Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well LotRO has a quest helper now, it didn't have anything like that when it came out though. You had to actually read the text and explore to complete the quests. In my opinion that is what an mmo should be like. Anyway, my problem with the game are the terrible character models and the equally terrible combat. I could deal with the character models but not the combat.
    I wouldn't say the combat is terrible. It's pacing is just totally different than for example, WoW has. Like all of the melee attacks being in line with "on next swing" instead of instants.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I wouldn't say the combat is terrible. It's pacing is just totally different than for example, WoW has. Like all of the melee attacks being in line with "on next swing" instead of instants.
    yeah you can even plan your next move as well, so not all horrible. Nice being able to hit my next move to hit once my other move is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    yeah you can even plan your next move as well, so not all horrible. Nice being able to hit my next move to hit once my other move is done.
    That is nice indeed! And since you can queue the abilities up in such way there's always a certain flow going on and you can much better plan out what you will do instead of twitch games like WoW
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    That is nice indeed! And since you can queue the abilities up in such way there's always a certain flow going on and you can much better plan out what you will do instead of twitch games like WoW
    I suppose I just prefer twitch gameplay so something like what LotRO has does irritate me. I did enjoy everything else about the game though (although I wasn't that hot on Moria).

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I suppose I just prefer twitch gameplay so something like what LotRO has does irritate me. I did enjoy everything else about the game though (although I wasn't that hot on Moria).
    Yeah I can't get myself out of Moria either D: , I will eventually just being a slacker.

It's alright for awhile. Not enough people play it though. By the time I got level 25, I was basically in a zone by myself. And that sucks, because a lot of quests need a group to complete.