Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So I'm looking for more anime to watch.

What I've watched so far (in no particular order):

- No Game No Life
    - Bleach
    - Naruto
    - Death Note
    - Attack on Titan
    - Sword Art Online (in the process of watching, not sure how I feel about it)
    - Gurren Lagann (in the process of watching, not sure how I feel about it)
    - Kill la Kill (in the process of watching, not sure how I feel about it)
    - Code Geass (liked the first season, currently watching the second season)
    - Ghost in the Shell (in the process of watching, not sure how I feel about it)
    - Steins;Gate
    - Robotics;Notes
    - Samurai Champloo
    - Cowboy Bebop (While I loved 'Champloo, oddly, I didn't care for Bebop, after 14 episodes I quit watching)
    - Detective Conan (Currently on season 8)

So, yeah. I'm open to all kinds of anime, and nothing is ''off-limits''.

For me, I care about (in order): good characters > good story > action > ???.
    Black Rock Shooter
    Fullmetal Alchemiest: Brotherhood
    Zetsuen No Tempest
    Hunter x Hunter(2011)
    Mirai Nikki

Those are my favorites in addition to Code Geass and Steins;Gate which you have seen already.
    Black Rock Shooter is pretty short, which makes it pretty nice to squeeze inbetween other stuff. Its also pretty unique compared to other anime i have seen.
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is among those few contenders who get named best anime of all time the most and is an absolute must seen for every anime fan.
    Zetsuen No Tempest has a very compelling story and perhaps the most unique and interesting characters from this list.
    Hunter x Hunter(2011) is a remake from an earlier version, that got cancelt since it came to close to the manga. Also one of the most recommended anime you will find.
    Mirai Nikki is also a must seen, since you will hear about one of the characters (Yuno) in many anime related discussions and is definitly a very good anime, despite the fact, that many people hate the main character since he is.. well a whiny b****.

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Those are my favorites in addition to Code Geass and Steins;Gate which you have seen already.
    I wish I could experience Steins;Gate for the first time again...

Thanks for the recommends. I'll check them out asap.

Deleted
    I wish I could experience Steins;Gate for the first time again...
    You and me both...

Deleted
    I am soon done with Golden Time and it is the first time I am watching that kind of anime. I must say I really really like it The drama mixed with comedy is great. Anyone got any similiar shows?

So I'm looking for more anime to watch.

What I've watched so far (in no particular order):

- No Game No Life
    - Bleach
    - Naruto
    - Death Note
    - Attack on Titan
    - Sword Art Online (in the process of watching, not sure how I feel about it)
    - Gurren Lagann (in the process of watching, not sure how I feel about it)
    - Kill la Kill (in the process of watching, not sure how I feel about it)
    - Code Geass (liked the first season, currently watching the second season)
    - Ghost in the Shell (in the process of watching, not sure how I feel about it)
    - Steins;Gate
    - Robotics;Notes
    - Samurai Champloo
    - Cowboy Bebop (While I loved 'Champloo, oddly, I didn't care for Bebop, after 14 episodes I quit watching)
    - Detective Conan (Currently on season 8)

So, yeah. I'm open to all kinds of anime, and nothing is ''off-limits''.

For me, I care about (in order): good characters > good story > action > ???.
    Bruh, watch http://http://myanimelist.net/anime/263/Hajime_no_Ippo
    You'll thank me later
    Last edited by SUH; 2014-12-12 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What? Was funny as hell, some random immediately referring to her as "goddess"
    Guess I'm some random

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Second that

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Second that
    I just want to say respectfully Kerdoz. I've seen you post in other threads an have never found myself to agree with you on much. Today I got past that cause Ippo. Might i ask fav character? <3
    Guess I'm some random

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    I just want to say respectfully Kerdoz. I've seen you post in other threads an have never found myself to agree with you on much. Today I got past that cause Ippo. Might i ask fav character? <3
    Hahahaha. It is hard, Takamura or Aoki. They are both so f*cking brilliant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQvrax_tSZ8 <-- Hajime no ippo spoilers!!

Guess I'm some random

Deleted
    hahah Aoki! What a man he is! also Best anime ending and best anime song ever?

I'm literally shy of a year being in this hobby. Straight young blood. But I swear on my life BEST SHOUNEN BAR NONE

An I agree, best song ever!
    Guess I'm some random

So, I'm looking at Hajime no Ippo's description on MAL, and I'm not sold. I'm open to trying it, but boxing doesn't do much for me. What makes it a good watch?

So, I'm looking at Hajime no Ippo's description on MAL, and I'm not sold. I'm open to trying it, but boxing doesn't do much for me. What makes it a good watch?
    I can only urge you watch the first three episodes. Since my friend Mario showed me this series just shy of a year ago. I've gone outta my way to show it to several others. NONE of them care for boxing like myself. But 5/6 of them all said they liked it just off the first episode. an 3/5 went on to marathon the series, because of a single line of dialogue in the first episode.

Hell! Imma go rewatch the first three episodes right now!
    Last edited by SUH; 2014-12-12 at 08:57 PM.
    Guess I'm some random

Updated my recommendation charts that may be useful to some of you.

General Anime Recommendations:

http://extrazoom.com/image-24298.html

Standalone Movie Recommendations:

http://i.imgur.com/UJ8OL04.jpg

Deleted
    A late response. But the plot of a bullied shy kid becoming a good fighter shown with epic battles combined with the comedy on the side just make it brilliant. You will laugh so hard it hurt. You will also get the feels several times. I think this is the one that brought me the most laughter and sadness in the same show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    A late response. But the plot of a bullied shy kid becoming a good fighter shown with epic battles combined with the comedy on the side just make it brilliant. You will laugh so hard it hurt. You will also get the feels several times. I think this is the one that brought me the most laughter and sadness in the same show.
    Fair enough. I'll put it on my ever-expanding ''to watch'' list. It's starting to balloon, much like my Steam backlog. Not sure if this is a good thing or not. I think it is...

Anyone know an anime that resembles Tales of the Abyss or FMA? You know, adventure to save the world were strong friendships are built final fantasy type anime? I just finished Tales and it was exactly my cup of tea, although i thirst for more, something to numb the sorrow over parting with the characters in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Anyone know an anime that resembles Tales of the Abyss or FMA? You know, adventure to save the world were strong friendships are built final fantasy type anime? I just finished Tales and it was exactly my cup of tea, although i thirst for more, something to numb the sorrow over parting with the characters in it.
    Try these out for a start.

The Vision of Escaflowne
    Scrapped Princess
    Tsubasa Chronicle
    Utawarerumono

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    Highly appreciated. I've begun slightly on Escaflowne, at first glance it appears slightly different from what I had in mind but I am intruiged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Highly appreciated. I've begun slightly on Escaflowne, at first glance it appears slightly different from what I had in mind but I am intruiged.
    Its a combination of fantasy with saving the world and a fish out of water story. But It's a great anime. And it happens to be Crispin Freeman's favorite anime