Page 1 of 2
LastLast

N560GTX-TI from MSI with Twin Frozr II - Thoughts and reviews from MMO'ers

Here is the video card I am looking to buy

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127565

I will mainly be running MMO type games: WoW, TOR, Diablo 3, GW2

My concern is the reviews on this card. Its kinda like you are rolling the dice. I won't be overclocking or running any extremely graphics intense games and am curious if anyone has a review or opinion on this?

A good number of people are having issues with the card, but you never know if they're overclocking or doing things they shouldn't.

Anyone have any feedback? The Twin Frozr II cooling is said to be really awesome, but I'd like to feel more confident that it will work for my needs.

The thing about reviews is that people are much more likely to write one when they have a negative experience. When it works just fine most people don't feel the need to write a review giving it good marks, so you have to take the ratio of good to bad reviews with a bit of a grain of salt. ANY time you buy ANY piece of computer equipment, you're rolling the dice on whether you get a good or a bad part... unfortunately that's just the nature of mass production.

Deleted
    After being here on MMO-Champion awhile I've noticed that everybody seems to love it. It has a really good price/cost ratio while being a pretty high end card. Can run pretty much any game except BF3 on max. And it still plays BF3 on high. I say buy it, the Twin Frozr cooling is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    The thing about reviews is that people are much more likely to write one when they have a negative experience. When it works just fine most people don't feel the need to write a review giving it good marks, so you have to take the ratio of good to bad reviews with a bit of a grain of salt. ANY time you buy ANY piece of computer equipment, you're rolling the dice on whether you get a good or a bad part... unfortunately that's just the nature of mass production.
    I agree completely which is why i always take reviews lightly for anything. I have gotten good feedback and advice from these forums in the past and was looking for possibly someone with a gaming agenda similar to mine that may be running one.

I'm 90% there to buying it, mainly just trying to broaden my scope of information.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an excellent card, and there's really not much else to say. Twin Frozr has superior cooling so you'll notice lower noise/temps than a reference card.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am a user of it, I bought it, OC'd it to Hawk standards, which is where the shader clock, memory clock, and core clocks are all clocked a fair bit higher... it remains very cool, practically silent, and a great card. I run Rift practically full-level of graphics and it is pretty damn flawless. Since you're playing WoW, I'll show you a video that I fraps'd with the 560 Ti. This is before I OC'd it beyond MSI's OC.

Notice the awesomeness of DELTRUS the Insane. :P

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I am a user of it, I bought it, OC'd it to Hawk standards, which is where the shader clock, memory clock, and core clocks are all clocked a fair bit higher... it remains very cool, practically silent, and a great card. I run Rift practically full-level of graphics and it is pretty damn flawless. Since you're playing WoW, I'll show you a video that I fraps'd with the 560 Ti. This is before I OC'd it beyond MSI's OC.

I don't think you answered when I asked why you quit. guild break up or just got tired of wow bs?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I don't think you answered when I asked why you quit. guild break up or just got tired of wow bs?
    Not going to go OT, I'll PM you. A mod is probably going to delete these comments btw. ;p
    "A flower.

snip
    That does look awesome, very nice. Thanks for the feedback, I am going to be picking up this card.

I have read that it is a bit heavy, anyone know any good tricks to use to stabilize it. I have read you can use a pencil for support but not sure how they did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    That does look awesome, very nice. Thanks for the feedback, I am going to be picking up this card.

I have read that it is a bit heavy, anyone know any good tricks to use to stabilize it. I have read you can use a pencil for support but not sure how they did it.
    lol don't worry about that crap. This card is light in comparison to cards like Xuvial's... Unless you don't screw it in on your case, you'll be fine. (And who wouldn't screw it in? Honestly!) Mine sits there and there's the slightest of sag I can see but it is so damn minuscule I'm not worried at all.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post

I don't think it'll be that heavy. I think if you're going to the pencil thing you would put the HD in a bay to where you can lay a pencil on top of the drive and under the card. Usually the cards you have to worry about it being too heavy they come with stabilizer brackets.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it'll be that heavy. I think if you're going to the pencil thing you would put the HD in a bay to where you can lay a pencil on top of the drive and under the card. Usually the cards you have to worry about it being too heavy they come with stabilizer brackets.
    Asus Direct CUII GTX 580 anyone? >_>

Asus MARS II ANYONE?!!!!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asus Direct CUII GTX 580 anyone? >_>

Asus MARS II ANYONE?!!!!
    Don't they come with that bracket? I thought at least the MARS did. <_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't they come with that bracket? I thought at least the MARS did. <_<
    I believe they do.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Twin Frozr cards aren't any heavier than a normal card, they don't need a stabilizer bracket just make sure they're attached correctly to the case. Some cases will have a bracket or you can McGuyver your own.

I've had three of these, one in each past build I've done for friends and I love them, still my favorite cards
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I've an Athlon II x4 630, and this is my motherboard. I recently upgraded from an MSI GT240 to the MSI 560Ti Twin Frozr. I'm playing all sorts of games, first thing I did when I got the card was another playthrough of Fable III and BF2, as well as playing a lot on the BF3 beta. I play WoW regularly, though mostly raiding (which atm is a few hours / week). I'm looking forward to games such as Skyrim (huge SP-RPG fan), and ME3.

It's an excellent card. Even with a BAD mother board and a rather lowly CPU it performs admirably. MSI Afterburner helps a lot if you wish to overclock (though I don't see the point with my system), and/or manuall manage the fans on the GPU. I noticed that even at 40-45% fan speed the fans are inaudible with an open case, and supplies enough cooling even with hours of heavy gaming. Overall I'm happy with MSI GPU's, they provide high quality and I've never had any issues with them, using them for a few years now.

I'm a fanboi of quality and reliability, and good performance/wattage. With those in mind, I can highly recommend this card (hence me buying it in the first place).

Well, I've been using this sweet card for a time now, and it's just GREAT.

I play ALL the games on ultra/max , BF3, WoW, Drive, Farcry, Crysis.. The only one that lag is Metro 2033.

I'm using with a I7 2600K..

So far, so good.. the price is awesome tho.

What are you guys thoughts on SLI'ing two of these (or the ASUS DirectCU version)? I am undecided as to this or a single 580 (although I wouldn't be spending another 500 euros on a second 580 any time soon) when I get a new PC either this week or next week. Also overclocking with the afterburner software appears to be quite simple, is it any different with two cards?

I'm thinking of a P67 MB with an i5 2500K as the basic setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post

More truth could not be spoken. Like i said before 2 guys get an item of exact same specs, 1 guys works fine 1 guys is broken who bitchs first? Clearly in the world of PC gaming your more likely to be gaming that reviewing and if ur not gaming ur chewing someone out for the bs. That being said in most instances checking the reviews on newegg in the past month ish or so and seeing 10 negative responses signals a batch of crap in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    What are you guys thoughts on SLI'ing two of these (or the ASUS DirectCU version)? I am undecided as to this or a single 580 (although I wouldn't be spending another 500 euros on a second 580 any time soon) when I get a new PC either this week or next week. Also overclocking with the afterburner software appears to be quite simple, is it any different with two cards?

I'm thinking of a P67 MB with an i5 2500K as the basic setup.
    I would guess OCing should be the same, I think it gives an option to just apply it to both GPUs. two 560 Tis in SLI is pretty strong too, btw. So I'd say go for it, especially if you don't plan to buy a 580 any time soon.

Course if you want something truly awesome:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127589

^I wish I could buy that.
    "A flower.