Page 60 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I saw that someone earlier mentioned From the New World. That was an amazing and phenomenally intellectual anime that I think everyone should watch.

Hello I'm new to Anime, watched DBZ when I was young but more recently Berserk and Claymore.

I'm looking for an Anime that is like Berserk or Claymore, Dark fantasy set in the same kind of time period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    I'm looking for an Anime that is like Berserk or Claymore, Dark fantasy set in the same kind of time period.
    These hit some of your criteria, though not all. I wouldn't consider any of these as dark as Berserk, but some get close.

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Medieval-type setting, although there are some advanced technology. A reduced human population fighting/defending against man-eating giants.

Fate/Zero - Modern day setting, but involves humans from history, mythology and legends being summoned to the present to battle over the Holy Grail.

Hellsing Ultimate - Modern day setting, but involves supernatural creatures, mostly vampires and ghouls.

Fullmetal Alchemist / Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Set in a not-quite-modern setting, with the exception of very advanced prosthetics. It has a lot more humour than the others I've listed, but when it gets dark, it's dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverRain View Post
    I saw that someone earlier mentioned From the New World. That was an amazing and phenomenally intellectual anime that I think everyone should watch.
    I almost cried with Squealer's last speech.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zachysaurus

cant decide what i should start next. as far as fav genre...cant really say ive got one, but guess i prefer the modern/sci-fi type things (bebop/ghost in the shell, also loved code geass and steins;gate)

Quote Originally Posted by Zachysaurus View Post

cant decide what i should start next. as far as fav genre...cant really say ive got one, but guess i prefer the modern/sci-fi type things (bebop/ghost in the shell, also loved code geass and steins;gate)
    Right off the top of my head - Psycho Pass.
    If you want some more abstract sci-fi, FLCL if you haven't seen it.
    And if you want more supernatural power oriented, try Darker Than Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

My list is somewhat out of date but you might find something in there you like.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/somemangafan

Go watch the two Ghost in the Shell: Arise movies. They are basically about the start of Section 9 and very awesome.

So yea, I just finished the first season of Spice and Wolf...amazing stuff. While I'm trying watching the second one (Funimation and its buffering issues) I do have the feeling that Season 3 isn't happening.

Anything else like it. SnW felt like a breath of fresh air after watching other anime that seem to be filled with cliche's and forced comedy. Other anime's I liked were Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, and Baccano! (Attack on Titan was also enjoyable).

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished Psycho Pass was great 9/10.
    Black Lives Matter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    So yea, I just finished the first season of Spice and Wolf...amazing stuff. While I'm trying watching the second one (Funimation and its buffering issues) I do have the feeling that Season 3 isn't happening.

Anything else like it. SnW felt like a breath of fresh air after watching other anime that seem to be filled with cliche's and forced comedy. Other anime's I liked were Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, and Baccano! (Attack on Titan was also enjoyable).
    it really depends. if you want something that is similar to spice n wolf (economics) i'd recommend maoyu maou yuusha
    if you want a comedy that doesn't seem to be full of cliches look up hataraku maou-sama (its about a demon king from another world who ends up in modern day tokyo, and in order to take over japan he gets a job at "Mgronalds" with the intent of working his way up the corporate ladder, it really is quite funny).

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    it really depends. if you want something that is similar to spice n wolf (economics) i'd recommend maoyu maou yuusha
    if you want a comedy that doesn't seem to be full of cliches look up hataraku maou-sama (its about a demon king from another world who ends up in modern day tokyo, and in order to take over japan he gets a job at "Mgronalds" with the intent of working his way up the corporate ladder, it really is quite funny).
    Will look those up. It was mostly the relationship and witty dialogue that got me hooked. I can't think of a better written character than Holo atm.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

Katanagatari

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Katanagatari
    I'd second that, while it's a completely different setting and story, it has similar great interactions between the 2 main characters.

Hey guys, I am looking for a fantasy action/adventure anime to watch. Here is my MAL list which should have everything: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/4khazmodan

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Hey guys, I am looking for a fantasy action/adventure anime to watch. Here is my MAL list which should have everything: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/4khazmodan
    trying Log Horizon already. hmm.

Hataraku Maou Sama (it's a comedy with fantasy elements).

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    trying Log Horizon already. hmm.

Hataraku Maou Sama (it's a comedy with fantasy elements).
    Yep, watching Log Horizon and loving (almost) every minute of it. Just noticed the Akatsuki sig btw, nice.

Alrighty, I'll give that one a go, thanks.

I just re-watched and reread Rurouni Kenshin entirely, it's my absolute favourite anime.

I don't generally watch them, only occasionally, but now I'm pretty excited about the idea of watching an entirely new one.

My favourites are, for example, rurouni kenshin, death note, jojo's bizarre adventure, full metal alchemist: brotherhood... I'm searching for a more mature anime, which can't be very long (can be still airing tho), that mixes action with a good plot/relations between characters.

So, anyone got any suggestion?

@EDIT:

Would love a good OST ^^
    Last edited by LockyShaman; 2014-03-09 at 11:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LockyShaman View Post
    I just re-watched and reread Rurouni Kenshin entirely, it's my absolute favourite anime.

I don't generally watch them, only occasionally, but now I'm pretty excited about the idea of watching an entirely new one.

My favourites are, for example, rurouni kenshin, death note, jojo's bizarre adventure, full metal alchemist: brotherhood... I'm searching for a more mature anime, which can't be very long (can be still airing tho), that mixes action with a good plot/relations between characters.

So, anyone good any suggestion?
    shingeki no kyojin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LockyShaman View Post

Have you seen the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs, because if not, Tsuiokuhen is really good.

Trigun (26 episodes) is a kind of similar, except it is about a non-killing gunman instead of swordsman. Plot isn't as good (imo).

Fate/Zero (25 episodes) and Code Geass (50 episodes) are both great for action and plot.