Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd rather interrupt an honorable 1v1 than have to listen to "omg r u fcking serious??? dumbass priest just stood there watching me die report them afk AND WHY IS EVERYONE AT LM??? JESUS CHRIST AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO AB no im not talking to you, mage who keeps floating down to bs by himself and dying your the only one whose actually trying IM SO ANGRY MY BALLS HAVE VAGINAS NOW I BLAME OUR AFK PRIEST" for the next 15 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL @ OP

Battlegrounds are all about teamwork. So fuck everyone who thinks they shouldn't assist in a 1on1. I have never ever seen someone NOT assist and it's good that way. There is no place for duels in a battleground, if you want that go duel people in front of Orgrimmar, or go 2v2 arena if you must.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    If you want to duel random people, go do some world pvp.

In BGs I don't care about your duel. I play BGs to win them and if the guy you're fighting absolutely need to die and fast then I'll jump in.

In world pvp however when I see two people fighting I usually don't intervene, especially if the fight is close to a tie (because I hate it when people intervene in my fights especially when they're against a challenging and therefore interesting opponent).

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a war, not a duel. war is dirty. I always assist because my goul in BG is win for my faction, not dueling.

If you're looking for fair duels in BGs, you're looking in the wrong place. >.< If you want fair 1v1 combat, advertise in trade chat that you're looking to duel people; there's bound to be at least one person bored enough to duel you. :P

I love jumping in to Lay on Hands some almost dead hunter teammate getting smashed by whatever class. Must be so annoying to the other guy who has dueled him for a minute finally wearing him down to low health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gombudja View Post
    I love jumping in to Lay on Hands some almost dead hunter teammate getting smashed by whatever class. Must be so annoying to the other guy who has dueled him for a minute finally wearing him down to low health.
    It would be much more annoying to do it on something which takes eons to kill to begin with, such as a blood dk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    I think we are living strange times. It's extremely rare to finish your duel in BGs without either:

- Your enemy being assisted
    - You being assisted

Honestly what the hell is wrong with people?! If they see two players dueling, why do you go and put your ass to the fight?

Rogues and mages are the worst. Usually you are stunlocked from range, or from the shadows.
    Please, let people duel and have their honorable moments!

Regards,
    Hirves
    This person is losing your BGs for you.

BGs are objective based, as ironic as that may be...Arena might be more your style, or find a real ID ally buddy who wants to duel on your server.

from vanilla pvp: stunlock was considered dishonorable and skilless
    now its the only legitimate tactic that ppl employ in pvp.

other dishonorable acts in pvp: lay on hands, army of the dead, battle-rez, thunderhump

This thread needs a /facepalm... really, BG's, TEAM battlegrounds.. I mean.. if you don't understand the concept just from that there's no point trying anymore.

Beside's if your a truely skilled player.. in normal BG's, then 2 or 3 or even 4 v 1 is possible.

Deleted
    I think we are living strange times. It's extremely rare to finish your duel in BGs without either:

- You being assisted

Honestly what the hell is wrong with people?! If they see two players dueling, why do you go and put your ass to the fight?

Rogues and mages are the worst. Usually you are stunlocked from range, or from the shadows.

Regards,
    Hirves
    Usualy i will help cause i want to get that killing blow.. and PWN that

...you are playing a little game. This isn't an actual fight between two actual martial artists or warriors.

Get a grip.

There is never 'honor' - only pixels.

10+ Year Old Account

- You being assisted

Regards,
    Hirves
    If you want to duel.. Duel..

If you're 1v1ing at a base I'd expect the team to help in order to cap/get the flag faster, if you're 1v1ing on a road, gtfo of the BG

Regards,
    SomeWhoContributesToBGs

Oh and just incase, not sure if troll...

I understand what the OP is saying. However, it's unrealistic to think that people are going to pass idly by two players engaged in fierce combat. Generally if I want to 1v1 someone I lure them to some obscure part of the bg where people don't normally go. Luckily though, I play a frost mage so even if it is 1v5 in the enemy's favor I can generally get away pretty much unscathed and sometimes even land a kill or two before I make my exit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    from vanilla pvp: stunlock was considered dishonorable and skilless
    now its the only legitimate tactic that ppl employ in pvp.

other dishonorable acts in pvp: lay on hands, army of the dead, battle-rez, thunderhump
    "list of dishonorable things in pvp:
    - things that make me end up being killed"

15+ Year Old Account
    Because Battlegrounds are for 1vs1, right? Go duel somewhere if you want that... People should jump in to help if nothing else is nessecary (protecting the FC, taking down the EFC or getting the flag from the enemy base). Why would you let your teammate die? It's called a TEAMmate with a reason...
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this thread is locked pretty sure op is troll, made thread then left but yeah

High Overlord Royal of the Light's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- You being assisted

Regards,
    Hirves

You Sir, you are a Troll

by the rage answers I think you are pretty sucsessfull troll

Deleted

- You being assisted

Regards,
    Hirves
    I would like to live in your world where war is fair.

I pvp in bgs to win and have fun. If that means being apart of a 5 v 1 dog pile to take a node or whatever so be it. If a red target gets in range and it wont peel me from a flag or something like that Im going to kill them if they are playing patty cake with somebody else or not. I do go into BGs to duel pistols at dawn over somebodies honor. If you want to 1v1 go stand outside of Org or SW.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."