Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordek View Post
    Epic gem acquisition HAS been explained. Each time a raid boss is killed, EVERY PERSON in the raid will loot THEIR OWN GEODE. You crack open that geode, and it has a chance of dropping epic gems, probably similar to a fire prism (yes, I know prisms don't drop epics, its an ANALOGY). You won't be rolling against other people for epics, but you may want to trade if you get a purple and they get an orange gem.

You'll then take your gem either to a JCer to cut (tip generously, those cuts are hard to learn) or you can put it on the AH for exhorbitant sums of money for all the people who cry and complain about only raiders getting the gems. If you get new armor and don't have an epic gem for it you can *GASP* get a rare gem and upgrade later.

Why is everyone having fits that they won't be able to instantly re-gem all their gear the day 4.3 launches? Should you not have to work at something? You want a free t13 set too?
    I totally agree with you, totally

too much complains, but getting something in the hard and long way is so much more satisfying

^^ Yes for raider but not for casually nor people who on PvP. 100% fair patch that only Raiders get to have epic gems and sell it and control the market. Yup very fair on blizzards part. Why not make it so epic gem cut recpits, LW, BS, Tailor recpits all came from raid boss too, so you know it is fair.

Cool I was hoping they'd use the same tokens in 4.3 as they did in 4.2....I got like 24 of these things saved up
    Also in 4.3 Chaos Orbs are tradeable and I have 130ish of those as well which will make me a shit ton of money
    And the Raid Finder......which I'm REALLY looking forward to
    4.3 is looking badass imo

Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    Also in 4.3 Chaos Orbs are tradeable and I have 130ish of those as well which will make me a shit ton of money
    LOL. I hear this alot in game too. Sorry, but everyone has shit tons of these orbs that will FLOOD the AH on patch day, SATURATING the market, when the demand for the orbs will be LOW.

Because of this, I fully expect vendoring the orbs will make more money than the AH, after the AH fees accrued from your orbs expiring.

---------- Post added 2011-10-16 at 09:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    No I understand how 4 is less than 5, and a faster method of getting every single cut. But there are enough cuts I care exactly zero for (truthfully, would rather not have cluttering up my profession book), that I'm not gonna buy the books..
    Ahh, my mistake then. I also raid and always make sure to have all the cuts I need for my gear. However, jewelcrafting for me is most important to make gold with, not for raiding -- which is why I always have every cut. I used to not have all the designs because I thought that it wouldn't make sense to sell the less than stellar gems. Like you, I use to rationalize what gems people needed and only bought those designs. That was until I found out that stupid cuts were selling for 200g a piece (or whatever), then realized that I needed every cut.
    Last edited by ablib; 2011-10-17 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    LOL. I hear this alot in game too. Sorry, but everyone has shit tons of these orbs that will FLOOD the AH on patch day, SATURATING the market, when the demand for the orbs will be LOW.

Because of this, I fully expect vendoring the orbs will make more money than the AH, after the AH fees accrued from your orbs expiring.[COLOR="red"]
    Depends on your realm. On mine, crafters still charge over 200g per orb. I expect that will continue for a little while.

Lol, your crafting may be charging but no one will pay that. Regardless of server with the amount of people who've been farming, expect them for 100 and lower.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    hmmm +77 is still not high enough, too make up for the stat gain Blacksmiths are going too get.
    or did blizzard implent something that only rare gems can be done in them.

if not JC will get +81 stat, while BS gets +100 (2x50 from sockets) so unless they gonna make +84 (84*3-3*50=102) the two proffesions will be miles in bonus apart.
    This is true. If Blacksmiths are allowed to put the new epic gems in their BS-only sockets they will get a 2x50=100 bonus. My guess is that the BS-only sockets will only accept rare gems to keep with the +80 bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    And alchemists get no buff to their stat modifier this ptr patch so far...least your getting something boosted.
    Other professions are irrelevant, they can still use the new epic gems. We jewelcrafters get our bonus from gems, that's the problem.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, finally my Jewelcrafting will be useful for my guild!

To bad I only have 12 tokens. Better get cracking...