Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soul Fire proccing Impending Doom, a buff to Soul Fire and a cut in the buff to Mastery. How much is this going to mix things up for Demo?

10+ Year Old Account
    All right I'm gonna be the spoiled rich kid brat of the thread and say BOOOOOOOO! F*CK Destro buffs

I bet this means Affli is back to being in last place again like pre 4.1 when tier 11 was pretty much done and I'll have to spec freaking Destro again for 4.3 with Demo off-spec, which means I had a whole glorious 7-ish months to enjoy Affli between gigantic periods of Destro Überness

F. M. L.

WTB E.J. math and SimC results a.s.a.p.

Mechanics question: If Shadowburn is "Shadowflame" damage, does that mean it will get twice the benefit from ISF?

Either way, with a 30% increase to its damage that thing is going to hit HARD.

hope they fix Burning embers procing Wrath of Teracgosa

Updated the OP to reflect the changes between Blizzard's patch notes and the blue post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    I wonder, with the buff to shadowburn will its glyph be taken into consideration to be used?
    i can't see shadowburn taking up imp, conflag, or immolates glyph from there current positions in those slots; ie: required.
    Last edited by helheim; 2011-10-13 at 05:48 PM. Reason: color tags removed
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    hope they fix Burning embers procing Wrath of Teracgosa
    Also this.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's time to finally reach 85 with my warlock.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

These look like massive buffs to Destro. Since it was already fairly close (2 to 4k) in theoretical dps, I suspect it will sim substantially above the other specs now.

I feel the changes address many of the major weaknesses, altho ISF will still be maligned. But with a 20-sec duration, the odds that you can cover it with an Imp proc or Soulburn will be a lot higher. Assuming your Imp basically fires on GCD, you'll average 1.5 procs per 40 seconds. In other words, Imp procs may cover your soul fire needs approx 75% of the time. (In practice Imp procs are absurdly streaky)
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    All right I'm gonna be the spoiled rich kid brat of the thread and say BOOOOOOOO! F*CK Destro buffs

I bet this means Affli is back to being in last place again like pre 4.1 when tier 11 was pretty much done and I'll have to spec freaking Destro again for 4.3 with Demo off-spec, which means I had a whole glorious 7-ish months to enjoy Affli between gigantic periods of Destro Überness

F. M. L.

WTB E.J. math and SimC results a.s.a.p.
    you do realize that there were plenty of posts from reputable warlocks on the feedback thread on official forums w/ affliction locks complaining about SE stacks, etc? i'm sure we'll see some affliction changes as well. have some perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    you do realize that there were plenty of posts from reputable warlocks on the feedback thread on official forums w/ affliction locks complaining about SE stacks, etc? i'm sure we'll see some affliction changes as well. have some perspective.
    I said I was gonna be the spoiled rich kid brat in the thread, we don't do perspective, we just whine that our favourite toy has been taken away

shadowburn will now benefit from cataclysm. Burning embers is key - that was a huge nerf to the spec which hopefuly has been corrected. Will be interesting to see how the sf buff affects execute phase as demo. off to the ptr

This buffs arent on PTR yet

Deleted
    Impending Doom is now also activated by Soul Fire.

An old wish come true.

10+ Year Old Account
    mastery > crit for destro now?

also, imp should be the clear pet of choice for pvp destro now w/ the buffs to burning embers.

::::hugs Destruction spec::::

now please don't run out and start killing mages.
    I would like these buffs to stay.
    You can't have Manslaughter without the Laughter

10+ Year Old Account
    Still doesn't address pvp concerns over Immolate being dispelled, as that's practically a key part of Destruction's dps.

I don't understand why they don't just append a dispel penalty to a deep Destruction talent, and have it do like 10-15k damage or whatever to the dispeller upon dispel. I mean, that is what Warlocks are all about, isn't it; forcing other players to make "moral" choices? /snicker

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by macnuke View Post
    now please don't run out and start killing mages.
    I would like these buffs to stay.
    LOL
    Last edited by Scratches; 2011-10-13 at 06:17 PM.

I can't see demo changing too much overall. Those buffs seem appropriate considering the nerf to doomguard double dipping.

The question will be when to drop MWC in favor of something else, if at all. The changes make it seem like haste will be very attractive for demo, but that single trinket is disproportionately strong. They could of course nerf the trinket, like Shard of Woe, and if that were the case, here I come full haste reforge.

Nice to see Destruction finally has gotten some attention, although the ISF change is not more than a band-aid.

If these go live I can see mastery over taking crit rating.

I also hope Affliction stays competitive with the other specs... But overall as a warlock im pretty happy seeing these buffs since i enjoy all three warlock specs. Affliction is still my favorite though.

No one has mentioned it yet, but im thinking Destro PvP should become slightly more competive at least at the RBG level.
    Burst and execute has been buffed considerably.