Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Same goes for me as with the guy above.

Thanks alot for the pointers Lohe, really helped me out!

I'm still quite new to the whole DPS thing. I have DPS'd in the past, but never on a serious level where I actually bothered to look into anything.

Once more, thanks to everyone who replied!

//Tahrok

Deleted

well in 5seconds i found:
    deadly calm usage
    executioner uptime
    no heroic leap which should be on cd
    dont have time for more for now sry

Arrow

Log of last night(N.Ultraxion):
    www . worldoflogs.com/reports/hgee4u1xd1ew4muc/sum/damageDone/?s=3579&e=3845

Finally a satisfactory result.
    Thanks Lohe <3

I was recently asked to switch mains from my Enh Shaman to, my original main, my Arms Warrior. I was pretty excited to do so, except he was in large need of gear. Actually the only piece that came out of LFR/DS was a replacement for my 384 helm >.> loot gods make fun of me. I was wondering if you all can help an ex-arms warrior 2 x pacs removed find his former glory. I understand I'm missing landslide/50 str to gloves, they weren't too big of a deal to me since I won't be stepping foot in heroics until my gear is up to my shamans level.
    I was actually semi-satisfied with the Ultraxion encounter ( i did not try on Blackhorn/spine please refrain from looking at those abominations) however my madness dps was much lower than i thought it should be. I know i didn't have the best cooldown usage (it's alot different than popping wolves on cd) but I was hoping all of you intelligent warriors out there could help =D. I cannot post any links as of yet but my guild name is Nocturnal and the night of attempts I took part on are 2-3-2012 Armory info: Dagonfel realm: Uldum. Sorry I couldn't make it easier =P
    Thank you for any help you all are able to provide.

My guild is slowly trying to progress on HMs and I go Arms for most of the solo tank fights. Last night we had our best attempt at H. Yor'sajh, getting him to about 23% or so before we hit the berserk. This tells me that we have major DPS issues, and I'm not exempt from that despite us having crappy RNG in loot and me having to deal with two other plate melee MS that take the lion's share of drops.

Here's the log from our best attempt last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=5431&e=6051

Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I don't get how I'm only pulling 23.5k - I seem to be following the priority system correctly, the only deviation I make is I will sometimes use a Shout in place of a Slam since I still have my 2pc T12 bonus. Apart from that it seems to only be a gear issue, which I have no control over. Any suggestions?

Also as Prot I can only manage ~15k on Ultraxion when supposedly it should be closer to 20k minimum. Again, following the system almost flawlessly, maybe a little slow on hitting Shield Block once in a while. Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=9309&e=9603

I'm really trying to figure out how to improve because I hate feeling like I'm holding my group back - our other raid team recently killed both H Yor'sajh and H Ultraxion so I'm trying to see what our group is doing wrong.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    My guild is slowly trying to progress on HMs and I go Arms for most of the solo tank fights. Last night we had our best attempt at H. Yor'sajh, getting him to about 23% or so before we hit the berserk. This tells me that we have major DPS issues, and I'm not exempt from that despite us having crappy RNG in loot and me having to deal with two other plate melee MS that take the lion's share of drops.

Here's the log from our best attempt last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=5431&e=6051

Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I don't get how I'm only pulling 23.5k - I seem to be following the priority system correctly, the only deviation I make is I will sometimes use a Shout in place of a Slam since I still have my 2pc T12 bonus. Apart from that it seems to only be a gear issue, which I have no control over. Any suggestions?

Also as Prot I can only manage ~15k on Ultraxion when supposedly it should be closer to 20k minimum. Again, following the system almost flawlessly, maybe a little slow on hitting Shield Block once in a while. Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=9309&e=9603

I'm really trying to figure out how to improve because I hate feeling like I'm holding my group back - our other raid team recently killed both H Yor'sajh and H Ultraxion so I'm trying to see what our group is doing wrong.
    Hey Arothand, while I'd wait for Lohe to go over all the log stuff, I can give you some tips on a better spec for heroic Yorsahj. This is just from personal experience (I haven't even killed him yet ) but i would take 2 points out of incite, putting them in blood & thunder. Also you should change your slam glyph for the bladestorm glyph for this particular fight, as bladestorm will be up for nearly every time black phase comes up when you use it right.

Another thing is you have Avalanche on your weapon, I'd suggest Landslide as it is the best enchant for us. There's probably more but I'm not the best person to be analyzing your log so I won't

Yeah, I know about the enchant. I'm hoping that I can get a Gurthalak really soon (I'm next in line lol) so I kind of don't want to spend 2k gold on Landslide when I'll be replacing my Sulfuras as quick as I can. Thanks for the other suggestions though

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, been a bit lost in FFXIII-2 recently. Time for some replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrius View Post
    You're not using MS enough, you're definitely not using Slam enough.
    You should use Heroic Leap for dps. Use it between GCDs when Colossus Smash is on the target.
    At one point you were slow with using your Sudden Death proc and because of it a proc got wasted (due to a reproc).
    You also overwrote a 4t13 proc with a manual CSmash.

You should use both Inner Rage and Berserker Rage more often.
    You're not using Deadly Calm or your Synapse Springs as often as you could.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagonfel View Post
    my guild name is Nocturnal and the night of attempts I took part on are 2-3-2012 Armory info: Dagonfel realm: Uldum. Sorry I couldn't make it easier =P
    Thank you for any help you all are able to provide.
    I looked over the Ultraxion kill.
    You're not using MS and Slam enough. MS is probably a result of not pressing you buttons hard/fast enough. Slam is
    likely a result of either prioritizing wrong or rage starving yourself because of using HS too aggressively.
    Heroic Leap is off the GCD so you can use it for free dps. Use it during Colossus Smash.

You need to need to use Berserker Rage more often. It doubles the rage gained from taking damage. On Ultraxion this is
    a fairly big deal. You also didn't use Deadly Calm at all.
    Seeing as you have 2t12 you should be using Shouts more to trigger it. It is just above slam in the priority list.
    Recklessness was just used randomly in the middle of the fight. Unless you can use it twice save it for the Execute phase.
    You wasted a couple of Sudden Death procs, try to avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post

Yor'sahj is a really terrible fight to use to dissect performance because there are so many variables to take into account.
    Take the glyph/spec advice from rickOz, both of those changes are invaluable for Yor'sahj.

Hopefully you don't mind but I'll be using your Zon'ozz normal log instead because it's pure turreting (almost).
    Most problems people have on other fights really boil down to two things:
    1. What mistakes do I make when I basically only have to focus on dps?
    2. What additional mistakes do I make when I have to adapt to a situation and pay attention to other things?

And don't worry, I'm cutting out the part that is after your death :P
    Anyway, there's a lot you can fix here. For starters you use both MS, OP and Slam way too little. (GCD usage is very low overall)
    As an example here you gained Taste for Blood 33 times but only used OP 22 times.
    You are using Heroic Leap (though not as much as you could, and you wouldn't use it for dps on Yor anyway) but
    it doesn't seem to be doing as much damage as it should. Is Colossus Smash on the target when you use it? It should be.
    Don't EVER use Heroic Throw in melee range. It is a dps loss as it resets your swing timer.

You could use Berserker Rage a bit more than you're doing.
    You lost two Sudden Death procs because you didn't use them fast enough.
    I feel you should be able to utilize Inner Rage better. 2 times is really not enough. Zon'ozz doesn't have as much incoming
    damage as Ultraxion does but 2 is still way low.
    Big cooldowns (Reck/DC/Apparatus) could be used way better.
    Saving cooldowns for when he starts taking more damage obviously makes the cooldowns stronger but be very careful
    when you do this. If saving the cooldown means that you will only use it once instead of twice during the fight then don't
    save it, use it early so you can use it more.
    There is also little reason not to couple Apparatus and Deadly Calm together since they're on the same CD and you don't
    want to use Apparatus and Reck at the same time anyway (and DC can't be used together with Reck). The exception
    would be the very start since you don't want to use Apparatus until you have 5 stacks. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure on
    the ideal pull with Apparatus as Arms.
    Reck is used at a weird time. If you can only use it once in a fight it should be in the Execute phase.

I feel like I've missed something big here. I was thinking about it and then it was just gone from my head. If you feel I
    missed something in particular feel free to yell at me.

Thanks for the help I'm still kind of learning Arms, and I get messed up a little due to my stance dancing macros, so any and all advice is good to know

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=6047&e=6406
    new more recent log just wanna see if its improved / got worse
    character name jaeco http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jaeco/advanced

Deleted
    Yay, I'm back already!

Been workin hard to improve my DPS, both setting-up UI tools to improve my gameplay and researching deeper into things I've been doing wrong/haven't been doing at all.

So we tried some Ultraxion HC tonight and I felt like I performed rather well (esp considering my time played as DPS and that I'm lower geared than my fellow teammates).
    Here's the log for the fight that went best for us (aka longest ;p ), unfortunatley we didn't kill him 'cause of stupid mistakes :c (sorry, getting off topic):

LOG

Now, some fights during the night I did some mistakes on that I could find my larger mistakes on my own and figure out what not to do.
    However, this fight I felt that I great and I'm having a hard time finding anything that I could've improved on. However, I do feel like my DPS is a bit low even considering my gear and I was hoping to be closer to 40k even though the simulations I've done puts me at 37k.

One thing that I am considering is that I might not be using Slams potential, I might've done a bit more damage if I had done just a few less Heroic Strikes and tried to pop another slam in here and there. It's rather hard for me to test right now however and I'd like to hear your opinions. Maybe even point out some other mistakes/s that I've not been seeing myself.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Thanks Lohe and everyone else who's been helping me with questions/research on this forum, much appreciated and I'm amazed there's so many awesome people who feel like spending some time helping out poor nabs like me
    Last edited by mmoc2c206b66ec; 2012-02-06 at 02:42 AM.

First i want to say that this is my OS, and ive followed the arms guide step by step. Simcraft is pretty clear that i sould be able to push 42-43k dps on a fight like ultraxion. (on LFR i think my best is 34k, and way way way below max) Sadly im normally tanking, wich is why i lack the 4 set bonus. I dpsed on zon'ozz, Hagaraa and Madness today. Our hunter/shaman is usualy higher, but just recived a new appartment and had tons of disconnects.

Simcraft is pretty clear that my dps should be among the highest in the raid, apart from maybe our hunter wich was testing his BM spec when i were running the simcrafts.

I use the priorities listed in the arms post, and even do the execute ones the way im told. I always try to heroic leap when its off cooldown and time it with a CS. Try to time my zerker rage with incomming damage etc. I only go to zerker when blowing bladestorm, simply because last time i used it with MS my dps dropped rather then increase. (home and world ms is around 30-40ms) It feels like im losing globals even when stance dancing. I know stance dancing all the way can improve dps futher, but atm im 8k below my max. (wich is far more then the 4-5% gained by proper stance dancing)

Any tips on improvements would be realy realy great.

www DOT worldoflogs DOT com/reports/t7sri3xx9pcoiv4k/

And my char:
    eu DOT battle DOT net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Varima/simple

Tips on my char would be awsome aswell, but im aware that i have a bad proffesion and lack DS epic gems.

Seems like im not allowed to post webadresses yet!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exblithion View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=6047&e=6406
    new more recent log just wanna see if its improved / got worse
    character name jaeco http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jaeco/advanced
    The problems with MS and CS I mentioned last time are still there, everything else looks much better.
    You could still try to fit Heroic Leap in there as well.

Don't use Heroic Throw, just don't do it. It resets your swing timer, it is a dps loss to use it.
    Other than that I'll have to say you've improved much, good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Hybridpsycho View Post
    One thing that I am considering is that I might not be using Slams potential, I might've done a bit more damage if I had done just a few less Heroic Strikes and tried to pop another slam in here and there. It's rather hard for me to test right now however and I'd like to hear your opinions. Maybe even point out some other mistakes/s that I've not been seeing myself.
    MS usage has improved since last time, it could still be quite a bit better.
    As you're pointing out, you're not using anywhere near enough Slams right now. Don't rage starve yourself with HS, you need to have enough rage for everything else.
    I still feel you can use IR/BR more than you're doing now.
    Ultraxion on Heroic WILL last for over 5 minutes, you should be getting two recks in, once in the start and once during the execute phase. Checking the log browser I can see that you are pre-potting even if it doesn't show in "buffs gained". You should aim to fit both Deadly Calm and Recklessness inside the duration of that pre-pot in the start and then do the same with your second potion at the end of the fight.

You've started using Heroic Leap, that's great! However, you're supposed to use it when Colossus Smash is on the target, in this log two out of four Heroic Leaps hit the boss when CS was not on him.

Quote Originally Posted by DominianEu View Post
    Alrighty! I'll be looking at the Zon'ozz log because out of the fights you played as Arms that is the best one to analyze.
    Outside Execute range you hit the boss with MS roughly every 5.7 seconds. MS is your highest priority ability and has
    a cooldown of 4.5 seconds, using it every 5.7 seconds is just not good enough (fixing this is a large dps gain)
    Slam and OP looks alright, Slam could be a bit better than it is.
    You're doing a good job with Leap, you actually used it outside the CS debuff once though.
    Colossus Smash usage looks good.

Executioner fell off once, avoid that.
    Depending on how long your kills usually are on this boss you may want to delay your second DC for a bit so you can
    have both Reck and DC inside your second potion.
    You only activated your 2t12 bonus twice, should be used at least 4 times. (It takes priority over Slam, but nothing else)
    You only used Berserker Rage once, it should be used much more.

Regarding your armory, you should spec out of Blood Craze and get Battle Trance.
    On Zon'ozz, Hagara and Madness combined Blood Craze did ~6000 healing, it's really not worth it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hybridpsycho View Post
    PS: Thanks Lohe and everyone else who's been helping me with questions/research on this forum, much appreciated and I'm amazed there's so many awesome people who feel like spending some time helping out poor nabs like me
    I just love telling people what they're doing wrong, at least here it is appreciated
    Last edited by Siri; 2012-02-08 at 03:25 AM.

I need help with my ultrax dps on all versions of the fight for my gear i feel i should be pulling more dps.

here is my armory link and logs.

........us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Interface/simple

..........worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p80iv8awyimez6t4/sum/damageDone/?s=93&e=332#Interface

im looking for advanced tips mostly i know there are things i can work on.
    Last edited by Mysteriousblackguy; 2012-02-08 at 09:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteriousblackguy View Post
    I need help with my ultrax dps on all versions of the fight for my gear i feel i should be pulling more dps.

here is my armory link and logs.

........us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Interface/simple

..........worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p80iv8awyimez6t4/sum/damageDone/?s=93&e=332#Interface

im looking for advanced tips mostly i know there are things i can work on.
    You seem to have it mostly down, there's a few things I'd focus on:
    1. See if you can't get more Heroic Strikes out, it seems like a bit of a low amount for a fight like Ultraxion.
    2. Start using Heroic Leap for damage, use it between GCDs when Colossus Smash is on the target.
    3. Work on syncing up your dps cooldowns better. In the start half your Reck was outside the duration of the pre-pot.
    In a fight of this length Reck should also be at the end, during the Execute phase. This is admittedly not a problem on
    heroic since you get two Recks but you did state it was for all versions of the fight.

It is better to use Blood Fury during Reck than DC, if you're only going to use it twice anyway one of those times
    should be during Reck. At the end of the fight you would ideally use Golemblood + DC, when DC has 3 seconds remaining
    you use Blood Fury, when DC ends you use Reck.

Cooldowns are so very dependant on expected fight length and such so it is hard to give better general advice than
    "Sync them up as good as you can without losing uses because you delayed them at some point".
    If you're not using something to monitor the ICD of proc trinkets you should get that. If DC just got off CD and Creche
    is off it's ICD in 10 seconds you should wait with using DC until Creche procs (but only as long as it doesn't cause you
    to lose a use over the course of the fight because you ended up waiting too long).
    Personally I use ExtraCD but there's a bunch of addons out there that can do this for you.

Edit:
    Also, you overwrote your 4t13 bonus with a manual CS a couple of times.

Deleted
    This is admittedly not a problem on
    heroic since you get two Recks but you did state it was for all versions of the fight.
    Only got 1 Reck this week

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherea View Post
    Only got 1 Reck this week
    I guess very well progressed guilds do that now but the person I replied to has not killed Ultraxion on Heroic yet and I'm fairly sure no one is going to pull a first kill that is that short (at least not until the raid debuff stacks higher )

Thanks for the tip's greatly apreciated. So on a fight where i will only be able to use reck once i should almost always wait till execute phase to use?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteriousblackguy View Post
    Thanks for the tip's greatly apreciated. So on a fight where i will only be able to use reck once i should almost always wait till execute phase to use?
    Yes, definitely.
    Except if the healers start bitching about that extra damage taken.