Page 85 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @Tiarno

You guys are on Manny progress? Fury is the go to for that. At this point, focus on maximizing your impact on progression. You got a pretty good log on Reaver so you have a good base. I wouldn't have too much heart burn on farm dps.

You don't seem to be brought for manny progression. Are you trialing with this guild? They are going 3 tank + 4 healers, the general consensus for this is that this is not a good setup. Checkout the multitudes of manny topics in the Raids section which suggest either 3 tank + 3 healer or 2 tank + 4 healer. Maybe you can get in on progress if you guys drop a tank or healer. If they refuse to bring you for manny, you probably won't get brought for archi either if you don't play Arms. Arms is the most effective at progress on it I think.

-- disclaimer -- I main Arms so take my Fury suggestions as opinion.

Iskar - You shouldn't bladestorm on pull, just do single target. You can run ravager and use that immediately on pull, it will be back up for adds.
    Fel Lord - You should cast BT AFTER you hit Reck so it always crits. Storm bolt does garbage dps while Siegebreaker is the hardest hitting. I'd open with Reck + BT, Execute, and Siegebreaker, Raging blow, etc. etc. and only use storm bolt as a filler. I wouldn't use storm bolt inside reck if I have the rage to cast wild strike.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    Time to call for help I guess...

The problem I have is that across the aboard I feel that I'm not providing enough DPS. When I see other Warriors in my guild on average do quite more when ilevels are comparable. It's been really frustrating for me this expansion to the point I tend to run away from the facts. Blame that I just cant play it anymore etc. I need to face this and improve it.

My guild has me not focus on any specific tasks. Just DPS. I tend to avoid Arms to not even make it more confusing for myself, so if you see a pro-Arms fight with me being Fury, that's correct.

My character's rankingspage for the current ilvl bracket he's in: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#bracket=18
    It's not a lot of logs though, but I hope it can provide something for a guru to find something. Perhaps older logs provide with additional intel. Little point of shame, the HFA and Reaver logs for 26th of May, I accidentally had a vanity weapon equipped....ugh

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Gijoe/simple
    You don't always double pot, you don't always line up CDs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJaggens View Post
    figured what I also never understood: Sweeping Strikes are cleaving to target that is in YOUR melee range, not TARGET melee range, like I've assumed before.
    Oh lawdy lawd

Sweeping Strikes are cleaving to target that is in YOUR melee range, not TARGET melee range, like I've assumed before. Localized tooltip is outright misleading about this, it states that it's target next to your opponent.
    Fixed 2 screenshots for you and any other aswell, that might be interested in it

It is not me but a guy I helped out, told him to go hit the dummies basicly:P

Hope it helps

figured what I also never understood: Sweeping Strikes are cleaving to target that is in YOUR melee range, not TARGET melee range, like I've assumed before.
    Yes, SS is centred on you, not the target. It's not a targeted AOE.

Hey guys,

I have a few Arms related questions for somebody who is heavily involved in the theory-crafting, or at least somebody who knows what they're talking about because I'm constantly getting differing opinions on a few things.

1. When tactician procs, is the GCD priority to use CS > MS?

2. Do we even actually need to pay attention to the CS debuff other than for using Warbreaker when it drops off?

3. When we proc Shattered Defenses, do we make sure our next MS has 3 stacks of FR?

4. In general, do we care what FR stacks we are on before MSing? Or are we basically using it on CD regardless of current FR stacks.

5. Icy veins says for our opener, we should Charge > Battle Cry + Avatar > Colossus Smash > Rotation
    But shouldn't we use our CD's like this: Charge > Colossus Smash > Battle Cry + Avatar > MS? With probably 2 stacks of FR.
    Battle Cry is so short it seems like a waste of a second to to use CS during it considering how low its damage is anyway?

Cheers for any responses.
    Last edited by marchzilla; 2016-09-11 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marchzilla View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a few Arms related questions for somebody who is heavily involved in the theory-crafting, or at least somebody who knows what they're talking about because I'm constantly getting differing opinions on a few things.

1. When tactician procs, is the GCD priority to use CS > MS?

2. Do we even actually need to pay attention to the CS debuff other than for using Warbreaker when it drops off?

3. When we proc Shattered Defenses, do we make sure our next MS has 3 stacks of FR?

4. In general, do we care what FR stacks we are on before MSing? Or are we basically using it on CD regardless of current FR stacks.

5. Icy veins says for our opener, we should Charge > Battle Cry + Avatar > Colossus Smash > Rotation
    But shouldn't we use our CD's like this: Charge > Colossus Smash > Battle Cry + Avatar > MS? With probably 2 stacks of FR.
    Battle Cry is so short it seems like a waste of a second to to use CS during it considering how low its damage is anyway?

Cheers for any responses.
    1. No if there is a colossus smash debuff active. Like you said colossus smash deals inferior damage.

2. You want it up 100% of the time or all your mastery is equal to 0 when it's down.

3. General rule is that you use Mortal Strike on cooldown to avoid losing resets and with that DPS.

4. Like said you don't care. Although you would want to drop your FR spam if you reach 2 stacks and MS is still on a 2 second CD. Obivously.

5. I have no idea how hard will it hit when you reach 13k mastery but it can pack quite a punch. If your MS doesnt reset you are stuck on ~3,4 GCDs with nothing but slam. I still think CS hits decently with high mastery.

I noticed im saying one thing in point 1 and other thing in point 5. But again im not that high in mastery to tell you. Try apllying the debuff then hitting colosus smash and slam see witch deals higher damage for you (with the debuff active). If CS is higher just smash it down if not then just slam and refresh the duratin of the buff. Mortal Strike is number one if the debuff is active as well as FR. Use FR every time if you are not sitting at 3 and you will rearly be sitting on 3.
    Last edited by mmoc4b3ffd5dd8; 2016-09-16 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    U can allways have 2xFR with every MS.
    Use CS if u dont have Shattered Defence up, and then use MS.
    Opener - u get it - charge-FR/CS-FR/BC+AVATAR/ MS

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...473&end=123982

Don't know exactly what I'm doing wrong. I know my rage spending looks like a mess but I don't really understand why.

Any tips?

This is in ulta low mastery gear btw, I can upload a log with mastery gear if needed

Ilvl 848, 15 point artifact

seriously under performing right now with arms

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=4

64% mastery gear
    Last edited by T1berius; 2016-09-17 at 12:00 AM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=3

Heres the best I've been able to do so far, 77% mast, 15 talents, not holding cs or slam

What am I doing wrong? My rage spending looks perfect to me

Sitting at 850+ and feel I am under performing massively. Mastery is about 72% and only 18 into weapon.

Looking at other warrior logs with same or worse gear on Ursoc and then are doing around 375k while I'm around 250k. I should be able to push 350k or higher. A couple areas where I see a need to improve.

1. 20 points in weapon will get me 25% more damage done by CS which will add to overall damage.

2. My damage during BC seems much lower than most top arms warriors I am seeing. Maybe I'm not utilizing the CD correctly?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Waldöe/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3206&source=28
    Last edited by Waldoe; 2016-09-22 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldoe View Post
    Sitting at 850+ and feel I am under performing massively. Mastery is about 72% and only 18 into weapon.

Looking at other warrior logs with same or worse gear on Ursoc and then are doing around 375k while I'm around 250k. I should be able to push 350k or higher. A couple areas where I see a need to improve.

1. 20 points in weapon will get me 25% more damage done by CS which will add to overall damage.

2. My damage during BC seems much lower than most top arms warriors I am seeing. Maybe I'm not utilizing the CD correctly?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Waldöe/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3206&source=28
    Hey
    1. Here is my log for Ursoc HM https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done. Try to compare if you want to see the differences.
    2. I saw some mistakes (I do mistakes as well ofc):
    - Very bad opening sequence - > Why Slam first ? Why Batlle cry and 2sc later Avatar ?
    - I see very few Focused Rage and in overall, less spells than me. This means you do not have many tactician proc so maybe you don't have a good relic ? I don't have access to your rage generation, but I have the feeling the is a pb there Maybe you delay Mortal strike when you should not ?
    3. Gear: way too much Critics....and Ursoc's Paw sucks Any trinket 830+ with mastery is better.
    4. It's hard to check your rotation but make sure you follow what is written here http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classe.../arms/rotation
    I basically spam FR while making sure i will always be able to use my incoming MS. I try to always use CS before MS. If rage cap: use Slam. Under 20% replace slam by Execute.
    Use Battle cry on CD almost every time. Some will say you need to wait for a CS or WB but I honestly don't give a fuck and I fish tactician proc with spam Slam/FR/Harmstring. Of course, sometime I wait if the boss is gonna run away or stuff like that you know

Here are some add on and stuff I use to be as optimal as possible:
    Pawne (to compare gear). you can either simcraft you character to get your Stats Weight, either use Icy vein's:
    Mastery: 1.33
    Strength: 1
    Versatility: 0.88
    Haste: 0.81
    Critical Strike: 0.65

It could be wrong but Wordup is known for being good at simcraft so...

Weak aura: you need a good UI to monitor your proc and rage. I use Falken's UI (you can find it in the warrior thread) with some personal change but not much...

I hope it will help (sorry, i'm not english native^^). I'm not the best warrior in the world, but I have pretty good results so...
    Cheers
    Last edited by mmoc62cc48b6ce; 2016-09-22 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bhala View Post
    Hey
    1. Here is my log for Ursoc HM https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done. Try to compare if you want to see the differences.
    2. I saw some mistakes (I do mistakes as well ofc):
    - Very bad opening sequence - > Why Slam first ? Why Batlle cry and 2sc later Avatar ?
    - I see very few Focused Rage and in overall, less spells than me. This means you do not have many tactician proc so maybe you don't have a good relic ? I don't have access to your rage generation, but I have the feeling the is a pb there Maybe you delay Mortal strike when you should not ?
    3. Gear: way too much Critics....and Ursoc's Paw sucks Any trinket 830+ with mastery is better.
    4. It's hard to check your rotation but make sure you follow what is written here http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classe.../arms/rotation
    I basically spam FR while making sure i will always be able to use my incoming MS. I try to always use CS before MS. If rage cap: use Slam. Under 20% replace slam by Execute.
    Use Battle cry on CD almost every time. Some will say you need to wait for a CS or WB but I honestly don't give a fuck and I fish tactician proc with spam Slam/FR/Harmstring. Of course, sometime I wait if the boss is gonna run away or stuff like that you know

Here are some add on and stuff I use to be as optimal as possible:
    Pawne (to compare gear). you can either simcraft you character to get your Stats Weight, either use Icy vein's:
    Mastery: 1.33
    Strength: 1
    Versatility: 0.88
    Haste: 0.81
    Critical Strike: 0.65

It could be wrong but Wordup is known for being good at simcraft so...

Weak aura: you need a good UI to monitor your proc and rage. I use Falken's UI (you can find it in the warrior thread) with some personal change but not much...

I hope it will help (sorry, i'm not english native^^). I'm not the best warrior in the world, but I have pretty good results so...
    Cheers
    I had slam in a macro with BC, HS and FR by mistake for that attempt actually by mistake. I was testing something earlier. I am going to keep the same macro but take slam out.

In terms of overall ability usage....yea I have been trying to get 3 stacks of FR before using CS and MS so I will keep them priority now when they pop. Hopefully that will bring up my overall damage when BC is up.

Thanks for the info.

Deleted
    I've switched from WW warrior to FR because I've read that it's way better but I'm having a lot of trouble. Should I use slam at all? Most of the time I barely have enough rage to stack 3 FR before MS.

Deleted
    Hello Folks,

Can you please spend some time and check my logs, please do let me know if you see place for improvement. I believe I should be doing more. Keep in mind that I was not having the heroic pieces on my gear before the raid.

eu battle net wow en character turalyon Awox simple

www warcraftlogs com reports rHA1Yk7DgwNWbBhv #type=damage-done&boss=-3

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=28&source=87

parsing 24th percentile as arms, really not sure what im fucking up

Quote Originally Posted by T1berius View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=28&source=87

parsing 24th percentile as arms, really not sure what im fucking up
    116 hamstrings in 7 battlecrys? 7*5 = 35 hamstrings maximum. I bet u have it in some macro and forgot about it.

Name: Reach - Fury Warrior
    Boss: Heroic Ursoc

Looking for some help here, I was playing prot in raids until this past week - I was leveling my fury artifact, so I went with that, I have 0 AP in arms, and don't have arms gear. My gear for Fury is ok, but not great (have some Vers/Crit items) that I need to replace with haste/mastery. Obviously gearing is an issue, but looking for help in the rotation to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

Opener -> BT, hope for crit, if no crit, I wait until I get 60 rage or so, then pop avatar, battle cry, Dragon roar -> Odyns Fury, Raging Blow, then I have enough rage for rampage, and repeat. I'm trying my best to keep enrage up at all times. Is it better to BT if I already have enrage from rampage, or should I wait until it's about to fall off and then BT (the time between waiting I toss in FS/RB to get my crit higher with the FS buff) I try to line up every DR with a rampage, or BT>RB, and anytime it lines up (or is close) to Odyns Fury, I always wait a couple seconds to use OF or DR to line them up.

Obviously, BC on cooldown and rampage->RB. Then pretty much just repeat Rampage -> RB -> BT -> FS priority.

We were wiping to enrage about 15% on H Ursoc, so execute phase hasn't came into play yet - here are the logs, my best attempt was this one:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...kbtF9R#fight=9

Any help is appreciated. Thanks alot.
    Last edited by Reachie10; 2016-09-27 at 01:05 PM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Here are my logs for tonight. For some reason I must be doing the rotation wrong? is HS/FR macro supposed to be used still? My opener is Charge avatar+bc > cs > fr fr fr ms fr slam fr slam fr cs if proc if not warbreaker ms

So, whats the best trinkets?
    840 Horn of Valor
    835 static 1073STR/882Mastery
    850 Spontaneous Appendages
    EDIT; New trinkets in bags
    850 Nature's Call
    865 Ravaged Seed Pod
    Last edited by Faible; 2016-09-28 at 07:55 PM.