Page 24 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    what other guy hehe and could you be more specific thank you

485 Fury Warrior
    Hm Feng
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1902&e=2382

I was wondering if you guys could see what I could to do to improve my dps overall. Here are my logs from hm feng.

Hello guys,
    looking for advice for next VP gear purchases...
    Armory-link

At the moment I've got 1500 VP, so would be able to - for example - purchase the Shieldwall trinket next tomorrow. I also could replace the PvP-ring..
    What should I go for?

So I'm tring to use simc and wowreforge to be as optimal as as I can, but not sure if I'm doing it right. Currently I import my toon into simc, check off analyze hit/crit/haste/mastery, turn it up to 10000 iteriations and I get:
    Crit > hit > Mastery > Haste
    2.29 > 1.87 > 1.36 > .81
    so then I would go to wowreforge and put in over cap weight of 1.87 which woul give me :
    wowreforge . (com) ?template=for:Warrior-Fury,Hit=2550+:1.87,Exp=2550+,Exp:5.85,Hit:5.85,Haste:0.81,Crit:2.29,Mastery:1.36Dodge

Am I doing anything wrong ? I was going over some of my logs and increasing my hit only generated me a handful more white attacks so I was thinking of dropping my hit down to 9% and thus putting my crit to around 21-22%.

Deleted
    Could you provide your armory? Those are really weird stat weightings - makes me think you've not enabled all raid buffs or something.

Edit: Oh, I guess you've not enabled "use positive deltas" when simming. When you sim hit's stat weight you need to enable that, so that it only considers the impact of adding more hit. By default it calculates stat weights by seeing how your dps drops if you remove a certain amount of a stat, and how it increases by adding a certain amount of a stat, and uses those as a basis to calculate the stat weight. Of course hit being so much more valuable below 7.5% is going to give you a false impression of its value past 7.5% using that method.
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2012-12-19 at 12:28 AM.

So i would enable positive deltas, then use those values and plug those into the over cap weight options?
    /wow/en/character/blackrock/Sm%C3%A3llp%C3%A3ckage/advanced .

reran the newest version of simc and used positive deltas and got this;

Str Agi AP Exp Hit InvHit Crit Haste Mastery Wdps WOHdps
    Scale Factors 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 1.14 0.00 2.51 0.85 1.52 0.00 0.00
    Normalized 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
    Scale Deltas 1000 1000 1000 1000 1000 -1000 1000 1000 1000 300 300
    Error 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.09 0.00 0.09 0.09 0.09 0.00 0.00
    Gear Ranking wowheadlootrankwowupgrade
    Optimizers wowreforge
    Ranking Crit > Mastery > Hit > Haste
    Pawn string
    ( Pawn: v1: "Sm%C3%A3llp%C3%A3ckage": HitRating=1.14, CritRating=2.51, HasteRating=0.85, MasteryRating=1.52 )
    Zero hit/exp
    ( Pawn: v1: "Sm%C3%A3llp%C3%A3ckage": HitRating=0.00, CritRating=2.51, HasteRating=0.85, MasteryRating=1.52 )
    Last edited by smallpackage; 2012-12-19 at 02:26 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, those weights look more normal. And yeah you stick that value of hit into overcapped value.

ok, thanks for helping me out, i appreciate it.

hey guys,

Ive been trying to decide what would be better to go with. the normal lei shei or an upgraded carbonic carbuncle. ive also picked up the lfr crit/hit ring from tsulong and am probably going to use it over the 496 exp/haste ring from HOF due to the added crit outweighing the 80 sumodd str loss. dominance offensive trinket wont be for next week at best so would like some weigh ins on where that stands aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal Lei Shin's > Upgraded CC.

LFR Tsulong Ring > 496 HoF Ta'yak Ring of Bladed Tempest.

Dominance Offensive Trinket = or slightly < Relic of Xuen < Normal Lei Shin's.

There are spreadsheets available on these forums, search them up.
    Roseby - Fury/Arms Warrior
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseby View Post
    Normal Lei Shin's > Upgraded CC.

LFR Tsulong Ring > 496 HoF Ta'yak Ring of Bladed Tempest.

Dominance Offensive Trinket = or slightly < Relic of Xuen < Normal Lei Shin's.

There are spreadsheets available on these forums, search them up.
    Now I don't get it, why would Normal Lei Shi be better than Dominanse Offensive?

Lei Shi:
    +1152 Strength
    Equip: Each time your attacks hit, you have a chance to gain 5079 haste for 20 sec.

Dominance / Shieldwall:
    +1152 Strength
    Use: Increases your critical strike by 3838 for 15 sec. (1 Min Cooldown)

Isn't Haste the worst possible stat, and crit. the best?

Deleted
    He means Lei Shen's Final Orders, rather than Darkmist Vortex which drops off Lei Shi. Confusing names are confusing. Edit: though as non-engineer the rep trinket sims better than normal Lei Shen's for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Lei Shi is the abbreviation for Lei Shin's. Sorry if I was not clear. I do not particularly care for Darkmist Vortex.
    Roseby - Fury/Arms Warrior
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.

Deleted
    Lei Shen*

My Arms Warrior needs help on his dps

Hey Guys, thanks for this thread.
    Here is my armory --> us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korialstrasz/Damageman/advanced

My guild is 10 man raiding MV, and my Arms Warrior is barely doing 35-40k dps atm. The raid leader is pretty much fed up with my low dps, (as I am), and I think I'm not going to be allowed back to raiding with the guild until my dps improves. I downloaded the Latest SimCraft, put in my stats and the program says I should be able to do around 65k! That would be great. I use nUI+ as my ingame ui, along with Ovale mod, my stats are capped for Hit & Expertise, I'm gemmed and reforged per many of the sites out there like askmrrobot.com and noxxic.com for Arms Warriors.

I always fight from behind the mob, but on mobile fights, I sometimes have trouble staying within melee range so I can hit the mob, as the tanks has to move the mob sometimes throughout the fight.

My fps goes up when in raids, so I turn down alot of the graphics, and I use the right pots and foods. My rotation is down pat, per what has been recommended for Arms Warriors, my latency is around 60-100 ms.

I'm at my wits end and good really use some good advice here for my toon.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dman

Deleted
    Without a combat log to look at it's very hard to judge whether you truly are executing the rotation as well as you think you are. I know looking at my own logs reveals embarassing screw-ups I didn't realise I made at the time, or small delays in decision making that result in empty fractions of gcds that add up over the course of a fight. Obviously you're over-capped on expertise but until you get better itemised gear there's not much you can do about that, and obviously you should be running elegon and sha of fear on lfr every reset as you'll see an enormous increase from replacing your weapon.

But yeah, need combat log to really point specific things out.

Dman it's hard to see what's going wrong without logs. As far as your gear goes upgrade your weapon to 471 and get better trinkets. Lessons of the darkmaster makes you way overcapped on expertise and the other one is worse then terrible. Get either the darkmooncard, lei shens final orders, carbonic carbuncle or the trinket from the new faction.

Are you prepotting? Are you using bloodbath & banner with dragonroar? Following that with CS+recklessness? Are you using berserker rage? Are you getting 10 mortal strikes and 1 dragonroar a minute? Should at least be able to do 50-60k dps with your current gear.

worldoflogs.com/reports/u7l38a5g3kl3x0ux/details/4/

Here's a world of logs dps report.

Dman
    Last edited by damageman; 2012-12-20 at 07:25 PM.

Using your stone guards kill since the shadowrealm on Garajal disrupts logging: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/zxx3c...4/?s=507&e=925

7 min fight
    MS used 54 times instead of 70
    Dragonroar used 3 times instead of 7
    Sweeping strikes uptime 12% instead of 90%
    Cleave and whirlwind shouldnt be used at all...
    Slam used 3 times in the whole fight...
    Recklessness used once instead of 2 times
    Avatar used 2 times instead of 3
    Cooldowns aren't stacked with eachother with trinket on use or with strength pots

I suggest you pop cds at the start of fight with prepot and at the end of the fight with your second potion. I've skullbanner, orc racial and bloodbath macroed into dragonroar you should do something similar add your trinket on use etc. After dragonroar pop CS with recklessness. Bloodbath without the recklessness glyph should do more dps I think not 100% sure on that. I open with MS>OP>DragonRoar>CS+reck>MS>etc. gives some time for my trinkets to proc before dragnroar, use berserker rage if the first MS doesnt crit, then dump some rage into the CS window while bloodbath is up and enjoy the numbers

Regular rotation should be MS followed by 3 abilities, usually by 1-2 OPs, 1 slam and sometimes a heroic throw or shout. Don't delay MS and don't use heroic strike outside of CS unless you're capping rage or tasteforblood stacks run out (at least 2).
    For Stone Guards specific use the sweeping strike glyph and use HS very sparingly use the rage for sweeping strike mostly.

Your Feng kill has some of the same problems, missing a few mortal strikes, dragon roars and not enough slams. Seems you are spending rage on heroic strikes instead of slam? That way you don't have any taste for blood stacks during CS and slam hits harder then HS with less then 2 stacks of tfb. Cooldowns are better but should still be stacked better and no potions are used. And why are you using cleave, whirlwind and thunderclap?
    Last edited by bigbad; 2012-12-20 at 10:37 PM.

Bigbad,
    Thanks for the good information. I am presently using Avatar instead of Bloodbath. Should I change? Also my macro for Avatar looks like this:

#showtooltip Avatar
    /cast Skull Banner
    /cast Stoneform
    /cast Avatar
    /cast Recklessness

I've moved my HS away from it's easy to strike place on my action bar, and moved my Sweeping Strikes there instead. Also trying to use Slam a lot more.

With your suggestions, (no pots yet) on a Raid training dummy starting to get into high 40k's and up to mid 50k's. Any and all other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Dman