Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nerocell View Post
    hi guys, i am warrior fury 562 ilvl.
    here is my char eu. battle. net/ wow/en/character/kaelthas/Setsura/advanced

i have an issue with my character optimization. I generally use Ask mr robot for reforge/gem etc ... 2 days ago i got Garrosh axe warforged (Xal'atoh).
    So i equiped it and try to optimize my char with that weapon.

AMR told me to go for 7.50 / 6.50 expertise. i didnt do it, i don't want too loose the off hand soft cap expertise.
    Actually in my bag, i have the Sha sword 561, and the nazgrim weapon 561.

i really don't know what weapon should i use with my off hand, and i don't know if i should follow AMR suggest.
    Do you know what should i do ? and how to configure AMR to have my soft cap with my off hand ?

ps: i am really sorry for my english. i did my best
    It tries to get you to go 7.50/6.50 because of Axe Specialization, you are an orc. Change your AMR race in the settings to a race without any expertise racials, like Pandaren. It's a DPS loss every time I've simmed it to go 7.5/6.5 instead of 8.5/7.5.

As for your second question, go Xal'atoh in the main hand and Greatsword of Pride's Fall in the offhand. Sword is actually very close to the mace in terms of dps(as far as I know, I heard this somewhere. I just simmed it and it appears that for you, they are quite literally 100 dps apart) but you are on the lower side of crit, so if you're anything like me you'd want all the crit Hope this helps.

Deleted
    I got some advice from darkfiend a couple of weeks ago and I'd like to think I've improved since then. So I'm posting some logs again asking where else I can improve etc. Looking for any advice at all TBH.

Here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cayse/advanced

WoL logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rppybx0ehssw14e8/

I only did the fights I needed gear from this week so I'm only in Protectors/Norushen/Shamans (I'm prot in shamans anyway so that doesn't really matter)

10+ Year Old Account
    FRIEND FRIEND FRIEND.

/rant.

/hug

/slap archi cuz he's fat (although not as fat as jalopy)

Friend, Fiend, it's a matter of opinion you Lord of Dark'ness.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

To Neronis Thanks you for helping me

To vecayse
    Hello, i am not a pro at analyzing WoL . I want try to help you! Maybe some pro could correct me if i am wrong and add more idea.

So in Protector you used CS 20 times and SB only 17 times and Heroic strike only 59 times. I am not sure about that, but you have HC eyes of galakras, you should have 20 cs and 20 sb i guess, Also heroic Strike you are supposed to use 5 heroic strike per CS in a perfect situation, it is protector so i am not sure about that.
    You used Bladestorm on protector and it is "only" 7.3 % of your dps. Do you use it with Enrage, on sun phase, on 2 target+ ? on CD if u don't have to save it for another Aoe phase?

On norushen you used Cs 11 times and Sb 11 times, that good ! But your heroic strike is only 34.
    i think you should use more Heroic strike on cs windows. I usually do 5 HS per cs:
    CS + HS ( 0.25 delay for the debuff apply on the target)
    RB + HS
    BT + HS
    SB + HS
    RB + HS
    With the 2p t16 i can do it easy.
    Hey you should do sha and galakras to get WF sword and WF galakras (really usefull)

i give my advices. It is not the best, i know. Maybe some pro will give you better advice and correct me ! Bye

ps : Sorry for my poor english
    Last edited by nerocell; 2014-04-18 at 10:23 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips nerocell. For protectors my guild doesn't stack them up the entire time so the only times I get to use bladestorm is

1. on the pull with all CDs trinkets BL etc,

2. During Sun's phase with the adds (and yes I make sure I am enraged and have berserker rage to extend the enrage)

3. If they're close to equal health at around 10% or so and I have an opportunity to use BS then I do (Don't think I had that opportunity this fight though)

Also thanks for the HS tips I don't actually use HS when I use CS and thinking about it I don't know why I didn't do it before so yeah I'll start doing that.

Also I'm not sure if this is the correct way but with HC EEoG after CS the first ability I use is SB because If I do it later in the CS window the cooldowns seem to stop lining up.

Deleted
    Hey I have a quick question about bladestorm on single target if someone would take a minute to answer.

I use this opening: BT>Filler>Filler>BT>(Cooldowns)CS>Filler>BT>SB>Filler>BT>BS

Is it correct to use BS where I use it? And if I dont crit with the BT before, is it still worth it?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Hey I have a quick question about bladestorm on single target if someone would take a minute to answer.

I use this opening: BT>Filler>Filler>BT>(Cooldowns)CS>Filler>BT>SB>Filler>BT>BS

Is it correct to use BS where I use it? And if I dont crit with the BT before, is it still worth it?

Thanks.
    First off, don't hit BS if you aren't enraged. If the BT before didn't crit, that is what berserker rage is for, so you can hit that and hit BS.

As for when to use BS ST, basically as you had listed, right after a CS phase ends. If it's the opener and trinkets/pot etc are up I delay it an extra BT cycle, so basically BT-RB-Fill-BT-CS-RB-BT-SB-RB-BT-RB-RB-BT-BS. That way you get in a few more HS and 2x RB with everything up. Otherwise just hit it right after a CS phase ends.

Quote Originally Posted by vecayse View Post
    Also I'm not sure if this is the correct way but with HC EEoG after CS the first ability I use is SB because If I do it later in the CS window the cooldowns seem to stop lining up.
    BT-CS-SB-BT-RB-RB the problem if you do that is : if your CS crit then you will waste a RB proc. If you don't have the eyes of galakras WF you have to sometimes delay CS (by 1 gcd) to make SB always line up with CS.

10+ Year Old Account
    BT-CS-SB-BT-RB-RB the problem if you do that is : if your CS crit then you will waste a RB proc. If you don't have the eyes of galakras WF you have to sometimes delay CS (by 1 gcd) to make SB always line up with CS.
    Technically you don't delay CS by 1 GCD, since doing so desyncs everything. You either need to delay BT and CS by 1 GCD, or wait an extra BT cycle.

Deleted
    Well it depends It's like If the CS doesn't crit (meaning I go in to the CS phase with 1 RB proc) it goes a little something like this BT-CS-SB-RB-BT-RB. If they both crit I end up with an extra RB after CS ends (is this what you mean by "waste" an rb proc?) Or do you mean have 2 procs already and then hitting CS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    First off, don't hit BS if you aren't enraged. If the BT before didn't crit, that is what berserker rage is for, so you can hit that and hit BS.

As for when to use BS ST, basically as you had listed, right after a CS phase ends. If it's the opener and trinkets/pot etc are up I delay it an extra BT cycle, so basically BT-RB-Fill-BT-CS-RB-BT-SB-RB-BT-RB-RB-BT-BS. That way you get in a few more HS and 2x RB with everything up. Otherwise just hit it right after a CS phase ends.
    Thank you for the reply.

So if BT doesnt crit and BR isnt up, I dont cast Bladestorm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

So if BT doesnt crit and BR isnt up, I dont cast Bladestorm?
    Got it in one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Hello. Need some help here.

I'm new to simcraft and I think I did it right for my warrior. Now, my question is, this is a simulation of a Patchwerk-style fight, correct? And this tier, Iron Juggernaut is as close as it gets?

If above statements are correct, then please help me optimize. Pretty sure my rotation is sub-optimal, which is why my simulated dps of 319k dps is so far from my latest Iron Juggernaut dps of 265k dps.

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...e/?s=235&e=574
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aahmi/advanced (just got boots last night after this fight. Was using 528 Wolf-Rider spurs)

Rip me apart please. Thanks in advance.

Hello need some huge general help here for Garrosh and how to play fury to its max in general.

Kuma on runetotem for my armorey. cant post link but the notable things are i have Normal thok trinket, HF Galkras, HF Thok polearm and H Sword offhand

I've tanked all my life since vanilla and never ever dps'd a tier except for farm and just random fun. We are working on garrosh. We decided that a warrior would better and our druid tank doesn't like dpsing and said I'd do better.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/YGTXRzJF9VKmrvqc (cant post link gotta put the www) These are our logs from when we started solo tanking. Am honestly just doing things i've kinda absorbed from word of mouth and my previous experiences.

I have a million questions of just basic tips and tricks but am sure everyone will be able to point them out right away.

For my cs window it is (going in with 1 charge of course) CS>RB>BT>RB>SB of course spamming dat heroic strike as well. Is this the correct cs window rotation?

For the pull my openers much different then i assume what a regular opener is. Here it's just PrePot>Charge>BT>Cs>Rb>BT>Rb>SB then when adds come thats when i wreck banner berserking and bladestorm.

Were doing more today if hes not dead I'll post the logs to.

Also theres a few logs where i just die on pull or near pull in case anyones wondering.
    Last edited by Kumad; 2014-04-20 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumad View Post
    For my cs window it is (going in with 1 charge of course) CS>RB>BT>RB>SB of course spamming dat heroic strike as well. Is this the correct cs window rotation?

For the pull my openers much different then i assume what a regular opener is. Here it's just PrePot>Charge>BT>Cs>Rb>BT>Rb>SB then when adds come thats when i wreck banner berserking and bladestorm.
    Hello, the thing i can say is : don't do SB in last when you do a CS rotation. you should do cs-rb-bt-SB-rb. SB isnt "melee spell" it make time to travel from you to the target, So you have a chance the Cs debuff run out before the SB hit the target. And you don't have the WF eyes of galakras, that mean SB don't line up perfectly with CS.

Hmm, i didn't try HM garrosh but i don't think, on opener, you shouldn't use all your CD dps for Bladestorm ? maybe if you want do rank ? but in progress you should your CD for garrosh ? no ? maybe? i guess you should lol !

On your opener if you do Charge Bt > CS, your trinket usually don't have time to proc. Sometimes I usually do bt-filler-filler-bt-cs-etc.. to let my trinket proc.

Maybe it can help you. Meanwhile a pro help you !

ps: i use google traduction, i do my best with my english! <i talk english very good>

Hello, the thing i can say is : don't do SB in last when you do a CS rotation. you should do cs-rb-bt-SB-rb. SB isnt "melee spell" it make time to travel from you to the target, So you have a chance the Cs debuff run out before the SB hit the target. And you don't have the WF eyes of galakras, that mean SB don't line up perfectly with CS.

Hmm, i didn't try HM garrosh but i don't think, on opener, you shouldn't use all your CD dps for Bladestorm ? maybe if you want do rank ? but in progress you should your CD for garrosh ? no ? maybe? i guess you should lol !

On your opener if you do Charge Bt > CS, your trinket usually don't have time to proc. Sometimes I usually do bt-filler-filler-bt-cs-etc.. to let my trinket proc.

Maybe it can help you. Meanwhile a pro help you !

ps: i use google traduction, i do my best with my english! <i talk english very good>
    You were perfectly understandable, and correct.

As for Garrosh, you are correct. AoE on the adds is easy if you only want to damage them down enough for the Iron Star to kill them. Bladestorm will cover that mark easily.
    If you need ST, use your CD's on the pull. If you don't need the ST, go ahead and throw it on AoE.

Perhaps this is a silly question and I'm overlooking something trivial, but i read somewhere that in order to increase AoE dps (for example on immerseus), it is useful to put down mocking banner so they all adds clump up at the same spot.

This sounds like a very good idea, but wouldn't that aggro the boss as well and result in my death?

Mocking Banner can't taunt boss level mobs.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    Perhaps this is a silly question and I'm overlooking something trivial, but i read somewhere that in order to increase AoE dps (for example on immerseus), it is useful to put down mocking banner so they all adds clump up at the same spot.

This sounds like a very good idea, but wouldn't that aggro the boss as well and result in my death?
    You also can use DBTS and since Mocking banner is an aura a cancel aura macro, although that won't change threat levels, just the taunt aspect. It's potentially useful on HM thok, for example, and bats.