Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pally shouts, RP phrases? Ideas?

I've been creating a few Rp/lore phrases my paladin will recite when I cast CD's. here's the two my paladin uses now.

Avenging wrath- yells " Shirvallah, fill me with your " LIGHT" --- A twist on the Very generous Tiger boss's Battle-cry.
    Guardian of Ancient Kings - yells " His watch is eternal" -- a shout-out, to my all time favorite dragon.. Azuregos

Like or not, doesn't matter to me, Just interested in hearing what you guys have come up with. I've always liked the idea of Paladins taking the role of " battle-exorcists" using Prayers to diminish demons, slow moving, precise. So anything along those lines is always cool to hear.

As a tauren Sunwalker paladin, I had a few I used with a mod that randomized /says or /yells whenever you used certain abilities...

Exorcism:

"The Light of An'she shines upon you, and your dark heart!"

Judgment:

"Be judged, and perish!"

Oh, and I had a great one for Holy Radiance:

"I wield the Light of An'she. I am the Light of An'she."

Avenging Wrath:

"Look for forgiveness in the eyes of the Earth Mother. You'll find none in mine!"

Who is "Shirvalla"?

OT: "For the Light!" - oldie but goodie!

"For Great Jusice!"
    "Burn the Heretic! Kill the Mutant! Purge the Unclean!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Avenging Wrath - "...and boom goes the dynamite"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    One I had for avenging wrath was "Light, Give Me Strength!"... I stopped using after I found out Herod in SM said it...
    I also had "Light, Grant Me Power!" for Divine Plea, which I stopped using at the same time as the avenging wrath one.

You shouldn't bind anything to abilities.

'I have treaded through the deadly rabbit fields of Elwynn Forest! I have bested the harsh climates of Barrens Trade Chat! I have withstood Sylvannas's powerful necrophilia seduction! Yet you dare challenge me?!With my mighty stick/pointy object/blunt object/rock of light I shall banish you to the greatest damnation the light will give! HOGGER'S B@#$H!!"
    'Feel the might of my holy undergarment!!'
    'DAMNIT!! I ONLY BECAME A PALLY SO I COULD BUBBLE HEARTH!!" *dies in raid*

I seriously use these.
    Last edited by Zeroguard; 2011-10-14 at 08:54 PM.
    Every time I think i'm done with you WoW you just drag me back in...

I have a "fun" definitely not serious emote for my paladin, setup as a macro that goes like this. You can setup the macro for guildchat, say, raid, etc, etc.

/yell I'm a little paladin short and stout. Here is my hammer, here is my free mount. When I see Deathwing, I scream and shout, up goes my bubble and hearthstone out.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... The Holy light!

Ripoff of Green Lantern, but works suprisingly well.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    "For Great Jusice!"
    "Burn the Heretic! Kill the Mutant! Purge the Unclean!"
    "Through the destruction of our enemies do we earn our salvation!"
    "Come you aliens, show me what passes for fury amongst your misbegotten kind!"
    "You Alien filth will burn in the flames of the emperor's wrath!!" (could change Emperor to Light/An'she/whatever)
    "Give Mercy To Those Who Deserve It, Smite All Who Do Not!"
    "Strike for the Chapter! And the inquisition!" (Strike for <Capital city(or Argus)>! And the Horde/Alliance!)
    "For honour, for justice, for Retribution!"
    "The Emperor hath commanded damnation; feel thy blade and be forever ended, heretic." (swap Emperor for whatever deity fits your paladin)
    "Kill the Traitors, Burn their Bodies, KILL THEM ALL! "

Space Marine quotes fit paladins quite well :P

10+ Year Old Account
    im not an Rper at all, but for about a week my cd macro also /yelled "Burn in the flames of righteousness"

and when cata first came out i saw a guy in a random who had a holy radiance ripoff from isiset and he said bask in my radiance when he casted it
    just a couple for you RP people out there, peace off
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

You can macro sound effects into abilities that only you will hear. I macro'd Corrupted Ashbringer saying "kill them all" into Bladestorm. If you really like RP, you can probably find some dialogue yells to put in there.
    Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Engine of War.
    Piercing your chest with pure hate.
    Twisting within the great heart of all things
    Exist only to obliterate.

/cast Templar's Verdict
    /train

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Who is "Shirvalla"?

OT: "For the Light!" - oldie but goodie!
    Shirvallah is the gurubashi tiger primal god. his high priest was Thekal in old zul'gurub (the raid version).

this is Thekal and his Tiger form. He would say "Shirvallah, fill me with your RAGE!" when transforming.

he used to drop the one and only tiger mount in-game (except for spectral tigers). shame he was removed.

as for paladin quotes, say "NO ONE expects the "insert your faction city here"ian inquisition!"

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    He would say "Shirvallah, fill me with your RAGE!" when transforming.
    Hm, I suppose I forgot that he said that (or had never noticed)... I guess my next question would be: what does he have to do with Paladins? o.O

Deleted
    "For Great Justice!"

Rinse and Repeat until WORLD IS PURGED BY RIGHTEOUS FIRE.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Space Marine quotes fit paladins quite well :P
    True, but mostly for human, or some of them for BE, don't really see them fitting for dwarves/tauren.

Try macroing Avenging Wrath and /y Hammertime
    Life is short Glory is eternal

10+ Year Old Account
    For exorcism back in TBC & part of wrath I had

"Glowing crystalline aliens compel you!" because the Na'ru were basically avatars-elementals of the light & we were working for them.

Also had things like

By fire be purged/cleansed!, May the Light have mercy for I will Not!, Light guide my hand for you are my sword, my shield my salvation. and a few others.

I had tons of joke ones however like Redbull Gives you Wings!, Cleanse with the Power of Lemon! & Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil because I am the baddest Mutha F#cker on the planet!
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

You should burn for eternity in Zeus' ignited farts if you bind things to your cooldowns. Get an RP addon that has a certain percentual chance to make the shout happen, so that it doesn't happen every time. There's nothing, and I mean NOTHING more annoying when playing, than people frequently shouting the same crap all the time, just from using their abilities.