that actually visits a particular forum in this case. If the population of that forum is skewed one way or another from the norm it can still be quite inaccurate. If class A dominated class B in PVP if you posted should class A be nerfed on both forums No would be a clear majority on the class A poll while the class B poll would clearly say yes they should be nerfed. While I doubt theres any significant bias between classes here or on guru and the poll is probably representative of the population you should never assume they are accurate.
    I know all about statistics, I just didn't wanted to crit everyone with a wall of text.

While I doubt theres any significant bias between classes here or on guru and the poll is probably representative of the population
    This. The poll on here and the poll on guru are pretty much random. And thus, I found it enough to just post a oneliner.
    Last edited by mmoc3157d46ea6; 2011-10-14 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    I'm going to play a Guardian, thats for sure lol. I always loved "Protection" classes.

And I couldn't say any better than this:

Quote Originally Posted by Xcreed View Post
    This is just a matter of seeing what you're focused on. Things like this happen in real life as well. If you're wife gets pregnant for example you start noticing every single pregnant woman. It doesn't mean that there are suddenly more pregnant woman on earth.
    very very true m8...

for the gear part I didn't know how it was and yes I play wow for a loong time :P but I really care more about look from stats. For example I didn't changed my weapon in paladin "soul blade" with a better one that I also had in my bags crafted because the skin was awful..so yes better looking gear will bring a lot of motivation to me :P better than stats!Also didn't crossed my mind that there will be dynamic events into dungeons and every dungeon may end up different than previous!
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2011-10-14 at 11:10 AM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

From many of the forums ive been through it sounded to me like ele would be the most popular, with thief and engi as close seconds. But i also see alot of people going guardians. Dont see many necros/rangers posting but from multiple diferent surveys ive seen the community seems to be spread quite well among all the classes and races. Hopefully this wont change.

I honestly can not name my main yet, i KNOW ill be making a thief first.....but i also want a war....and an ele.....and a ranger....and a guardian....oh damn....
    Last edited by Blackout15; 2011-10-14 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will make Elementalist as main and Guardian and Thief as secondaries.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    The whole "I only run this for the rewards I get" is a EQ/WoW Mindset that shouldn't apply to why you do them in GW2. The only thing you'll get out of finnishing Exploration mode dungons will be vanity differences. So, gear that is on the same power level but has different looks. And, there might be more than one piece per boss that you're intrested in, we don't know that.
    I don't know about limiting it to EQ/WoW Mindset's, but personally, I like to experience all the content once... maybe twice... Once I know I can surpass the challenges, I'm fine to move on... Sadly, content is never made that fast ; )

-Alamar
    Last edited by AlamarAtMMOC; 2011-10-14 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Silly post appending/duplicating.

Thief will be very popular, but engineer will probably be the least played.