Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Newegg was such a huge disappointment.

So, I ordered a laptop and razer naga mouse from newegg yesterday, and since they do not offer the option to pay with two credit cards, i purchased two newegg gift cards, and put them on the order. I placed the order, went about my day happily, but then, at 7:40 Central time, i checked my email, i saw an email from newegg saying they cancelled my order... at 7:10, i tried to call them, but they close at 7:30 My time, so all failed, so i tried to log on to see if they did 24 hour live chat, which they dont... and they suspended my account! Why?! That was my only purchase fully paid in gift cards, even the overnight shipping, all information was valid.

So they open up customer service at 730am in my time zone, and I called them, and they said that they have no clue why I was suspended, and that noone left a note on my account telling why, but dont worry... they would have it fixed in 6 hours. -.- (oh by the way, its been 8 hours, nothing.) I called multiple times, and told them, that if they can not resolve my issue, that I would need a refund of 1,100 dollars in gift cards. Told them, if they can get me able to log in by two to purchase it, so it ships today, i can deal. Of course, its 5 nothing.

Oh and by the way, I would have tried purchasing it on another account, But they blocked all my funds on my cards, (So they screwed me there) I asked them to remove it, its my money after all, they would not.

I finally called them two hours ago, and asked for a return, but their customer service was awful, and some things seemed (im no expert, but im pretty sure, if my package came thru fedex... it wouldnt arrive on monday... since they dont ship mondays -.-) They refused, to answer simple, calmly asked questions, and just closed livechat.

A horrible experience, and now Im back to step 1 on finding a good laptop for gaming under a grand, because newegg had the best price, i really wanted

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230027

but nowhere has a price like newegg, but i will never use newegg again due to the horrible customer service I recieved today, anyone know of any laptops that can even compare to the above in the $1000 or less catagory?

New Gaming Laptop for under $1000? Those two do not go together if you catch my meaning!? If you do find one that's new that says it is for gaming and less than 1K, you are being lied to and will end up disappointed! You will end up w/ a laptop that can barely run most games and overheats!

You could build a beast of a desktop for that money but good laptop, I am afraid not! sorry!

@OP
    Your experience was an anomaly... Newegg has some of the best customer service of anywhere.
    Just give them another call and don't hang up until your order is placed :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    New Gaming Laptop for under $1000? Those two do not go together if you catch my meaning!? If you do find one that's new that says it is for gaming and less than 1K, you are being lied to and will end up disappointed! You will end up w/ a laptop that can barely run most games and overheats!

You could build a beast of a desktop for that money but good laptop, I am afraid not! sorry!
    The laptop he linked ($800 after rebate) is more than capable of running any game @ 1080p on at least medium or so settings... and ones like wow/sc2 on high/ultra settings.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The laptop i linked was more than capable, the Graphics card is solid, its the sandy bridge i7, for $800, that laptop could compete with my desktop, and probably beat it out.

Yeah, I guess that is one hell of a deal, I didn't notice the link! So, I am wrong and I retract my previous statement!

That is one hell of a deal! Where the hell was that when I bought my laptop!

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I never had a problem with Newegg personally, they're just really slow shippers to Canada. :/

Try NCIX? They have a US depot now I believe.
    red panda red panda red panda!

NCIX? Sorry I dont know what that is, could you elaborate?

You likely got autoflagged for fraud. Get a CC with a higher limit or use another form of payment.

Deleted
    Atleast they have great prices.

I payed in gift cards.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I payed in gift cards.
    Did you purchase the gift cards then the laptop within a short period of time? I would be skeptical of fraud at that point too which is more than likely why your order was cancelled and account frozen. The idea is to stop the potential use of someone else' credit card to purchase gift cards then make a perfectly legal purchase with said gift cards.

While yes this is annoying and I can feel for you having to jump through some major hoops here for your laptop I want you to know that this is common practice and is the best way a company can protect its clients from potential fraud.

Contact NewEgg again via phone and don't hang up until this issue is corrected.

15+ Year Old Account
    you should have just used two credit cards. newegg won't ship the laptop and the mouse in the same box anyways so having two different orders won't matter
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I appreciate that, and I will, i already cancelled my gift cards, and i did buy them same day, i guess i can understand that, and the rest of the issues were that whoever suspended me, didnt write the note explaining why.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I appreciate that, and I will, i already cancelled my gift cards, and i did buy them same day, i guess i can understand that, and the rest of the issues were that whoever suspended me, didnt write the note explaining why.
    Yeah the empty note without an explanation is entirely that service agents fault. Just take this as a learning experience for future online purchases. Guys like me we have to be vigilant when it comes to clients making online purchases through us.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I never had a problem with Newegg personally, they're just really slow shippers to Canada. :/

Try NCIX? They have a US depot now I believe.
    no they are not I ordered a corsair carbide 400r wednesday, at 10 am this morning purolator guy ringed my door, and it was with the standard cheapest ground shipping method available, all this with the 24-48h shipped tiem what they shipped it last night , dotn know it was just hell fast. On spetember 9th I ordered a 6950 HD, It was a friday, received the card the next wednesday, its pretty fast if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Yeah the empty note without an explanation is entirely that service agents fault. Just take this as a learning experience for future online purchases. Guys like me we have to be vigilant when it comes to clients making online purchases through us.
    I think, i might give newegg another shot, problem is i already cancelled the gift cards, and my rage was kinda for the fact that, i kinda splurged, to get that, took about all i have (Im a college kid lol) and left me with about $50 bucks for the next day, and an empty gas tank... and i drive a mustang GT... not a gas saver

---------- Post added 2011-10-15 at 12:08 AM ----------

I wonder if its too late to cancel my claim to refund the cards.

---------- Post added 2011-10-15 at 12:11 AM ----------

... I just tried to sign on to newegg, give it another shot. one last chance.... and im still suspended, this issue they said would take 4-6 hours. 12 hours ago... WTF

15+ Year Old Account
    it's also a weekend. i dont believe newegg works on weekends
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I would give them another shot. I've been using newegg for about 3 years now with at least one order a month with no problems. Like demon said its the weekend so give them a call on monday and explain your situation from the beginning (why you had to buy gift cards) and remain calm and courteous. They should be able to get this all sorted out for you
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Newegg has great CS. It probably threw a red flag when you paid for multiple gift cards with credit cards and tried to use them. In all honesty, that's a good thing, if someone unauthorized stole your card and did the same would you want Newegg to flag it? I sure as hell would. Security methods are all too lacking in an economy as this when identity theft is as rampant.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    You likely got autoflagged for fraud. Get a CC with a higher limit or use another form of payment.
    Or maybe is credit car got a daily limit, he went over security got enforced at credit card company, they locked him while they investigate if it was him that made the purchase.