Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Save your CD's for the first pool. Your 3m CD's will be up by the time the third pool comes up. You really need to decide for yourself when to use them again but depending on how fast your groups DPS is, you will want to save your next set until he is sub 20% and your in a pool.

Pro tip: Do not run out of the water as soon as you get Ionization. Instead watch the buff tick down and heroic leap out of the pool when it has ~3 seconds left, pop defensive stance when it blows then get back in for more damage before lightning storm. Alternately you can use DBTS and Zerker stance the ionization for more rage, but I prefer to play safe and save the CD for dancing in lightning storm.
    Just make sure your guildies know not to dispel you inside the pool!
    Thx for all the feedbacks !
    Yep, i doing this already ^^. The biggest issue i have against him is how to survive the storm... My healers and officers were "bullying" me for dying so many times on storm (r25) because i kept going with the other melee on jinrokh. event if DBTS or SW active...

Any tips on the other boss? Ji-kun for exemple ? Many Warrior use bladestorm, but i dont get the use of it. the Eggs die fast enough (at least in r25) so i prefer to keep DR and use it while i got the nutri buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terkhal View Post
    Thx for all the feedbacks !
    Yep, i doing this already ^^. The biggest issue i have against him is how to survive the storm... My healers and officers were "bullying" me for dying so many times on storm (r25) because i kept going with the other melee on jinrokh. event if DBTS or SW active...

Any tips on the other boss? Ji-kun for exemple ? Many Warrior use bladestorm, but i dont get the use of it. the Eggs die fast enough (at least in r25) so i prefer to keep DR and use it while i got the nutri buff.
    Whenever you're flying out of a nest, wait until there's 3-4 seconds left until the next feed young is cast, then fly up and grab that feed young before your feather runs out, since you'll be using it anyway. This is only viable if there's less than 20 or so seconds until the next cast though.

Hey guys, just wondering if you could give me some pointers about the warrior in my group, and how he could improve. I'm fairly sure that most improvements will be due to some playstyle choices rather than gearing/gemming, which is much harder for me to figure out!

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Khaz%27goroth/Dunroan/advanced
    Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/qcizssrdsztcudjk

He's the warrior, obviously :P
    Thanks so much in advance guys, it's greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Lycosa; 2013-06-10 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thecamel55 View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering if you could give me some pointers about the warrior in my group, and how he could improve. I'm fairly sure that most improvements will be due to some playstyle choices rather than gearing/gemming, which is much harder for me to figure out!

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Khaz%27goroth/Dunroan/advanced
    Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/qcizssrdsztcudjk

He's the warrior, obviously :P
    Thanks so much in advance guys, it's greatly appreciated
    Reforge/Gem: Too much hit. He needs to look into ways to better prioritize his stats. IE: His weaps should probably have 2x 320 crit gems given that he is already 2% over hit. (not a big deal)

Talents: Drop avatar, get bloodblath. (a bit of a bigger deal)

Enrage: His enrage uptime is rather low, around 60%. Average is usually around 70-75% with the better players being able to keep it up around 80% of the time. This is a pretty major dmg difference.

Raging Blow: He is using regularly, but I noticed that the uptime of the Raging Blow buff is pretty low, meaning that he probably isn't saving them for when colossus smash is up, and is not getting 2-3 raging blows in per smash.

Trinket: I thought I remember someone mentioning that the Spark trinket was just terrible for Fury, to the pt you are better off with trinkets from the previous tier. I would have this replaced ASAP.

Transmog: No one who is that ugly could pull decent numbers #sharpdressedman

Morning everyone!

Long-time Fury Warrior here, just recently got back to playing my Warrior for the first time since normal clearing ToT back when it first came out. I had to sit my Warrior due to my guild breaking up and a lot of guilds on my server not looking for a Fury Warrior or Melee DPS for that matter. I've gotten lucky and have found a guild for my main since Vanilla and last night was the first time raiding with him in quite a while. I was wondering if any of the more experienced Fury Warriors could give me some advice on what I could improve. I feel like my Enrage/Raging Blow uptime looked pretty good, but other than that I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for. I'm behind in terms of gear so I'm not exactly worried about my DPS itself, just making sure that I'm doing things correctly.

worldoflogs.com/reports/99b7vg11hey9lwt3/

Grimex is my Warrior if it wasn't obvious. Here's a link to the armory as well.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Grimex/advanced

P.S. Is there anywhere that has a recommended boss/mechanic list of when to be in Berserker Stance? I've seen a few of the tricks here and there but as far as I could search there hasn't been a comprehensive list of where Berserker Stance would be a greater asset in rage generation. Thanks all!

Deleted
    Hello,
    I recently rolled a warrior and have started raiding with it in my guilds main group now. Considering my gear I'm pulling pathetic numbers and I'm wondering if there's any really big thing I'm doing wrong. Our most recent raid can be found at worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-g1ia35a2q0yc9n1b/ and I'm the warrior Snyggjan.
    Armory link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Snyggjan/advanced
    My gear improved a bit after the raid, I had 524 or 525 ilvl but the same weps and trinkets.

To the poster above me:
    I found this post quite useful regarding the use of berserker stance: mmo-champion.com/threads/1183331-Mists-Fury-Warrior-Guide?p=21380391&viewfull=1#post21380391

Deleted
    Your numbers look quite decent given your offhand (+it's enchant), no legendary meta and no feather.

Only really noticeable thing to me: after your death' you seem to have some serious problems to get back into the game. On Durumu totally messed up, enrage uptime (=berserker rage usage) and cooldown usage was horrible, missed a whole cooldown phase (2 instead of 3 avatar/reck/banner combos) and your final potion. And on Qon you couldn't keep up with your raid at all.

This might have something to do with the second part of your post: i wouldn't recommend sitting in berserker stance that much. Of course it's strong on ie Ra-Den last phase or during Rampage on Megaera but it looks like you try to get to much out of it and overcomplicating things. Talked to a friend of mine just yesterday and he said he prefers playing the easier but always manageable 95% potential play than a 100% play, because when you screw that up ever so slightly you'll end up somewhere in the 80-85% ballpark. But if you're actually after the 100% then you should also start working on your heroic leap (into colossus) to add quite a bit of free dps

Deleted
    Hello Warriors,

Can you help me out with a quick analysis of our Fury Warrior, Borringo. He has item level 531 and is the best geared player in our raid, but is quite low on damage. I'm hoping you have some advice that I can forward to him?

Durumu - He's just on the boss for this whole fight.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11000&e=11340

Lei Shen
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2511&e=3011

Armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ringo/advanced

Thanks!

Deleted
    Sometimes one picture tells more than 1.000 words...

Bloodthirst has 4.5 seconds cooldown, just have a look at the time differences between the applications. Each time he hits the ability he has a way higher chance to crit compared to all his other skills (exactly twice as much), netting him more enrage uptime, Raging Blow charges and so on. That's downdraft cascade he's facing due to delaying it by one, often times two GCDs. If he just hits the ability every 5 seconds (which he won't, but to give you an idea) he'd get 68 bloodthirsts out in your kill (340 seconds) - he only managed to dish out 47, measly 70% of what's possible.

If he can't use his rotation properly while moving he should reconsider his keybindings.

But now for the bummer, he didn't use skull banner???! What the heck? It's not only a huge dps buff for him given the 4 piece he's wearing but also a huge dps increase for your whole raid. In fact he only used it twice on all your kills but seven times on trash, i really don't get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Sometimes one picture tells more than 1.000 words...

Bloodthirst has 4.5 seconds cooldown, just have a look at the time differences between the applications. Each time he hits the ability he has a way higher chance to crit compared to all his other skills (exactly twice as much), netting him more enrage uptime, Raging Blow charges and so on. That's downdraft cascade he's facing due to delaying it by one, often times two GCDs. If he just hits the ability every 5 seconds (which he won't, but to give you an idea) he'd get 68 bloodthirsts out in your kill (340 seconds) - he only managed to dish out 47, measly 70% of what's possible.

If he can't use his rotation properly while moving he should reconsider his keybindings.

But now for the bummer, he didn't use skull banner???! What the heck? It's not only a huge dps buff for him given the 4 piece he's wearing but also a huge dps increase for your whole raid. In fact he only used it twice on all your kills but seven times on trash, i really don't get it.
    Thanks for the tips! I know something isn't right, and he's aware of it. I just don't know enough about Fury Warriors to tell him what he's doing wrong. I'd be happy for some more suggestions before I bring this to him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Your numbers look quite decent given your offhand (+it's enchant), no legendary meta and no feather.

Only really noticeable thing to me: after your death' you seem to have some serious problems to get back into the game. On Durumu totally messed up, enrage uptime (=berserker rage usage) and cooldown usage was horrible, missed a whole cooldown phase (2 instead of 3 avatar/reck/banner combos) and your final potion. And on Qon you couldn't keep up with your raid at all.

This might have something to do with the second part of your post: i wouldn't recommend sitting in berserker stance that much. Of course it's strong on ie Ra-Den last phase or during Rampage on Megaera but it looks like you try to get to much out of it and overcomplicating things. Talked to a friend of mine just yesterday and he said he prefers playing the easier but always manageable 95% potential play than a 100% play, because when you screw that up ever so slightly you'll end up somewhere in the 80-85% ballpark. But if you're actually after the 100% then you should also start working on your heroic leap (into colossus) to add quite a bit of free dps
    Nice, thanks alot. I've swapped around my gear to work in a normal feather (seems it will produce better numbers than the 535 rage I used before it).

If anyone else wants to have a go at my logs, feel free

Hey guys! Recently I've been noticing I'm the lowest DPS in my group so i did an LFR and was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. Thanks in advance

Armoury: us .battle.net /wow/en/character/frostmourne/Meanbrogreen/simple
    WoL: .worldoflogs .com/reports/4u1eebo1snb2957n/?s=1936&e=2238

Deleted
    Get a socket into your offhand, think about putting Dancing steel on it. What's with your reforging and gemming? ie: offhand gem exp/crit to strength/crit, pants blue gem from pure crit to crit/hit. Hit above stylecap (7.5%) is still worth *some* dps while expertise above softcap (also 7.5%) is only worth something when your positioning is off. And as long as you wear both feather and any other +hit item (you have 5) you'll most likely not get down to a reasonable level.

Use more Berserker Rage (3 times over 5 minutes with only 75% enrage uptime on #1, 7 times over almost 9 minutes with only 65% enrage uptime on #2). On Jin'Rokh you were spot on with cs/bloodthirst usage, the other fights are no good comparison basis due both being helter/skelter aoe fights. Sadly u missed two opportunities to use Dragon Roar and Bloodbath and that trend continued on Horridon. I'm not to sure about Council and your Dragon Roar usage, looks like you delayed it for 20 seconds after the start and another 30+ seconds somewhere in between. But some real logs can give a better impression because you know about the fight length before the pull, can time your cooldowns better and so on.

Ps: you missed your second potion on Horridon

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently having issues with my dps and I cannot seem to figure out what is going on. It starts with my opener not being as high as it should be and follows with how far down I drop in dps after the initial burst, which I feel I should be able to hold up more than I am rather than it dropping me to the bottom of the meters. I am starting to get benched more for our other melee which is a Unholy DK and Ret Pally when I should be able to pull more.

What I am looking for:
    -Good Burst rotation with my trinket setup
    -How to better maintain my dps during CD down time
    -How to optimize the use of my trinkets

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Snuglz/simple

Durumu Heroic: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p86mq04oikuf4e1p/sum/damageDone/?s=2169&e=2612
    Megaera Heroic: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pxvuqd1v1r55a6wh/sum/damageDone/?s=8008&e=8416
    Horridon Heroic: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pxvuqd1v1r55a6wh/sum/damageDone/?s=1568&e=2133
    Tortos Heroic: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pxvuqd1v1r55a6wh/sum/damageDone/?s=4867&e=5149
    Council Heroic: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pxvuqd1v1r55a6wh/sum/damageDone/?s=4052&e=4444

This was from this past Tue's Raid. I feel like I am not seeing as high of numbers as I should be and any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Snuglz; 2013-06-20 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    I am currently having issues with my dps and I cannot seem to figure out what is going on. It starts with my opener not being as high as it should be and follows with how far down I drop in dps after the initial burst, which I feel I should be able to hold up more than I am rather than it dropping me to the bottom of the meters. I am starting to get benched more for our other melee which is a Unholy DK and Ret Pally when I should be able to pull more.

What I am looking for:
    -Good Burst rotation with my trinket setup
    -How to better maintain my dps during CD down time
    -How to optimize the use of my trinkets

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Snuglz/simple

Durumu Heroic: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p86mq04oikuf4e1p/sum/damageDone/?s=2169&e=2612
    Megaera Heroic: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pxvuqd1v1r55a6wh/sum/damageDone/?s=8008&e=8416
    Horridon Heroic: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pxvuqd1v1r55a6wh/sum/damageDone/?s=1568&e=2133
    Tortos Heroic: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pxvuqd1v1r55a6wh/sum/damageDone/?s=4867&e=5149
    Council Heroic: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pxvuqd1v1r55a6wh/sum/damageDone/?s=4052&e=4444

This was from this past Tue's Raid. I feel like I am not seeing as high of numbers as I should be and any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Add me in game or on skype Davidlv4. It'll be easier to answer everything over voice than doing another full write up lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Add me in game or on skype Davidlv4. It'll be easier to answer everything over voice than doing another full write up lol.
    Add me at snugglz#1339. i checked to see if u were online and didnt see you. And i dont have skype

Deleted
    Hello! I'd love if someone took a look at our prot warrior's dps. Tanks are currently very competetive in their dps, so I would like to know what makes his damage be so terrible.

This is his armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oiznl/advanced

As you can see, his weapons are currently quite good. I was tanking this weeks Jin'Rokh as a guardian tank (ilvl 524 weapon), and I had to stop even melee hitting the boss after he taunted, as those + my legendary meta would have pulled aggro. This is not only a horrible dps loss (which becomes important with bosses further in the instance), but also a survivability loss, as I couldn't use my Maul procs.

Here is the log for Jin'Rokh: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...e/?s=478&e=784

Feel free to browse through our logs and look at a boss from last week.
    Thx in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Hello! I'd love if someone took a look at our prot warrior's dps. Tanks are currently very competetive in their dps, so I would like to know what makes his damage be so terrible.

This is his armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oiznl/advanced

As you can see, his weapons are currently quite good. I was tanking this weeks Jin'Rokh as a guardian tank (ilvl 524 weapon), and I had to stop even melee hitting the boss after he taunted, as those + my legendary meta would have pulled aggro. This is not only a horrible dps loss (which becomes important with bosses further in the instance), but also a survivability loss, as I couldn't use my Maul procs.

Here is the log for Jin'Rokh: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...e/?s=478&e=784

Feel free to browse through our logs and look at a boss from last week.
    Thx in advance
    I'm 99% sure he is gemming wrong for one. Also IIRC Avatar>SB for prot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Hello Karlzone,

he's basically doing wrong pretty much in every aspect. He's miles away from both hit&expertise cap (he should aim for 15% exp hardcap), he's stacking avoidance and he doesn't even have Hold the Line glyph (maybe he logged off after some soloing or gimmic boss?). Dragon Roar + Bloodbath is the way he should go for fights that doesn't need Shockwave's aoe stun.

He should:
    Reach hit cap (7,5%) and exp hardcap (15%), he can't afford any miss/dodge/parry on his primary rage generator such as Slam or Revenge.
    Gem mastery/exp-mastery for 10m, stam/exp-stam for 25m.
    Glyph Hold the Line for revenge damage boost.
    Switch talents to Dragonroar+Bloodbath for better single target damage

P.S. The Animus Trinket is...really really bad for warriors and probably any other tanking class this tier
    Last edited by mmoc20519e4b99; 2013-06-21 at 12:41 PM.

Karl, Check out:

raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/thunderhorn/noiznl/

You can see which percentile he ranked dps wise against the rest of the world that submitted logs..

You can also see that he went from being around rank 40-60 percentile back at the beginning of the year.. up until the end of January ( T14). Then there was a gap and then they drop right off to the 8-10 percentile in T15...

I dunno. Looks like maybe he got bought. And he should definitely read any guide on warrior tanking. they ALL say to cap expertise and softcap hit. Its universal. This toon is a mess