Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Southern accent as people said, but very good considering its not your first language. It makes me ashamed of how poorly we learn languages over here in Britain, its pretty bad that we barely spend any time on it when some people, like you, have obviously put in some real work to get good at English.
    Same in the US. It's a shame.

I was once hanging out in France with a girl from London who could speak French. Even I, someone who doesn't speak any French at all, could hear the british accent in her French. The waiters and such kind of laughed at her and then we resorted to pointing at the menu...

Deleted
    I'm gonna say 7/10. But I teach English for a living and tend to be very perfectionist about it, so take this with a grain of salt. You seem to stutter and misread several things, while also pronouncing archaeology wrong every single time :P Your accent is quite definitely southern-American, which isn't a bad thing, but makes it sound rougher (to Europeans at least). You are by no means hard to understand however.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    ...while also pronouncing archaeology wrong every single time ...
    It's not his fault that English makes no sense, especially when dealing with Greek words.

But, to clarify, it's ar-kee-ology. Or ar-kay-ology, depending on your preference. Hard K sound. Not the misleading soft CH sound. No big deal, I knew what you were saying.

Deleted
    I'd give you an 8.5 / 10. Points detracted because:
    -1 because you had to stop at some words when you thought they're not correct and repeat them. I would have detracted more, but you did pronounce them good when you finally pronounced them.
    -0.5 because the accent you develop will make it hard to understand in the future, work a bit on that.

I myself have a very russian accent, although not russian at all and for certain I didn't learn english from the russians but that's how it happens. Still I have been trying to make it a bit less noticeable, and it did work, although I make a great "commrade" when I'm impersonating a russian

Deleted
    Det lyder sku da meget godt!

@belf thank you, I've had troubles pronouncing that as well (I'm a Dane myself) when talking on vent, so thank you. :P