Page 39 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It'd be better if you had some from meg or durumu or IQ.
    Thanks for your reply. The same report should have Meg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehpounderer View Post
    Gentlemen (and ladies?),

I'm a guild officer and I need some assistance if possible. I have two warriors that are way farther apart on the meter than I think they should be. Any input would be appreciated. We really want to help the low guy bring his dps up.

Sorry can't post links yet.

worldoflogs dot com/reports/rt-hp6opgjptvcsxj8j/sum/damageDone/?s=2957&e=3657 - Logs from Horridon(H) this week

us.battle dot net/wow/en/character/eonar/Massacre/advanced - Armory link for Massacre
    us.battle dot net/wow/en/character/eonar/Darkripper/advanced - Armory link for Darkripper

raidbots dot com/comparebot/51f03aef74254e6a6b0003fb#damage - Comparebot analysis of their two logs

Massacre has worked with Darkripper and we've some improvement but not enough. Any advice?
    I've done a bit of looking at your Megaera logs for you two warriors, and I found a couple things Darkripper could work on.

First of all, he's at a significant gear disadvantage to Massacre, with 4% less crit chance and 12 less equipped ilvl. He (Dark) got ripped off on his executes, with only 2 of 21 critting (Single Minded Fury warriors are the highest execute class in the game, it's where we make up a good chunk of dps). So part of the disparity is RNG and part of it is gear, but I found one thing that isn't reliant on gear.

Let's take a look at how many times Massacre cast Bloodthirst and how many times Darkripper did. Massacre got in 51 BTs and Dark got in 44. Delaying Bloodthirst is almost never worth it, as although the damage itself isn't brilliant, we need those Raging Blow procs and we need to keep Enrage up. Only exception is during execute phase Colossus Smash window, you can delay BT if you're still keeping Enrage up with Berserker Rage.

The other major difference between the two is how many times Raging Blow was cast. Dark had 32 RB procs from BT and CS crits. He cast Raging Blow 34 times, meaning he is being incredibly efficient with getting his RB procs used, and is making use of his 2-piece bonus as well. This is good.

Massacre was obviously cheesing the meter here, with Whirlwind casts and Raging Blow hits on the Frozen Head, as well as making sure every one of his Dragon Roars hit two heads. This is further shown by his 14% of overall damage being done to the Frozen Head.

Overall, Dark missed 7 possible BT casts, which isn't ideal but honestly it looks like a pretty decent log to me. Massacre has more gear and he's cheesing the meter.

Also, I would tell Dark to drop the Recklessness glyph. It can sometimes be alright to use it when you have multiple warriors staggering their Skull Banners, but I would still say it's best to focus our cooldowns during the Colossus Smash window.

Hope that helps.

I have a little issue on my warrior, I don't expect much considering her item level but I would like to do more damage. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rrior/advanced I believe I'm doing the rotation correctly, Should I not expect anything great until better trinkets/ring and weapon... Or will I just not do much until higher item level overall?

Thanks for the input. Exactly the kind of help I needed. We usually have 3-4 warriors coordinating shattering and banners. Reckless glyph ok now or still dump it?

Honestly I haven't read enough to know whether it's worth using with staggered Skull Banners or not. But given the fact that warriors don't separate their Reck and Skull Banner when they get 4-piece (effectively making 2 Recks instead of one mega-Reck), it makes me feel like keeping Reck unglyphed might still be better. Either way, I don't think it's a massive handicap if it's wrong.

Also keep in mind Dark might have had to run out for Cinders and thats why he missed a few BT. He seems to be doing alright if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    So weird to read about someone else being called dark.

Just wanted to drop in and thank you all again for the help.

Hi guys.

Posting logs of heroic Tortos, Ji-Kun, Primordius, Qon and Twins.

Why is this

split into two?

Armory here (only got the legendary cape today, and I mean to fix the gem in my legs. That was a quick fix on the weekend)

8/13 h at the moment, I'm pretty comfortable with my rotation... but I'm concerned that I'm underusing RB and not saving enough for execute phases. Probably other problems as well. And on the lookout for any ways I might be missing to extract extra DPS through mechanics, things like getting Meat Cleaver stacks ready for Tortos turtle spawns or anything clever with Twins adds, I dunno.

I'm finding I'm losing competitiveness with the other DPS in our group, and I'm not sure if that's just fury being where it is at the moment or me missing things.

Also happy to talk fury stuff in game or on Skype if anyone's keen

- I'm using my cooldowns with bladestorm on tortos gives about 30-40k higher personal dps, not sure if it's actually better depends if you want more damage on the bats or on tortos. Also there is 2:15 between your 2nd & 3rd bladestorm instead of just 1:30 you can get 4 instead of 3 bladestorms in if you decide to kill the last set of bats with a ~6 min kill.
    - For Jikun you can fit 2x CS into the 30sec nutrient buff.
    - Your Iron Qon kill was a bit of a mess first CS parried while you start getting scorch debuffs only 20 secs later and also 2 misses from the frost shield I assume, not sure what went wrong with the arcing lightning but that should never be on melee besides after the storm when it just times out by itself.
    - Twins can get the rotation a bit tighter there is a delay on the 4th, 6th and 8th CS while I would only expect it for inferno's. And 2nd bloodbath and 4th CS don't line up completely. 10:07 fight can have 27 CS (assuming 22,5 sec in between) I would expect 23-24 and you have only 20.

Hope it helps and the logs is just that the person uploaded it in 2 times instead of in once I guess
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-07-31 at 09:49 AM.

Hey guys i feel like i could be pulling better numbers. Any tips? All help is appreciated

Opener: Prepot - Charge - BT - CDs(banner,bloodbath,synapsesprings,dragonroar,reck) - enrage - CS - then rotation

Rotation - BT - CS - RB - BT - RB - RB with heroic strikes and leap inbetween GCD
    i try to line up my CDs with CS.

worldoflogs com/reports/rt-6m0xcqk33iy4plkm/details/18/
    worldoflogs com/reports/rt-zxcrjxsfpsli04m8/details/4/

armory link - us.battle net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Kodeine/advanced

Heroic onehanders and feather trinket would be an upgrade over your normal 2H and primordius trinket, use some coins on jinrokh/tortos/jikun

Your opener is wrong check out the fury guide you're wasting reck on dragonroar since it always crits. It should be BT>RB>DR+cds>BT>CS+reck>RB>BT>RB>RB>BT>and put some damage in these last 2 gcds while reck is up, beserker rage if the first BT doesn't crit it will be back up for the 2nd CS again. IF you get the feather trinket wait 2 BTs for it to proc and use the alternative opener in the guide.

I'm not quite sure about the nest rotation on 25man jikun but 2 primal nutrients seems low for a 7 min fight and you can fit 2x CS into the 30 sec buff. Save cds for the last nutrient for some juicy executes. Durumu its almost not worth switching to red adds if you do normal mode if you do whirlwind/RBcleave works. Horridon don't get hit by your add and don't forget using bloodbath/CS, its way too low. Check aoe rotation in the guide.
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-07-31 at 10:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    Heroic onehanders and feather trinket would be an upgrade over your normal 2H and primordius trinket, use some coins on jinrokh/tortos/jikun

Your opener is wrong check out the fury guide you're wasting reck on dragonroar since it always crits. It should be BT>RB>DR+cds>BT>CS+reck>RB>BT>RB>RB>BT>and put some damage in these last 2 gcds while reck is up, beserker rage if the first BT doesn't crit it will be back up for the 2nd CS again. IF you get the feather trinket wait 2 BTs for it to proc and use the alternative opener in the guide.

I'm not quite sure about the nest rotation on 25man jikun but 2 primal nutrients seems low for a 7 min fight and you can fit 2x CS into the 30 sec buff. Save cds for the last nutrient for some juicy executes. Durumu its almost not worth switching to red adds if you do normal mode if you do whirlwind/RBcleave works. Horridon don't get hit by your add and don't forget using bloodbath/CS, its way too low. Check aoe rotation in the guide.
    That's actually a pretty poor opener for feather or without it.

Without feather:

BT-Free-Free-BT-CDs/DR-Reck/CS/HL/HSx4-RB(if 2 stacks or BT if not)-BT-RB-RB-BT-RB.

If both opening BT crit, drop the RB after CDs but before Reck/CS (w/ 4p and reck, CS has like a 90% chance to crit so wasted RB charge otherwise.)

Generally if everything crits I'll use berserker rage to drop an extra RB inside SB too.

It's the opener from the fury guide but with reck 1 gcd later cause of the 4set and RB as first filler pretty basic really. I often regret using berserker rage there when stuff doesn't crit on my 2nd CS but your opener does have 1 extra RB potentially.

I still drop my Dragon Roar immediately after the CS window in my opener (with cooldowns rolling) since it will still benefit from Bloodbath and my Skull Banner. I also don't pool very much rage for my 2nd CS window as I'd rather make sure to fill any empty globals while Bloodbath is still up. 30% damage bonus from Bloodbath > Colossus Smash debuff, so use every possible global while it's active (and your target will live long enough to receive the entire DoT).

Deleted
    Okay, I recently transferred to join a heroic raiding guild and while the majority of the raid group is about 15-20 ilevels above me (only guessing), I feel I'm not performing up to par. I'm aware there are better gearing choices, but this is what I've had access to, and yes I use coins every week, I just have terrible luck. I'm looking for factual evidence why one thing might be better than another, not personal opinions. No recent logs that I'm aware of. Also My fps plummets on pull due to everyone unloading. I can't link my armory as I've not posted anything in here enough times. I'm the only Herkyouleez though. Thanks in advance.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uleez/advanced
    Get sockets in your weapons, the feather trinket from jikun it's awesome. I like the 4set but heroic tf offset pieces are on par so depends what's available. And I'm sure you're working on the cloak and lets hope you get some hc 1handers to drop.

Deleted
    Hello fellow warrior's

Im mainly tanking, but sometimes i get to dps with my fury wich is not perfectly geared but that might be not the point.
    I have that problem that i cant finish with decent dps, most of the time its around 130k.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Sankaba/simple - Armory my ilevel with fury is 536
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-krcnxc6tlcm7wkj3/details/8/ - Sunday raid, check only iron qon and durumu as only there i was dpsing.

For the gear as you can see some of the gems are matery, becouse my tanking gear overlaps with offspec dpsing gear.
    Gonna switch gaze to ji-kun trinket, and regem for crit.

My opening goes like: shout, pre-pot, charge, leap, shattering throw, bloodthrist, > collosus and just blow everything i got at the boss (Dragon roar before bloodbath fades)

I would appreciate any suggestions and stuff.

Thanks in advance

So ... I suppose before I start I should say that I only do LFRs and the occasional 5 man as group content. Nonetheless, I don't want to be below what could reasonably be expected of me.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Harazi/simple

I just started trying single minded fury the other day, after having been TG for quite some time, to see if my overall damage would be higher.

As of late, I top out at about 92k dps. It's intensely disappointing to be in LFRs and 5 mans and see people going well over 100k, sometimes approaching 200k. Simulationcraft seems to be telling me my current potential is a bit over 105k.

Problem is, I sincerely have no idea what I'm missing or doing wrong. I'm not sure what else I could be doing on rotation (pooling rage/abilities for colossus smash, Using shattering throw immediately before mixed cooldowns/colossus smash, lining up Blood Bath which Dragon Roar for larger bleed ticks, so on and so forth). I assume I'm doing it right. I do find myself wondering a few things (raging blow proc immediately after CS fades, use or save for next CS, for example) ...

It all comes back to, I feel I'm not performing up to my potential. Progression be damned, I still want to be the best I can be, and I am absolutely flummoxed on how to do that. Better gear (not sure what I can do about that right now)? Macros? I don't use alot of keybinds (maybe 13 total, I click everything else as needed, any more keybinds and I'd start getting lost and losing my place on the keyboard).

Hey warriors

I think im in a pretty good spot with gear / reforge / gems / dps. But i want to be better. I wanna take my DPS to the next level. Please help me. I know some of the warriors here are alot better than me. I not only wanna know what i can do better but how i can research on my own to get better. I currently use askmyrobot for reforge. Ive attmpted simcraft but i dont get how to make it improve my dps. (noob)

Character name : Teerian

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Teerian/simple
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7ncmpc4zm4gq9wre/

Good morning everyone!

I've been at this grindstone for quite a while at this point, but in the most recent expansion I've found myself falling further and further behind the rest of my guild's dps in heroic progression raids. It's at the point where there are days when I have to whisper the tank and give him a nice 'ol "Good job on your dps on that one... wish I was doing that well." Which... hurts... a lot. I have poured over as many resources as I can get my hands on and feel that I'm following the rotations and priorities as appropriate through the guides available here and on other sites. I've gotten in contact with a few people on these forums to discuss what I can do better and I'm not sure if I'm failing or if it's a gear issue or... what.

Caveat: My gear is about 10-12 ilvls behind the rest of my guild - I have to travel a lot for work and that means I missed out on a lot of things when we started progressing on heroics - also no heroic or thunderforged weapon drops for me so far (1 or 2 hand. In fact, I've only ever seen one 1h drop so far in Tot, even on normal. Thankfully 2h's have been nicer to me, but we just cleared council the other week for the firs time (without me) and as such I haven't had a chance to come up dry from that wellspring of weaponry, either.)

As such, below I am linking my armory, as well as the most recent logs I have available. We don't usually record these, but I made a point to get the last couple nights I was in for the few fights I was around for. If there is any further information which would be helpful in remedying my woeful situation, please let me know and I shall do my best to provide.

worldoflogs.com/guilds/145185/ -Qon and Twins and a few fights from last night should be the most recent (all this week)
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gorefiend/Beatrice/advanced

I'm mostly trying to find out if what I'm doing is wrong or can be improved notably or if I'm simply behind as a function of gear (I assume at worst it is both because well... I AM behind on gear... but I want to know if that's the greater issue at hand or not.)

Thank you for any and all help you can provide!