Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    Warrior Beerbarian of Garona

I am having difficulty raising my dps to where i want it to be. i lag behind the other dps with comparable gear level in the group. my dps seems to be all over the place.. some fights i am top of the dps.. and other fights i am 50-100k dps lower than the top.. what am i doing wrong that i need to improve? ( i have been forced to SMF due to weapon drops.. but recently got got a 2 hander and switched back to Titans grip.)

(i have 2 Normal Mode 1 handed weapons for SMF)
    (i have 1 Normal Mode 2 Handed weapon & 1 Flex 2 Handed for Titans grip)

i have always used two handers till now.. my dps just seems off and ive read everything and still have not improved it. what do i need to do.. here are my logs for our raid last night.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k1bcv8a6omg0rs39/

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arian/advanced
    Get that Evil eye upgraded to 4/4 as soon as possible. Makes a world of difference in making your rotation smooth and allowing you to get a storm bolt inside every colossus smash. (Also start using storm bolt instead of Bloodbath).

BT = Bloodthirst, CS = Colossus Smash, RB = Raging Blow, SB = Storm Bolt

Your opener with storm bolt would be...Prepot, battleshout, charge -> Pop Reck/Banner, BT -> CS -> RB -> BT -> SB -> RB, spamming heroic strike as much as you can inside Colossus smash. If the BT inside colossus smash doesn't crit use berserker rage.

Filler is just gonna be using BT -> RB -> Bloodsurged wild strikes or empty GCD/Heroic Throw -> BT again
    If you're using Dragon's Roar that can take up the place of that empty GCD, and it obviously does a lot more damage than heroic throw.
    If you're using bladestorm best to use it after a BT that didn't crit and then cancel it after enrage runs out (use a macro and keybind it, can easily make it bound to charge). /cancelaura bladestorm
    Last edited by Chaosblade; 2014-07-10 at 05:17 AM.

Deleted
    Besides a pathetic 88.7% Enraged up time, is there anything else I could've done better for this kill?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5102&e=5322

I'm sure I should be doing more than 460k, I sim 458k Patchwerk style but Malk has adds so naturally I'm bladestorming and cleaving wherever possible.

Thank you so much , was talking with another fury warrior and he broke it down for me as to the why im doing when i do , i hope to have a better understanding and put it into practice.

Deleted
    Quick question about bladestorm and opener burst.

My opener atm is this: Pot/Shout > Shattering > Charge > BT > Reck/banner > CS > RB > BT > SB > RB > BT while spamming heroic strikes inside CS. After the last BT I usually have 2 stacks of RB if the CS critted so I delay Bladestorm by one filler cycle and using up my RB stacks then I BT into BS (using brage if BT didn't crit).

Now my question, is this correct use of bladestorm or should I wait with bladestorm until later into the fight? It feels like my burst in the opener is lacking alot when I use BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Quick question about bladestorm and opener burst.

My opener atm is this: Pot/Shout > Shattering > Charge > BT > Reck/banner > CS > RB > BT > SB > RB > BT while spamming heroic strikes inside CS. After the last BT I usually have 2 stacks of RB if the CS critted so I delay Bladestorm by one filler cycle and using up my RB stacks then I BT into BS (using brage if BT didn't crit).

Now my question, is this correct use of bladestorm or should I wait with bladestorm until later into the fight? It feels like my burst in the opener is lacking alot when I use BS.
    Burst doesn't matters. Warriors have pretty bad pull burst compared to most classes this tier. We excel at the sustain, however.

I track my trinkets, so I generally only do BT-cds/cs into rotation if trinkets proc on the first few swings, otherwise I wait a second BT phase. After CDs drop, hit BT and BS after that, and yes you might need to delay CS by another BT phase again in order to not waste 2 RB procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    It all depends on where your tank is. If he is right besides you, you will die. If he stand on the other side of the boss you can keep DPSing as usual.
    So what you're saying is Thok turns towards the tank before turning into his new target for fixate? That would explain a lot for me actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Hi guys. Fury warrior here.

I've read all the guides I can find and I think my DPS is good, but I'm wondering if any of you can spot any obvious places for improvement. I feel like I'm doing everything correct, but then I do quite a good deal less DPS than other dps on some fights (specifically Thok, but any of them really). Any advice on Paragons would go a long way as well (it's what we're currently progressing on).

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/186209/ (some of the fights I sit on for various reasons, so I'm not in all of them)
    Warcraft Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mXj1adYTWMZ86NKr (only two nights done with WC logs - I believe advanced logging is enabled)
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...efforei/simple

I think for my ilvl I'm doing pretty well. I just want to try to be competitive with the rest of the guild (though they are about 10ilvls higher than me. Can anyone spot anything obvious? I'm missing TTP, which I believe is quite big - but is it big enough to account for the discrepancy?
    This might have been missed since it was bottom of the last page.

Any help at all? I've spent hours looking at logs trying to figure out why my damage is different than other ranking warriors (ones that clearly did the fight correctly, by the way). I'm 100k behind them on some fights. What am I doing wrong!? I refuse to believe it is just my trinket.

Simcraft puts me at 420k dps on a patchwerk fight. I'm quite a bit below that!
    Last edited by Hottie4Hire; 2014-07-12 at 07:11 AM.

Deleted
    Your bloodthirst usage is way off. I'm talking about 50% off here (see http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=6 for reference, 42 usage when almost 60 is possible).

And start logging yourself so we can see more recent juggernaut/malkorok logs if you want more input, looking through klaxxi or thok wipes is kind of pointless regulary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmsj View Post
    Hey guys, I've just started raiding with a new guild on my fury warrior, and I dont think I'm pulling the dps I should be. I'm using the Fury guide posted on this forum for my rotation, and use simcraft to gem/reforge my toon. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and I just feel like I could be doing a lot more dps considering my gear. I've included a IJ parse from yesterday. It might not be the perfect example since 9 people died throughout the fight which skews the logs a little bit (I would be much lower if people were alive) but you can look at any of the other bosses as well. I was at ilvl 575 with a normal offhand weapon when these fights were logged, but am up to 577 since then. Thanks in advance!

Can't post links so on warcraftlogs: /reports/zYyXPAN6aFvRcZC9#fight=10

armory: Sarros on Illidan US

If someone could post the links to these in your reply id appreciate it!
    Still looking for some input, didnt get any responses. I believe I've logged juggernaut and malk on this report, so I'd appreciate some advice on which areas to improve

Quote Originally Posted by Hmsj View Post
    Still looking for some input, didnt get any responses. I believe I've logged juggernaut and malk on this report, so I'd appreciate some advice on which areas to improve
    It looks like you could have fit a couple more Stormbolts in, and another Colossus Smash. Heroic Leap wasn't used for DPS at all, which is minor but still a DPS increase. It looks like you didn't go to Berserker Stance during phase two, and that's a big DPS increase. Your second potion doesn't seem to line up with your cooldowns and was in the middle of the fight. I would save your second potion and a last Reck/Banner for Execute phase. Also, you can occasionally game your trinket procs and if they align with Execute phase and cooldowns you'll hit ridiculously hard. I also only see you using two Skull Banners when you should have been able to use three. Oh, and you could have fit a lot more Bladestorms into the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    It looks like you could have fit a couple more Stormbolts in, and another Colossus Smash. Heroic Leap wasn't used for DPS at all, which is minor but still a DPS increase. It looks like you didn't go to Berserker Stance during phase two, and that's a big DPS increase. Your second potion doesn't seem to line up with your cooldowns and was in the middle of the fight. I would save your second potion and a last Reck/Banner for Execute phase. Also, you can occasionally game your trinket procs and if they align with Execute phase and cooldowns you'll hit ridiculously hard. I also only see you using two Skull Banners when you should have been able to use three. Oh, and you could have fit a lot more Bladestorms into the fight.
    exactly what i was looking for! thanks for the input, will try to put it into practice this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friend asked me to post here.
    My guild's waffling on farming twin 10m raids or one 25m raid week to week, and I'm having trouble measuring up to 25m logs. My parsing is exactly where I expect it to be on 10, but i'm so far behind on the 25m percentile cutoffs that it's hard to just blame it on extra skull banners. I logged our IJ this week, and i'm more than 100k dps under the best parses on nearly equivalent times-and as near as I can tell(going off collision and jalopy's logs) my usage is nearly the same. Same CS and storm bolt count, heroic strike and RB counts are nearly the same. The negative differences I can pick out just seem to be no bladestorm(i missed that memo) and much more wild strike usage. I didn't really expect the fight to reach 3 minutes, which is why i didn't hold my second reck for banner, not sure how relevant that is.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=23 here's my log, and here: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=45 and here: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=6 are the ones I'm comparing to.
    Any input is appreciated.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urphy/advanced is my armory. I'll try to save it on wowprogress since my gear sets tend to switch a lot.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character...-thuzad/Murphy if i'm not in raid gear on the armory.

Deleted
    That's an easy one: you're not enough in berserker stance

murphy 7%
    collision 20%
    jalopy 35%

major thing:
    - your gearing, two weapons with zero mastery really hurt a lot compared to some extra haste, while this isn't the only explanation for a shocking 17% total damage dealt difference (see above or below) it just adds up rather quickly*.

minor things:
    - no blood fury
    - lack of shattering throw(s)
    - no bladestorm thus more empty gcd where you probably feel obliged to use wild strikes and wasting tons of rage in the process
    - 3% crit from one event-holiday thing on Collision
    - no mad hozen elixir + wrong food maybe? Can't say that for sure but you weren't crit capped (2 normal bloodthirsts) according to your log.

edit: just have look at their armories, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alopy/advanced @ 18.000 mastery or 53%, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ision/advanced @ 17.500 mastery or 52% and you are lacking half of your upgrades including the vital 580 ilvl on EEoG, leaving you almost half a tier behind (5 ilvl). So you're probably at 12.000 or 2/3 of their mastery value to begin with (2k per weapon plus some upgrades etc).
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2014-07-17 at 12:53 PM.

Why is 580 ivl EEoG so important? You can fit SB inside every CS with lower ilvl than that.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Deleted
    a) It get's you closer to those 20 seconds, allows for a smoother rotation during cs (no thinking involved, just memory muscle ).
    b) The empowered procc is superior to ie upgrading bracers or a ring.

I have a minor DPS question for fury. What exactly am I supposed to do at that awkward point where CS comes up at this point in my rotation:

BT > Filler > HERE > BT

Do I use CS there and go

BT > non-RB filler > CS > RB > BT > SB > RB

or

BT > RB > CS > BT > RB > SB > BT

or do I just delay CS a bit so I can do a BT > CS > RB > BT > SB > RB combo.

This should only happen every other CS with me assuming I'm canceling bladestorm properly.

I also have another question which is probably asked all the time but I'm lazy and can get it answered with this post. Do I pop Reck on CD (obviously pairing with CS) or do I hold onto it until Skull Banner is back up?

I will hope someone more knowledgeable will answer the CS question as I don't even know anymore if that ever happens to me or not. It's all muscle memory by now.

Recklessness & Banner:
    It depends on the fight length. For example for a 5min (patchwork) fight you should use Reck 3 times and the Banner twice. The first and the third Recklessness should be paired with the banner and the last combo for your execute phase sub 20%.
    On a 4min fight on the other hand you can only use Reck and Banner twice which makes it besser to use them together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    I will hope someone more knowledgeable will answer the CS question as I don't even know anymore if that ever happens to me or not. It's all muscle memory by now.

Recklessness & Banner:
    It depends on the fight length. For example for a 5min (patchwork) fight you should use Reck 3 times and the Banner twice. The first and the third Recklessness should be paired with the banner and the last combo for your execute phase sub 20%.
    On a 4min fight on the other hand you can only use Reck and Banner twice which makes it besser to use them together.
    Yup, it depends entirely on the fight and its length. Some fights with burn/aoe phases you're better off holding on to reck so you only use it as many times as you use banner.

Others you want to use reck an extra time.

Example, if a "best kill time" is 2:45 from now and reck is up I'll use reck, since I know I'll be able to use it again with banner.

Deleted
    Ive seen people use addons that shows how much time theres left until the boss dies, what are these called and are they accurate? On paper it seems like it could be helpful when managing cooldowns

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Ive seen people use addons that shows how much time theres left until the boss dies, what are these called and are they accurate? On paper it seems like it could be helpful when managing cooldowns
    Generally DBM tracks record kill times, but that can get messed up if you have a super fast kill time for some reason.